It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Will Disappear First, ATS or Its Members? Have any members "disappeard" yet?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
well, i've got cancer, - sometimes i get a tad paranoid too...

i mean, when it really started, there was this funny gas smell in my unit - my mother smelt it, it smelled like toxic gas but no one could locate the source. it came and went and was so bad i had to move out.

also not long ago, since i've moved, the council sprayed this pesticide w very bad chemicals just outside our house and it was windy and all blew into our house and all over the roof - my mother got sick from it....

and also my room was re carpeted and repainted recently using well known and popular carpeting/painting companies and now the toxic smell, months later - from my room is still as bad as when it was first done. i leave the windows open all day but the smell wont go away. people can smell my room from the whole house. now i barely go in there...

so yeah, call me paranoid but... who knows?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
To be honest, I don't think they care what happens on this website.
Sure there is some interesting stuff, but most of it is nonsense and people being paranoid..

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I really think that we are all monitored throughout the day in one way or another. So what? I'm not going to let that stop me from being happy

And if being a member of ATS for some reason puts me higher up on some kind of list.... well then kool! At least I did something right.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Well, the government does take ATS seriously enough to block it on many DoD computers. This may or may not be a well known fact.

Food for thought.

I'm willing to bet a lot of money that p0rn is blocked on many more government systems than ATS ever will be. So it's taken MORE seriously. This may or may not be a well known fact.

Food for thought.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I think I know why these people disappear.... Maybe they get girlfriends? I think paranoia can def. create something out of nothing... Just be careful what you wish for!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I am new here,but that guy that disappear on 03.11.2011:

1.Maybe someone pay him big money to disappear.

2.His bosses threaten him to not,ever,ever connect with this site,after they found out.

3.In the day of the earthquake he was at the site,and now he is gone in the ocean.

4.Who is who.....

5.I wonder how long this post will last!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
I think weedwacker disappeared also...

I liked that guys style...

gonna miss him...

I miss him, too. But I have a more mundane explanation of his "disappearance": he probably just lost interest.

The quality of ATS material keeps going down. It would be fine conspiracy site, but more and more members just take the "conspiracy" moniker as implying that one does not need to employ any sort of logic or rely on any sort if evidence. One recent example is the thread where someone suggested that the Titanic was sunk by a German sub. Never mind Germany didn't have subs with such capability at the time of Titanic sinking. Never mind there is absolutely nothing to suggest it was a sub, and actually there is plenty of evidence of an iceberg. Why do people create such piles of turd on ATS?

So well, I can see why a curious and intelligent person like weedwacker bowed out.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Honestly, I haev been leary in my reply post for the past week. I have not stated any facts or opinions. Probably I will stop comming here out of fear THEY will find me...peace to us all

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I'm sure the mods will back me up on this one... members will drop off the face of the earth. thats how the internet works.. one day this is your favorite site.. the next you are addicted to farmville...seriously....

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
I think I know why these people disappear.... Maybe they get girlfriends? I think paranoia can def. create something out of nothing... Just be careful what you wish for!

I think you just solved the greatest mystery of our century!

Although I do think aliens might be involved, perhaps they found alien girlfriends.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I was talking about this yesterday with a friend on people disappearing on ATS. I was thinking, what if they got in a car crash and died or some other type of accedent. how would we know they died. you wouldent, they would just, disappear.

Its not like there friends and family know there user name and password to tell us that this member has passed.
edit on 19-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
For a real disappearance,they must have a court order,or you are in possession of some documents,that you shouldn't have.
I wonder if someone ever posted interesting documents on ATS.
Or you must have an interesting story,to disclose a secret mission...so on!

But you will never know if there are mysterious cases, or natural cases of disappearance.
edit on 19-12-2011 by diamondsmith because: if

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
What happened to boondocksaint?

He disappeared...I think!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
daddybear/ grandpadave was banned to. www.abovetopsecret.com...

he was a GREAT contributor to the survival topic. He had alot of old knowledge of homesteading and survival, I miss his posts. He was a true asset lost. I wonder what happend.
edit on 19-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It is unfortunate that the ATS staff will not discuss(openly
) the reason behind particular peoples bans.

Heres my conspiracy-
Most of the great posters of ATS were actually ATS admins and upper-ups. They used the pseudo-accounts to really let their conspiratorial minds run wild, without creating any opinion bias/intereference concerning the day to day operations of this website. And then, they decided to "ban" or "disapear" a lot of these top accounts within a close time frame so as to create more intrigue and mystery for the website, oh and also more page/ad views!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

As I say....4.Who is who.....

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

You should see the lists I am on, and I am still here as well.

Only one "official" visit with the FBI, all others were strictly off the record.... Those kind of visits are the worst, especially when it involves corrupt agents.

If I disappear it wont be because of ATS, or anything I have posted here.... It will be because of my own stupidity.

ATS is great cover, when used properly... Good way to communicate, and even better way to appear CRAZY!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

If your looking for a good cover to communicate quietly, then i would check out
www.addictivetips.com...

embedding text within the source code of an image!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
It is unfortunate that the ATS staff will not discuss(openly
) the reason behind particular peoples bans.

I was researching stuff, and on Google searching for related topics, and found a site belonging to a well known (now banned) member, along with some others, and all shall remain nameless in this post.

I found a general trend that was somewhat alarming... Most of these people developed MASSIVE egos, and thought that they were bigger than ATS, literally Godlike, and assumed they could do no wrong here, and have done no wrong here... Are victims of ATS, and have been wrongly accused and banned... etc.

It is really sad, and pathetic to me... Also, speaks volumes about the true nature of some people, especially those who (in their own minds) have achieved greatness online that they could never have in their real lives.

People who have taken their online personas to a whole new level.... They really believe that they were bigger than this site, and that without them ATS would die....

We'll it's still here!

Really, does anyone here actually believe that what they post here is THAT important, or that they can somehow change the world?

Are YOU bigger than ATS?

Think YOU are immune to the terms and conditions here?

Believe that only YOU have the TRUTH about EVERYTHING?

Or are you just a normal average person who spends some free time here because it is interesting, entertaining, and nothing much more than that?

Are you your username and profile online, and someone else offline?

If so, you really need to get off of the internet before your digital-ego takes over and gets you banned as well.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Been there done that ages ago, I have no need for coded, encrypted and embedded messages anymore.

There is a better way!

Thanks for the tip.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join