It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Jong-il Has Died

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
lots of unknowns coming into the world now.. could get nasty could be rosey

heres hoping the new leader isnt a loon!

I have sad and strange feeling i am starting to believe the video game Homefront maybe true

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Now what is next in line for
the N Korean people. Don't
know much about his son, is
that who would take over?

Under New Topics I just saw
4 new threads on this news.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Check out this thread I wrote last week about North Korea and it's connections to the global nobility.

Essentially North Korea has been run by a line of nobility, and so the custom would be that the succession will be handed down the line.

If Kim Jong-un (his son) (or Jong-un's uncle Chang Sung-taek) is not handed power, than there are only two options:

1) Military coup
2) Open and free elections

# 1 is somewhat likely, while # 2 is very unlikely.

If by chance there is a military coup, I would expect to see a war because the global nobility will probably not accept power in North Korea being taken by those who are not heirs to the 'throne'.

Some analysts believe that upon Kim Jong-il's death, Jong-un's uncle Chang Sung-taek will act as regent, as Jong-un is presently too inexperienced to immediately lead the country

A regent, from the Latin regens, "[one] reigning", or regency council is a person or group of persons selected to act as head of state because the ruler is a minor, not present, or debilitated.

edit on 18-12-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Very few deaths make me happy, this is one of them.... Another crazy dictator bites the dust... One less threat to America left in this world.......

link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

This is like the same situation as the Steve Jobs death..

..except everyone is happy to report it (proof ↑)
edit on 12/18/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

They are saying that Kim Jong Eun will take over but for some reason I don't see that happening . Don't think he is liked by the army

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
inb4 69 age death sexual jokes.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
Very few deaths make me happy, this is one of them.... Another crazy dictator bites the dust... One less threat to America left in this world.......

Uhm...it's really not so much about a threat to the US (Hello? Do you seriously think they would have a chance anyway?
) - but that such regimes usually don't treat their people very well..to say it mildly. This is much more important IMO. One can only hope it will be better for them in the future.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Wrong. You should be worried.

We knew that Kim Jong-il just talked crap all of the time, but never really acted upon it.

We don't know how the next holders of power will act.

The odds of war happening just increased significantly.

I am not happy about it at all. I am cautious and concerned. Succession of power in a quasi-monarchy is extremely tenuous and anything can happen.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

They do have the worlds 4th largest military. They would have a "chance".

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

We knew that Kim Jong-il just talked crap all of the time, but never really acted upon it.

I am not happy about it at all. I am cautious and concerned. Succession of power in a quasi-monarchy is extremely tenuous and anything can happen.

Do you feel that the majority of the population in North Korea carried the same beliefs and feelings towards western countries that Kim had?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Just pray for North Korea...
and for the world...

Pray that who ever takes over is in fact a leader...

Not some tyrant. A Tyrant is not a leader... instead a tyrant is a selfish brat thats only concerned with them-self...

A Leader is someone who spends every aching hour seeking the best interest of the people he/she is leading and representing!

Prayers and Positive Vibes!

Prayers and Positive Vibes!

Cos we know the people of North Korea need it right now...

edit on 12/18/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Do you feel that the majority of the population in North Korea carried the same beliefs and feelings towards western countries that Kim had?

Their military and people have been brainwashed over decades. Yes, they would die for their precious leader.
Don't Americans die for their country with far less propaganda?

link   
Does anyone know anything about his son and how he will interact with South Korea? Perhaps we can get an idea of what is in store.

link   

I am not even sure Kim Jong-il even felt that way.

I don't trust our media's repeated war-mongering propaganda for a minute.

If the propaganda in their nation is anywhere near as powerful and convincing as our propaganda is in our nations, than I would say yes they feel the same way we feel about them.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Correct, the next one on the throne has to demonstrate his "leadership", and must be convincing so as to thwart the would-be despots-in-waiting.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

How "odd" that so many "dictators" are falling from power and/or dying this year.

It's almost as if Fate has cast a die, and the old ways of coercion and corruption are being cast off.

Perhaps it is time for those who still cling to those ways to change...before Fate casts their lot as well.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The people of N. Korea were completely brainwashed, I really want to see the footage of the mourning over the loss of their "Great Leader."

But I also want to see the footage of everyone who are forced to live in mud huts and those who were thrown in concentration camps cheer that the ruthless goon is finally dead.

Who knows how this situation will play out though. This is a historic moment we're experiencing and things could get very interesting by the end of the week...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Oh no! What are we going to do for some comic relief on ATS? What a character Lil' Kimmy was? From his penchants for fine food as his people starved, overblown rhetoric here and there, a magical ability to sway international attention on his reclusive and backward kingdom for handouts, threatened war whenever the spoiled tyrant did not get his way, and many other comical moments I may have missed.

The cuddly pot belly dictator has gone over to the other side, and who will take his place? I have heard it will be his son, but who knows how long that will last? This is indeed a special broadcast and will certainly grab the attention of quite a few countries. I hope his son is as entertaining as the old man?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Well Good Riddence!
Hopefully this opens up the possibilities for a reformation of Korea,peacefully.

If not,theres always this creepy scenario....

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join