It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Jong-il Has Died

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Also, while I'm here, I saw someone speaking on BBC or RT last night (I can't remember which, too tired) and they were suggesting that we'll probably see some militaristic response in NK after KJI funeral.
The guy talking said that they'd all be effectively on hold until then, but that he believes there will be military leaders planning a coup during this time.

Opposite of what people think...s military coup is exactly what the US needs. Low level military personnel and the NK always had a diety who had military backing. The military is made up of common people. In fact...nost of the Army starves just like the rest of the normal population. The military could never get away with running the country by themselves. The system needs a cult figure. The military knows this. Ain't no coup gonna happen...but if it does it will never work.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Back from the pub...

We had a ton of shots to celebrate that horrible dictator's death. Just a pity he's being followed up by his son "Menta Li Il"

For crying out loud, he made women measure every single rice corn he ate just so he could claim those rice corns "confirm" with official policy. Next time you complain out health care policies, imagine to justify the length of rice corns
lol:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

He's so corpsey,
so corpsey.
So cold and he's a dead corpse.

(To the tune of "I'm so 'ronery,' ala "Team America: World Police.")

Seriously though, I personally don't have feelings one way or the other about his regime or anything like that. I know he was a "meanie" by our standards, but that no longer really matters, does it? No real sense dwelling on it.

Regardless of who/what he was during his life, I just offer his family and loved ones my condolences. It sucks to lose someone, no matter the country, language, credo, etc.

R.I.P. KJI, someone will miss you (i think...)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
For those of us that are not to familiar with North Korea (Apart from Kim Jong Il), here is a great Link (Video)
Just imagine if your country was like this? We may moan, but Jesus, we don't have much to moan about in comparison with this...........enjoy

news.bbc.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 21-12-2011 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

Kinda felt like it wasn't TRULY relevant. Like - We are from the government, we are here to help.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Imagine a 28 year man being that demented and dominating,so high on himself that he actually forces people to measure the size of the food he's about to eat and now imagine that same 28 year old person controlling and manipulating the largest army of any country on earth within the most militarized nation in the world,north korea...

edit on 21-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well he has been " il " for quite some time now so his death comes as no surprise

South Korea I'm sure is a bit worried if and how the newcomer son will exert his presence to let it be known where he stands.

The sad thing is those guys in the North Korean higher ranks know the truth about the real circumstances between the relationships between North Korea and most other countries, and yet they hold their position and let millions of their own people starve while they themselves wallow in riches.

And China, the only country in a good position to make things halfway right in North Korea also just sits there and lets those millions be suppressed and starved (not that the Chinese government is much better than North Korea's).

-Alien

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

Was'nt the United States more or less fighting China through the North Koreans during the Korean War and fighting China through the North Vietnamese during the Vietnam War? Meaning that the United States was actually fighting China indirectly during both those wars,because it was China that was supplying those countries with materials,weapons and troops that were used against the United States...

So China and North Korea are actually birds of the same feather,then and now...

edit on 21-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Yes you are correct but I am struggling to find relevance in your comment with respect to mine. Maybe you were just adding to what i said in a way?

-Alien

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
DAMN I just got a job at MacDonnels across there>.<
I hope you rot in hell you basterd

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Sorry for the last post, it was not called for, but most of the people here if I am not mistaken are American
and I do not want to tarnish the rest of us with there quest for world domination
McDonald's is of course the best restant in town ^^

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Ok I soon I heard this, the plot of this game came straight to my head. I don't but I hope this wont happen.
en.wikipedia.org...(video_game)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by whichrightway

it's homefront and it may be possible but highly unlikely North Korea can become a new superpower

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

In what way would North Korea not be able to become a super power? Money? Oil? Those two are the same things,money is oil and oil is money,are those the things that define a super power?...

North Korea is the most militarized nation on earth and they have the largest army of any country in the world,if thats not a super power than what is?

The United States is not the be all end all of world powers,even though the United States citizens are told to think and believe it,the population of the United States is riding on credit and the billions,or trillions that is owed from credit,most of which will be passed on to the next generation,will do nothing but further demoralize that generation...

Not to mention the sad fact that the United States has the largest percentage of people in jail,more than any other country on earth and most of them are in jail for petty drug charges,while the real criminals,the ones who extort millions from fortune 500 companies,never go to prison because they can and do buy their way out and can afford high powered attorneys.Meanwhile,the poor get thrown into steel cages like animals...

The United States is a Super Police State...IMO...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Well there is one way N Korea could be a Super Power but it can't involve Kim Jong Un here's my scenario

With the rule of Kim Jong un weak the leaders of North Korea decided that it is time to reunite with South Korea peacefully. However during the reunification process the North Korean military launches a coup to overthrow the South Korean Government. With Korea united under rule of the North via communist military dictatorship the Koreans buildup their military forces. Just as the US was going to respond it became paralyzed with the economic crisis forcing them to withdraw from Asia. Meanwhile China has collapsed due to Citizen uprisings like the ones in Egypt. With the US and China out of the way The North Koreans annexes Japan and the Southeast Asian nations with no difficulties by threatening them with annihilation. Then North Korea launches an invasion of Australia, New Zealand, and other Oceania nations. With the conquest of the Pacific now complete North Korea turn its eyes toward a greatly reduced US. North Korea launches a EMP Strike and took the western part of the us

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

And Russia... It goes on I think. Now they use NK as a barricade. World's largest military barracks - China's army reserve headed agaist nations below. Their suicide bomber. Manchurian candidate. They are ok with status quo. Sad...

Young Kim may recognize that he and his brainwashed nation are just toys but whether he can change anything is questionable. Not only due to China's unknown influence (e.g. on their military?) but primarily due to inertia. He has his screenplay written.
Something just can't be reformed. It's fifty years persisting pat. They still need their war and they need to quickly lose it but who will die for them today?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

As it stands right now,North Korea has an army the same size as China,Russia and the United States combined,almost 10 million troops,think about that and if North and South Korea became one unified nation,their standing army would number around 18 million troops,around the same as China, Russia, United States, France, Germany, England, Israel, Australia, Canada, Brazil, Austria, Denmark, Egypt, Greece, Italy, Pakistan and Japan combined!!!,as this link plainly shows > en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 22-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson
The people of North Korea have been starving for decades. Hopefully, its the announcement that their regime in that country is dead.

Yea, now they will be better because American "democracy" is coming?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This pisses me off. North Koreans are so starved that they consume human flesh from fresh graves daily. Meanwhile, my country's government tells North Korea that if they abandon their nuclear program, they'll send in food aid. While the citizens of North Korea starve during the two governments pissing contest. Like they even care about their own people anyhow. The Kim family will allow every last North Korean citizen to die before they dismantle their nuclear program.
edit on 12-22-2011 by jaymp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Just ... Sausages

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join