It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your top news/conspiracy story of 2011?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Amazing picture and links, thanks for that.

There aren't words for some things. Only the picture.
edit on 18-12-2011 by Saucerwench because: x

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Mine have to be, Elenin is causing massive earthquakes and will destroy us during the Oct/Nov allignment. And Harold Camping and his raptures

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I'll Name a few News-worthy events that come to mind (not in any particular order):

On January 8, 2011, Gabriele Gifford was shot in the head outside a Safeway grocery store in Casas Adobes, Arizona.

17 dead in Oslo bombing, shootings; Norway Killer Targeted Former Labour PM for Assassination

The Marriage of Kate Middleton into the Royal Family.

NASA sends up it's last Space Shuttle

The United States leaving Iraq

The Death of Muammar Qaddafi

The (supposed death) of Usama Bin Laden

The Financial crisis in Europe (ongoing)

JAPAN’S TRIPLE DISASTER (ongoing)

Occupy Wall Street Protests (ongoing)

The Financial Crisis in the United States (ongoing)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I would say the made public test of targeting a small craft at sea using the Free Electron Laser. I did not think they would make this so public. This type of laser is not effected by atmospheric conditions and will be installed in all U.S. Carriers and possibly Aegis Class Cruisers. It will be powered by it's own nuclear reactor....and Discover Magazine has stated that such a Laser...powered by Nuclear means...will have the power to burn a hole through 1000ft of solid steel within seconds....that is not a mistype....burn through 1000ft of solid steel.

With little fanfare....a test was done for the purpose of targeting and held its beam on target. This was a non-nuclear powered version.

What we are seeing is a display of an ULTIMATE WEAPONS SYSTEM....capable of destroying anything anywhere with the help of targeting mirrored satellite sytems and a Super Computer.

People have no idea just how big this is. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Great thread.

I think the end of all our rights as US citizens is the top story. Japan was a tragedy, but they happen. OWS is ongoing, but protests have happened before. We withdrew from Iraq, but that was long overdue.

The story that I am in disbelief over is the renewal of the Patriot Act again in May 2011, and the more recent defense spending bill that had overwhelming support with its added provisions for detaining US citizens indefinitely without their Constitutional Rights. Not only did it happen, it was popular! The country was lost this year, and only a new revolution can bring it back. That is the most memorable development this year in my eyes.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
OBL team six operation script right off of a Modern Warfare game plot.

That Iranian used car sales man and how he tried to assassinate some Israeli diplomat on US soil. What happened to that story?

Kaddafi and all the MAJOR disinfo on his killing and the reasons for usurping him from power.
edit on 19-12-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Strangely enough it was a fairly recent story

Last secret door of Great Pyramid

The Great Pyramids have always fascinated me and I truly believe they have much yet to teach us if we could only figure out the right questions

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The Arab Spring

Because when a massive part of the worlds population speaks almost as one, there is either something in the air, something in water or someone sitting behind it all pulling the strings.

Or all three

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I think for me, the biggest news story was the London/England riots.I will never forget watching the city I once lived in go up in flames It was an extremely depressing event, that i fear will be repeated again in 2012. That and the whole Murdoch scandal in the UK
edit on 19-12-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Ditto what Johnny said. Plus the "can't- make-this-stuff-up" wild ride of the GOP race.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I think the biggest news story for me this year will be the Presidential race. I know it's not a straightforward conspiracy story (well that could be argued) but it's news that matters to and effects the entire world.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Great list Johnny and a few of those would be in my choices as well, especially the Oslo bombings/mass murder.

Anyway, another couple of choices for me are these...

Two major quakes hit New Zealand

and

The Australian Floods

These two stories made my list for several reasons. The NZ quakes because of the response by the locals to it. They banded together and just got what needed to be done, done.

The Australian floods because of the sheer scope of them.

edit on 19-12-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Natural disasters ,I believe while rank the top cause it has been crazy everywhere across the globe.

2011 already costliest year for natural disasters

Expert: 'We are rewriting the financial and economic history of disasters on a global scale'

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Im not sure what would be the top story of 2011 for me. In no particular order, here are a few that really caught my attention.

Fukushima
OWS
Arab Spring
Protests in Greece (and other places in Europe, UK Riots)
"Death?" of Osama bin Laden

I would also say the economy, since the problems in Europe are pretty big at the moment.

ETA - I would also say the presidential race, but ill leave that for 2012 top news for me.
edit on 19-12-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Here's my list of what really mattered to me (in no particular chronological order)

OWS. I think this movement made us all talk, and feel, and wonder. I think it mattered, globally. If it could've come up with a focus, a universal constant, I think it would've made far more of an impact. Still, we are talking about it. It matters.

Deepwater oil spill.
Although this began in 2010, the repercussions manifested themselves throughout the year.

Wikileaks. I think that Wikileaks was very important. It showed us what we didn't want to know. It showed us what we didn't care to learn. At the very least, it made us think.

Gaddafi killed. Conflicting reports. High strangeness. Much of the world laud his death. So it goes.

Fukushima..... and all that surrounds it. World changing. Evolution. Will we ever know the complete repercussions of this disaster?

Osama Bin Laden killed. Lauded by President Obama as the "most significant acheivement to date."

Curiosity is launched, scheduled to arrive on Mars on 06 Aug 2012.

Just an off-the-cuff list. I'm sure there will be more.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Great choices argentus. I'm not sure if we will realize the ramifications of Libya and Qaddafi's death for a few years yet, although if Egypt is any example, it might not take that long.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I'd like to add to that list the earthquakes in Christchurch, NZ this year. For some reason, I misremembered the February earthquake as being in late 2010. There was the big earthquake in Sept. of 2010, then the swarm in February of this year, again in June of 2011 and now recently in December of 2011. Very important events, and worthy of inclusion in top news stories for me. I'm sure there will be others, and when I have those "oh yeah" moments, I'll pop in here and add them. Great thread!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Top Story for me is accelerating "awakening" of milions of people ...more and more people get knowing what is "really " happening in the world and who runs the things

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join