It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Jong-il Has Died

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I'll just say this for now. WOW.... This was not what I was expecting. I was thinking the food for nothing deal like everyone else. Umm.. ugh..

I want to sincerely offer my hopes and prayers for the people of the DPRK at this hour. They have a line of succession to Dear Leader, of course, but not all his kids were fully on-board with the whole concept as reported as long as 3 years ago. I can't think of many nations on Earth I would less like to see fall into chaos, even briefly, at this moment in time and history. This was ONE hot spot in the world which was staying fairly quiet.

No hawk talk for me tonight. No. I deeply hope that the transition of power in Pyongyang is Quick, Uneventful and without any question for authority. We can't work with a comittee of his kids, we need ONE to take power and hold it without serious dispute. Here is my hope that happens and within a day or so. Certainly no longer.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
lots of unknowns coming into the world now.. could get nasty could be rosey

heres hoping the new leader isnt a loon!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I wasn't expecting it at all either. I was expecting more saber rattling. Someone give me an e-hug. I am so distraught.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm confused. He died of "Physical Fatigue?" What exactly does that mean? I've heard of dying due to exhaustion but he was on a train.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
GOOD F'N RIDDANCE!!!!

Millions have perished under his rule, the guy was a complete lunatic and in my opinion, the biggest threat to national and international security. He was the real threat to world peace.

Just too bad his son is taking over...this will either be good and provide some change to North Korean society or he'll just continue the nightmare.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
*Yawns*

Will the next tin-pot leader please stand up...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reptius
I'm confused. He died of "Physical Fatigue?" What exactly does that mean? I've heard of dying due to exhaustion but he was on a train.

He was pulling the train with his teeth while practicing handgun tactics...Nearly happened to me once also, luckily I stopped before death. Happens to the best of us.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This can mean 1 of 2 things:

1. A new and even more dangerous Kim will take the throne. If this is the case, we may see a World shaking event in order to make his name as the successor of a tyrant.

2. A smarter and more peaceful Kim will take the throne in which case the people will be fed and perhaps freed from prison camps all over NK.

Can't see anywhere in between IMO.

My wife is Korean and she is celebrating right now. Maybe a little too early for confirmation but she's happy and I'm happy for her.

I met many North Koreans in South Korea that had escaped and had a chance to talk to a few. The stories of survival, atrocities and runs to freedom were both fascinating and horrifying. I would love to see the families reunited if this is a potential result.

Somehow tho, I have my doubts.

Peace

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThrowCatsAtCacti
The next one better not back down to the west...
NK is one of only a few nations who stand up for their rights..
At the same time lets hope the general population has something to gain from this because they have suffered for too long.

No, NK stands up for its ruling classes, robbing and raping the brainwashed and exhausted people to fund their lives of luxury.

Don't confuse bravery and pride with dictatorial greed and maniacal lunacy.

The only thing we can hope for is that the people take this opportunity to rise up against their leadership. Everything we've read about Kim Jong Un leads us to believe that the little sh*t is worse than his father, and a military takeover would scare that crap out of SK and the rest of the world too.

Neither a military dictatorship or KJU taking over is good for the people of that country, or anyone else for that matter.

Unfortunately, the people of NK seem too destroyed and timid to do anything for themselves. After decades of poverty, starvation and brainwashing, there are not enough people there willing to save their country for anything positive to happen. It's like a morgue in there.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Reptius

Perhaps he was being pulled by the train

I think there was a rift between he and the army through out this past year . I would also say that I don't see much chance of his son taking over now that he has passed away .

I am guessing that the son dies of a hart attact do to " intense greeff " in the very near future

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RenegadeScholar
Beat me to it!

Maybe Kim's retiring and replacing himself with his son, Kim? Like father like son, well I hope not.

I bet he's 10x worse, actually.

I don't. I do believe his son is the one who is supposed to replace him, but there have been suggestions made in the past that his son is no where near as strict as him....

N. Korea will open up a bit and that things will Change...

I bet. I could be wrong,but, I guess only time will tell.

edit on 18-12-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I can see a coupe happening... Can't see Generals with a 40 year history with Kim, listening to his 20 year old son.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Yep its official, here's the proof..

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Apparently he is dead...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reptius

This is from their state television (all their TV is state run).
They have looping scenes glorifying their precious leader. Their news is pure, 100%, unadulterated propaganda. Think Faux News is bad? Imagine that every minute of the day, every day, for years.

He could have died on the toilet, surrounded by hookers and coc aine and we'll never know.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

They don't eat your food. The military does and the people still starve.
edit on 18-12-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
State tv is saying that Kim Jong Eun is set to be the new leader ...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception
Apparently he is dead...

Indeed...

Ok, time for me to post my Kim Jong Il is dead thread.

I kid...

link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

I hate coming to ATS whenever there is a big news story. People don't bother to even look at the Recent Posts page.

link   
reply to post by Reptius

He was diabetic and suffered a stroke in 2008.
Good Riddance....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join