It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Jong-il Has Died

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I akin NK,and SK to Berlin of the Cold War,albeit a hair more tense.

I would think that if given a complete power void in NK,you might see large amounts of people willing to come over to SK. That is if they can pass all those minefields............

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

When it comes down to it,

Kim Jong-Il should've been dragged by a truck into a gulag and then tortured to death. It'd only be fair since it's what he put his own people through.

Scum of the earth dies, now his fat fu*k son steps in, with no experience once so ever. Can't wait to have a spoiled brat in charge of a nuclear nation.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
He's been grooming his son to take over for years.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by diamount

Yeah this was already written in stone. When he goes, his son will take the throne of the DPRK...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I will not show my DD 214 but I will post on here my orders to Korea that will take care part of your argument. As far as your disdain for the military and comments of pointing a gun at the other side I will stay away from the argument is you are obviously one of those people with hate for all military. Unless you have lived it you have no clue about it. You are so off base about what we're doing there.
I will always take a the word of people that I've looked in the face and talk to that have lived there over someone who has formed opinions through scavanged documents on part of the world that they have never been to. I can only assume you've been brainwashed by some teacher somewhere into thinking that North Korea isn't that bad.
I should just leave you be with your B.S. People like you are hopeless when it comes to talking sense to.

You have no idea what goes on there or how many times there are skirmishes on the DMZ. 90% of the incidents there go unreported to media outlets.

Next day or so when I find some of my old orders I'm going to scan them for reference and. Along with some old pictures of being on the DMZ.

The last thing I have to say is Emi Shimi Papugi Da and have a nice day.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Someone made a post about his son suspending the uranium enrichment program... So does this mean that the U.S military bases that are built near the 38th parallel on the South Korean side can be dismantled? Spending more money for bases and embassies that aren't needed. Ron Paul 2012

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I hope this kid that takes over isnt as brain washed as our little #s in the west. Imagine a playstation head thats played a little to much modern war having control of a nuclear arsenal.
Im sure his advissors will keep him in line.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Little is known of Jong-un who is believed to be in his late 20s and was appointed to senior political and military posts in 2010. KCNA said the elder Kim died at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday (2330 GMT on Friday) after "an advanced acute myocardial infarction, complicated with a serious heart shock." Kim had suffered a stroke in 2008, but had appeared to have recovered.

South Korea, still technically at war with the North, placed its troops and all government workers on emergency alert but Seoul's Defense Ministry said there were no signs of any unusual North Korean troop movements and President Lee Myung-bak called for people to carry on with their normal lives.

But there will be enormous questions over how much credibility the younger Kim has, since he is only in his late 20s and has had little time to prepare for the role.

"Kim Jong-un is not yet the official heir, but the regime will move in the direction of Kim Jong-un taking center stage," said Chung Young-Tae at the Korea Institute of National Unification. "There is a big possibility that a power struggle may happen.

"It's likely the military will support Kim Jong-un," he added. "Right now there will be control wielded over the people to keep them from descending into chaos in this tumultuous time."

Source

This was from an hour ago,may have some additional info.
edit on 19-12-2011 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
i]reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Many of the bases at least from when I was there have already been scaled back. The base directly on the DMZ will remain because it is the only deterrent. Camp Page where I was at was dismantled years ago. Camp Eagle took on most of the overflow. Most forces have been strategically moved further south. The base where I was at was within artillery range from the north side. We used to call the DMZ a speed bump if we were ever attacked because there wasn't anything we could have done to stop them. Every road, bridge, an area that could be rigged with explosives was. As far as I know it has always been the plan to try and slow advancing forces as much is possible until they got to the Soul River and that is where we would hold ground until reinforcements arrived.. The KOKA soldiers were some of the toughest soldiers I had ever met.. That being said if we were to abandon South Korea I have no doubt it would be only a matter of time before they lost to the north. We need to keep some presense there but here is a link you should look at. If you'll notice my old base isn't even on the list anymore.

list of bases and closures[

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reptius
I'm confused. He died of "Physical Fatigue?" What exactly does that mean? I've heard of dying due to exhaustion but he was on a train.

I would suspect that means he died on top of his secretary, during the long boaring train trip...

2nd

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
well that didnt surprise me , hes been ill ever since he was born

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

While I get what you're saying about things not necessarily being as bad for most people as a lot of the media portrays in North Korea, I think you are over-simplifying the entire situation a bit much. You can only reach a realistic view of the situation by considering a range of sources and personal experience; and when it comes down to it, North Korea is not a "happy" place.

Have you ever met a North Korean?

I've known a few, one of whom I was quite close friends with. She was a very quiet and reserved woman, but after knowing her for a few years, she related to me her harrowing experiences of fleeing the country, and some of her experiences while living there (most of her family is dead due to the "re-education" camps… her mother was in one for over 2 years, which I wouldn’t call temporary exactly), it sounded to me like this was not a country you want to live in.

She had very little good to say about the country, though funnily enough still didn’t have too much bad to say about Kim Jong Il himself, which highlights how deep the conditioning (brainwashing) in the country goes. She blamed the military more than Kim, and still wished well for Kim. To put it simply, she had a damaged psych, and knew it of herself, and had spent years trying to re-program her own thinking since getting out of the country.

Yes, if you swallowed the brainwashing of the country hook, line and sinker, and played by their rules, in the more populace areas life could be bearable, but if you held any views or did anything that was considered against the regime, then things could get very bad very quickly for you.

Also, your statement about North Korean's being brainwashed by multi-national propaganda is completely wrong, since they never see it. Their media intake is strictly controlled; no smart phones, no public international news sources, and all internet connected computers are strictly controlled, with access to only a few sites outside of North Korea and China.

Here is one of the best documentaries about North Korea that I have seen, and puts what life is like for many North Koreans into good perspective.

Vice Guide to North Korea - Part 1
(there are links to parts 2 & 3 on the page)
The most poignant part to me was the Tea House woman.

Cheers
edit on 19-12-2011 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2011 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Kim Jong il has died....Ding! Dong! the witch is dead!

All joking aside this is a change for North Korea...whether good or bad time will tell.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
World Leaders seem to be dropping off like flies these days, heh?

(Osama, Ghaddai, Kim)....in 6months, in fact.

Could this be the official "Get down or lay down, NWO stuff?"

(By the way, I actually support a NWO; just wondering if the opposing world leaders are being picked off....)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
So what if he is dead.

Same policies, different face.

Nothing is going to change in North Korea.

Could the death be a hoax whilst he goes into hiding because he had just given the go ahead for a nuclear war between north and south Korea?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
BREAKING: BBC reported on their live coverage the following:

Anon, in Pyongyang, North Korea, writes: "I'm in Pyongyang - silence was broken by what seemed to be gunfire near the Kumsusan Memorial Palace - this is very unusual. Some people are on standby to stay put because of elevated troop movement within Pyongyang. There are several extraordinary things happening in Pyongyang."

Not nice.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Im actualy glad he is dead he was every thing that is bad in a human

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I'm also concerned when I play Call of Duty MW3 that I see one light coming from Pyongyang.... probably the only kid there that can have an Xbox 360 and go online and play... I don't know if he's been outside of the country and seen the rest of the world but I could imagine a more aggressive stance possibly happening because of his ignorance and decadent life-style...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Wow...the icon of marxism has died...This is a huge blow for left-wingers and liberals worldwide.

edit on 19-12-2011 by lucid eyes because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join