It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Jong-il Has Died

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Will the Son do something to show a power of force ??
very hard to decipher what he will do .. he is so young to be the king of NK

will he attack the south ?
or be a real good leader compare to his father

More than likely he will do something to show everone he is the boss and that usually means some kind of act of agression. I was over there when his father took power and we stayed on alert for months. We wound up doing what they call team spirit exercises which basically means there was a show of power from both sides. The North program supporters quite a few times and there were more than a few small conflicts.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
They are a nation caught in a terrible group think trap - though for a decade or more a lot of them have known what a crock of # it all is, they are still unable to break out of it. Still much the same goes for Saudi Arabia and Wahabbism, or indeed the West and Political Correctness. A big dose of reality check seems to be the best medecine in most cases.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

Actually, almost entire Asia is one large military zone ... the population of China is also "brainwashed", and even if not to the same extent as the Koreans, it really doesn't matter.

The size of their Army, only makes them better cannon fodder.

In the centuries before, an army had rules ... historically it was more a "show" than real fighting. Much like Kung Fu, is more a dance than real fighting. Both North Korea and China are in reality endangering their own population with their sizable army and politics, rather than building up their own defences. Because Army size, does not matter any more ... we've abandoned the rules of engagement. Today there isn't even a formal decleration of war, which means that "Geneve convention" doesn't apply ...

And it doesn't really matter, wether they have nuclear weaponry or not. Nuclear weapons is not going to defend them in case of real conflict, anymore than it will the US. And those nations today, that do not officially have one, have both knowledge and material that allows them to create bombs of this nature ... if they'd even need them. And in such need, you don't need hundreds ... you only need one or two, for specific purposes. The abundance of it, is just plain stupid. It's a stockpile of unstable matter ...

edit on 19-12-2011 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
reply to post by InsideYourMind

I hear he was a real humanitarian...

I'm sure he will be missed by the world....

Love the Satire !

Just maybe InsideYourMind

needs to do some Research of North Korea , Kim Jong Il and his Daddy God Kim jong sung !

and the lifestyle ( like the Book 1984 by George Orwell ) of the People of North Korea from Defector's & Tourist risking their lives Smuggling Videos, Reels, Audio Tapes out of the Country

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

excellent comparison!

Excellent indeed!

InsideYourMind your entitled to your opinion 100%
And I respect it... I really do

But I disagree with it all the same

edit on 12/19/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfenz

reply to post by InsideYourMind

I hear he was a real humanitarian...

I'm sure he will be missed by the world....

Love the Satire !

You sure do think you are a saint, saving them from evil don't you?

No, you are not ... you are just a greedy business man, who sees the enormous population of Asia as a good base for slavery. You go to Thailand, so you can enjoy "boys" ... and you let China do all the dirty industrial work for you, with child labour and cheap labour ... but have you seen the amount of people with growin skin cancer, their level of "ignorance" and lack of "common sense" ?

They're just cheap labour to us here in the West, don't fool yourself into thinking that you are saving them from anything ... you do think, like the rest of the western world, that the population of the world is too great. And the Asian people, hate all westerners and their tactics is to "move to the west and have many many asian kids".

We're no saints ... none of us are.

edit on 19-12-2011 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
So... NK, can we be friends now?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Just a guess, but there are people in N. Korea with short wave radios, and outside news can be had, I'm sure owning one is a capitol offense, but as with any country, there are holdouts who wait and wait for the right timing to go for change and this may just be the time. With the country in disarray, it would be ripe for rebellion, the military divided, the government inoperable, and in question power wise. I think you will see a growing wave of unrest and possibly a coup take place, or at least an attempt. There is nothing to loose for the citizens, and those times and people are the most dangerous to the corrupt administration in place. This could get very interesting in short order. On the other hand, it's a perfect time to warm up to the US and work deals other wise un-thought of even a week ago.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I'm in Seoul this week. My South Korean coworkers keep saying, "Oh, there's nothing to worry about." But I wonder...if there's really no cause for concern, why do they all keep glancing nervously at the TV as it plays endless clips of Kim Jong Il? Hmmm....

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

Say what?!

I dont understand what your saying... or who you are saying it to?

But rest assured I am Evol and I pose no threat to Asia!

I havent been to Thailand and I certainly have never enjoyed "boys"
Dont ever plan on it either...

I'm not really a business man...
But I do sell junk at yard sales in the summer time.

and as far as cheap labor/slavery...
I'd sure wish all those jobs the west sent over seas would come back...

It would kinda help the American Economy and give the unemployed... jobs

I really wish Asia and the rest of the world, all the best!

And I really wished I understood what your trying to say...

Maybe I missed something... oh well wouldnt be the first time

edit on 12/19/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

If I were in your shoes...

I would be cautious,
I'm paranoid anyways... haha

But I wouldnt let it worry me too much.

I would do my job and just get through this week,

-Here's to wishing you well

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by graceunderpressure
I'm in Seoul this week. My South Korean coworkers keep saying, "Oh, there's nothing to worry about." But I wonder...if there's really no cause for concern, why do they all keep glancing nervously at the TV as it plays endless clips of Kim Jong Il? Hmmm....

South Koreans always say that.

They are like the Japanese about Fukushima... nothing is going on, it's all safe, let's eat that delicious glowing food from Fukushima to get my daily dose of healthy radiation...

The Nile is probably a river in Asia.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Being reported NK test fired a missile launch this morning guess that answers anyones doubts about showing some force from the new young leader.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
BBC not on "Text" yet 11.30 am news 24 said

A Short range rocket has been fired from North Korea to south

also

immediately (death of Kim) South Korea Military put on full alert

will provide link when in print.

Kind Regards,

Elf

edit to update:

rueturs on BBC News Ticker "North Korea "TEST" fired an rocket from the East of the country towards the South"

Historically this is not unusual, so we can all not worry as much as first thought on this.

edit on 19-12-2011 by MischeviousElf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by osirys
reply to post by AkumaStreak

I second that, why is the US government trying to help out everyone but their own people?

It is called public image

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
They will announce the trade of food aid from the US for them stopping their nuclear program.
Second line.
edit on 18-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

rt.com...
edit on 18-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

I just don't understand why America is telling everyone else that they can't have nuclear bombs and trying to enforce that, yet America currently had 5,113 nuclear warheads and at one time in the 60's had
31,255 warheads. America is also the only country who has actually used them in an act of war against another country...Nagasaki and Hiroshima, Japan. Other than blatant hypocrisy, is there a reason for this? It just seems to be no other reason than hypocrisy, am I wrong?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

CNN has just reported that N. Korea just test fired a missle. I believe they pulled it from AP news.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcsandy
reply to post by AllUrChips

CNN has just reported that N. Korea just test fired a missle. I believe they pulled it from AP news.

They also said that they don't believe it was in any response to Kim Jong I'ls death, you left that part out. I was watching CNN too and it was part of the sentence.
edit on 19-12-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

The broadcast is only to officiate 27 year old Kim Jong Un in to power.

Nothing surprising in the upcoming broadcast!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

reply to post by bjarneorn

Say what?!

I dont understand what your saying... or who you are saying it to?

It's a third person reference, not you as you ... but rather rather all of us here, in the west.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join