It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Jong-il Has Died

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

North Korea to make "special" broadcast at noon

english.yonhapnews.co.kr

SEOUL, Dec. 19 (Yonhap) -- North Korea will make a "special" broadcast at noon Monday, its state television and radio said, without giving any further details.

North Korea has aired special broadcasts in the past when leader Kim Jong-il was re-elected as the chairman of the powerful National Defense Commission.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 12/18/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

Kim Jong-il is dead!
edit on 12/18/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 12/18/11 by FredT because: Mod Edit: Updated title to reflect current information and add new link

edit on 19-12-2011 by burdman30ott6 because: Title Update/correction

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
EDIT: Kim Jong-il is DEAD!

(Below is the previous statment before learning the news of the Death of Kim Jong-il)

Alright its 11 am currently in N. Korea...

Its almost time for that "special" broadcast...

I am highly interested in what it will be about....

Considering the current state of politics around the world...

and the ever looming doom of economic collapse...

What is N. Korea up to now?!

english.yonhapnews.co.kr
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12/18/11 by EvolEric because: Kim Jong-il is dead

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The people of North Korea have been starving for decades. Hopefully, its the announcement that their regime in that country is dead.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Beat me to it!

Maybe Kim's retiring and replacing himself with his son, Kim? Like father like son, well I hope not.

I bet he's 10x worse, actually.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
They will announce the trade of food aid from the US for them stopping their nuclear program.
Second line.
edit on 18-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

rt.com...
edit on 18-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

That would be good news for the people of N. K.

Fingers crossed!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RenegadeScholar

sorry

Usually the kids are worse... cos they are spoiled little brats to begin with...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Thanks for the post OP. Does anybody else have any good educated guesses at what this might be about. Anybody around here keen on N. Korea?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Yes, that would be good unexpected news. Unfortunately all we get is bad news like "I've just order all missiles fired on S. Korea and our ground troops are chasing after them." Hopefully that's not what we get within an hour.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chickensalad
Thanks for the post OP. Does anybody else have any good educated guesses at what this might be about. Anybody around here keen on N. Korea?

Read the link above:

A tentative agreement between Washington and Pyongyang is in the works, under which the US will supply food aid to North Korea in exchange for a ban on its controversial nuclear program, according to news reports. “Broad outlines” of the deal were given to Associated Press news agency by officials close to negotiations.

Food aid is greatly needed in the Eastern state, which has failed to recover from the floods, famine and industrial decline of the 1990s. The United States used to be the biggest supplier of food aid to DPRK, until they suspended supplies in 2009, around the same time the six-party talks came to a standstill and tensions over Pyongyang’s nuclear ambitions reached an all-time high.

An unnamed diplomat in Washington DC is being quoted by Yonhap news agency as saying the US promised North Korea up to 240,000 tons of food aid. The news came after US Special Envoy for North Korean human rights met with the DPRK’s head of North American Affairs in Beijing last week.

US gives them tons of food, yet they still have billboards and daily anti-American propaganda.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
So does anybody just not WANT to read the link I posted above? Why all the confusion still

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Food for freindship.
What a concept!!!
Instead of bombing countries into oblivion, why did we not try this before?
It's kind of hard to talk or think crap about someone when you're at their dinner table.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
reply to post by AllUrChips

Stop being a smart arse! It is very likely that what you posted is what NK will talk about. However, it is still up in the air at the moment.
edit on 18-12-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

Ok ill play: Do you think their going to bomb S korea? OMG!!!!!!!! WILL they will use NUKES?

Im just pointing out that a link was posted to read, for a reason. Go ahead and scare yourself some more then

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ongoing thread on N. Korea.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Kim Jong Il has released a single for his new rap album.... my guess.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Kim Jong Il has released a single for his new rap album.... my guess.

Post of the year!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips

Originally posted by daaskapital
reply to post by AllUrChips

Stop being a smart arse! It is very likely that what you posted is what NK will talk about. However, it is still up in the air at the moment.
edit on 18-12-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

Ok ill play: Do you think their going to bomb S korea? OMG!!!!!!!! WILL they will use NUKES?

Im just pointing out that a link was posted to read, for a reason. Go ahead and scare yourself some more then

Did you even read past the first sentence? I said that what you posted is very likely to be the topic of discussion by NK. I did not say that i think NK will bomb SK. Stop acting idiotic please.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Oh well, wow... So Obama has made a regular diplomatic coup by setting up food in exchange for North Korea playing nice with others. I'm really impressed! Obama has real skill after all! Or... err...

Well, didn't W. Bush, Clinton and H.W. Bush try this too? Didn't they get success..for a short time...only to see North Korea spit in their face after the food was delivered and distributed, and they went right back to working on their nukes?

IF this big announcement is another food for behavior program..can anyone give me ANY basis for why it will work THIS time when it's failed for 3 Presidents before Obama and at a 100% rate?

Oh I get it.... Obama will declare it works, because he said it does and we'll all sit back, listen to the media reinforce the fact it's working with total disregard to reality in the DPRK. Obama then feathers his re-election campaign with yet another foreign policy success. Amazing how this works....when reality has absolutely no hold on the people running around declaring things.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join