It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I just photograph a UFO at the park??? [This is a well known photographic effect and NOT a ufo]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Indeed it is a glare effect of the camera. You my friend have debunked your own photo, for which you get a S&F for!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
reply to post by TheBigDuke

Sure thing:

reply to post by subcsailor

TY,
I hope many people will use this thread for reference when refuting lens flare "UFO's" in the future

Now if that was on Google Earth say on streetview that would be a fleet of ufo's above the earth then again who would do something like that

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Excellent post, S&F for you. ATS needs more threads like this. So sick and tired of seeing flares being passed off as UFO's and/or Niburu.

For instance, this example...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread773426/pg1

As for the title, dunno if it's been changed before I posted. But when I read it off the new posts page, it was clear to me this was going to be an educational thread on how not to misidentify a UFO. Maybe you added the [This is a well known photographic effect and NOT a ufo] since?

Anyway... people should be thanking you for your efforts in denying ignorance, not focusing on tearing you down for a lousy title.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa

thread title confuse's thing's a little i think.

That all depends if you read the OP does it not, thats the trouble on here if that was posted as a ufo post with the title "best pic of 2 ufo's caught on camera" it would have had 100+ s&f by now!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Very informative. I've seen the same effect being labelled as ghosts!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I wish the Mods would sticky this to the UFO forum. There are so many lens flare photos posted that this would be a good thing for others to see.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Good for you. Now maybe you should find something constructive to do with your time other than trying to replicate UFO photographs.

Sometimes I wonder...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Why are people saying the title's confusing? Has it been changed, because I fail to see why it would confuse?

Thanks for the post, OP, it's always good to get information for the few of us who don't already know it all!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Yes it was changed, for the unfortunate people with low IQ's.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I do not understand why people are getting their tidy whities in a bunch over this thread. Pre-debunking is a good thing. Maybe we have just saved ourselves viewing a few thousand more internal lens flares being passed off as ufos?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destiny777

Good for you. Now maybe you should find something constructive to do with your time other than trying to replicate UFO photographs.

Sometimes I wonder...

Geee I hope you are just as critical of the people who post lens flare photos claiming they are actual ufos. I do not think the OP was TRYING TO REPLICATE A UFO PHOTO. I believe the OP was trying TO EXPLAIN LENS FLARE as it relates to critically analyzing supposed ufo photos.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Whats the difference between this thread and the thread from a couple of days ago ?
UFO?.....No !

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by BULLETINYOURHEAD
Well I geuss you didn't then, why even ? bother

To educate others??

Plenty of people on this site sadly believe such artifacts equals alien spaceships.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

that was very well explained, just shows that all we see (or dont see) in the case of camera s , is not always paranormal

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

LOL Well it doesn't even look anything like ufo . I don't think many people would of been fooled to think it was a ufo . It is still good for people to understand how light and lenses work

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Well done , OP .
Great thread and I my self have come across this effect many times , especially when shooting cityscapes at night .
Now we have a thread where we can refer all the less informed who think a simple reflection is a UFO .

S+F

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
People who make threads about UFOs that get debunked should serve some type of ban.

second line.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
in actuality it is a UFO until it is Identified.

categorically speaking all of these pictures until identified are for that matter.

This example is lacking in detail for one and would lead one to believe that it could be a lens artifact and not a solid object or craft.

But in this case, called Lens Flare their needs to be a source of light in which to be reflected.

If a picture doesn't have provide a light source for every object then Lens Flare can be thrown out in many cases.

There is no harm in claiming that something as being Unidentified if you honestly do not understand what it is though.

And one shouldn't worry about what others think of you if you do !

For those so adamant about the prevalence of so called fake images being mistaken as alien craft.

Simply provide evidence as to why they are not....or use the scroll wheel and move on.

Plain and Simple.

Peace

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

in actuality it is a UFO until it is Identified.

categorically speaking all of these pictures until identified are for that matter.

This example is lacking in detail for one and would lead one to believe that it could be a lens artifact and not a solid object or craft.

But in this case, called Lens Flare their needs to be a source of light in which to be reflected.

If a picture doesn't have provide a light source for every object then Lens Flare can be thrown out in many cases.

There is no harm in claiming that something as being Unidentified if you honestly do not understand what it is though.

And one shouldn't worry about what others think of you if you do !

For those so adamant about the prevalence of so called fake images being mistaken as alien craft.

Simply provide evidence as to why they are not....or use the scroll wheel and move on.

Plain and Simple.

Peace

Most of these people try to front it off as Alien.

A thread will be like "I seen an ufo, could it be an alien"?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Nice write up and explanation. S and F

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join