It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt to US judges : disagree with my policies as president and you will get arrested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Another nail in the Newt presidential run coffin.

Under fire, Gingrich targets U.S. judges

Republican presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich threatened on Sunday to have U.S. judges arrested if they disagreed with his policies as president, ratcheting up his attacks on the judiciary as he tries to halt a slide in his campaign.

“I got into this originally because of two things: the steady encroachment of secularism through the courts to redefine America as a non-religious country and the encroachment of the courts on the president’s commander-in-chief powers, which is enormously dangerous,” Gingrich said on CBS’ “Face the Nation.”

Gingrich has said that, as president, he would ignore U.S. Supreme Court decisions that conflicted with his powers as commander in chief. He said on “Face the Nation” he would subpoena a judge if the jurist disagreed with him, and send police “if you had to or you’d instruct the Justice Department to send a U.S. Marshall” if necessary to bring the judge in.

I mean... sieg heil Gingrich! All heil Gingrich the emperor...

Is anyone still thinking about voting for that nutjob?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
All the other nutjobs. And, honey, I've got news for you: there's a lot of nutjobs running around, and now that it's okay to hate Obama, they just gonna keep on coming out of the woodwork.
edit on 18-12-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

link   
I am voting for him, why wouldnt you, he is obviously the best candidate there is

link   
I never really agreed with the man on much, but I always considered him pretty smart. After reading this

I got into this originally because of two things: the steady encroachment of secularism through the courts to redefine America as a non-religious country

he might as well bite me... Last I checked, the religion and the government were supposed to be completely separated. I guess the constitution only applies when you agree with it though.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Say "bye- bye" to Newt.

There goes his Presidency shot.

And to answer your question- I never thought about voting for Newt.

Ron Paul is going to have a field day with this.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Do that and he'll be in a casket a few days later......... Think of Kennedy after he messes around with the feds

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I'd rather vote for Obama three hundred times before I allow this man to step into the office. I heard him say this and state his position in the Debates. It was outrageous.

If any of you are voting for Gingrich you are 100% voting for an end to the balance of power without question.
Obama may be bad, but Gingrich is a monster.

Don't be an idiot. If you don't like Obama then don't vote. If you vote for Gingrich incan gaurantee you that things will be significantly worse off (Iran, balance of power, and an unfaithful nature to everyone he is bond to duty to)

Take the bruise rather than the shattered bone.
Take the bruise.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSnowman

Where in the constitution does it say separation of church and state. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think that any church or religion should be in charge, but separation, I don't think its even possible.

on topic: I never even considered voting for newt.
edit on 18-12-2011 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

A guy like that, the best approach to respond is with humor and derision. He brings it on himself.

In September, 2008 (on "The Daily Show" he had another book to peddle, but he was discussing the upcoming election....and said that Sarah Palin was exactly what the GOP needed!! LOL..

He said, also not sure of context, that he "agreed" with Karl Rove (I think Rove hates his guts....). ANyway, here he is recently:

Indecision 2012 - The Great Right Hope - Newt Gingrich

"Voters have test driven everybody from Bachmann to Perry in increased desperation....but it appears that their ride may have arrived......in the form of a white, 1994 "Chevy Capricious".....

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I reckon that Newt is going to be the Republican nominee

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
He didn't wanna be president it would seem

Thank God, but damn, he coulda just dropped out and gotten a cool $$ million from that Savage fella
What a dummy!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Newt's statement is terribly un-Constitutional... as such I can not support him. Of course I never did, frankly, he reminds me of a smooth talking establishment politician and...

wait, he is a smooth talking establishment politician.

What scares me, is he will score points with people iggnorant enough to think he is actually an "all American conservative"... when in fact, he is a chubby, sneaky, white Obama wanna-be... in fact, he is more dangerous and un-Constitutional.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

The first amendment.

top topics

join