It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did NASA just ADMIT to extraterrestrial life?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by game over man

I would agree, Mars and earth were probably very similar at one point in time. In fact, transference of life between earth and mars is also highly probable, either direction.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

You are arguing over semantics.

Yes they said "evidence", but you apparently wished they used the word "proof".

Definition of proof for you then:

"proof/pro͞of/Noun:
Evidence or argument establishing or helping to establish a fact or the truth of a statement.
edit on 12/18/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Here's a better and more recent claim of life on Mars. They've found methane and water vapor and believe microbes could be below the surface. The article also states that it will probably be 2017 when the ExoMars robot lands before they have definite proof.

If anyone else has additional info or proof, I'd love to hear.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by celebration

I am aware of the whole methane ordeal, see post above, and IMO it is strong evidence for current life on mars.
Or some strange geochemical reaction we are unaware of. If I remember correctly, any methane that reaches the surface, is quickly destroyed by solar rays. So there has to be a source for where this methane is coming from annually during the "spring thaw".

Like I said above, and in my email, proof of life on mars wouldnt really shock me. It is my personal opinion that there is extremophile life buried deep under the martian surface.

Just, lets not confuse indirect evidence for direct evidence. There is a difference, and yes im talking to you chamberf=6

Which brings me to another point, If we only have to go to the next planetoid over (mars) to find life, then I would be surprised if most (barely)suitable planets didnt have some form of primordial life or its lifelike precursors.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

what we really need to know is what ways methane gas can form Abiotically.

for example
[url=http://cnsnews.com/node/53276]CBS NEWS[/url

this article claims the methane coming from these vent is naturally occuring. But i was previously under the assumption is was due to decomposing ancient life. but Im not so sure on that off the top of my head.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Would it be possible to scan the article and then post it so that we may share without speculation?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen

A brightening sun could solve that-or humans could get the job started without having to wait a billion years. .

this is what's worries me the most in the quoting of yours. Why? If they already know that our planet is dyeing because of the slowly and continues proximity (but inevitable) to sun… they know that life on mars will need a boost of energy from the sun… so doomed life here on earth will have to be sacrificed fast to others that will go to mars live.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I hope you don't think I'm trying to argue with you; I'm definitely not. I agree with your post and just wanted to provide some additional NASA "evidence".

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they found it either. Hopefully they'll discover it in 2017 when they end the ExoMars.

And even then we'll only have scratched the surface.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen

what we really need to know is what ways methane gas can form Abiotically.

for example
[url=http://cnsnews.com/node/53276]CBS NEWS[/url

this article claims the methane coming from these vent is naturally occuring. But i was previously under the assumption is was due to decomposing ancient life. but Im not so sure on that off the top of my head.

That link doesn't work - would you mind re-linking?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Here's a link from NASA about the Antarctica meteorite.

I'm feeling very resourceful tonight. Being couped up on the couch with a sprained ankle will do that to you, haha.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
OK then...
Imagine the insect beneath your feet.
It has no comprehension of your Sky package, the problems with your utility bill, your boss...It is all just totally outside it's sphere of comprehension.
Now we humans could be that insect - with any extra terrestrial life being beyond our experience, our comprehension.
Should any such life/intelligence exist, it is quite possible that it exists without the water etc that we think have to be the prerequisites of life.
Or to coin a Star Trek phrase
It's life Jim, but not as we know it'.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mjp54

unfortunately my good camera is dead at the moment. And I do not own a scanner at my house.
I tried taking a picture with my cellphone but it was of very bad quality, I dont think the text shows up legible enough to read. Sorry.

But if you go to the grocery store, be sure to check out the magazine aisle for Dec, 2011 Discover.
Page 36, second paragraph from the bottom!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
How to jumpstart it themselves so the elite go and the rest die??? Hmmmm.... Lot said in those lines. No wonder they bring about the Family return and the upgrade. They would be forcing their own arrests and freeing the school.

Just how do they think the sun upgrades? Do they think they can try and heap on all the negativity to control the wrong, kind. Dwarf stars won't warm mars up too much. The upgraded star is going to be a super white one not from anything they or science suggests but from my friends vision and what I've seen too. The actual process occurs when the Light from all the stars, through the central galaxy star, to the universe centre doorway, Grand Central Station occurs (I had an experience with that Doorway). When all the diamonds line up, so to speak and then a light greater than our own stars, flows through. We're already getting exotic energy in.
edit on 18-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

This is a discussion board afterall. Like i said, if your not going to offer anything of substance to this thread then leave

I added to the discussion by affirming that NASA said there was proof/evidence for life on MARS years ago. It is nothing new.

You don't seem to like that.

It is not your place to tell someone to leave a thread or stop posting.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join