It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "see through" kid **PICTURE**

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
You gotta pay the troll toll if you wanna get into that boys soul.
You gotta pay the troll toll to get in.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I may be able to get a definitive answer a little later tonight. I know a pro photographer with a round 70 years experience. It does look like it was originally from a film camera but not sure about that. The seam in the back is the wall at the arch is further back stuff like that is a common glitch with lenses or it can just appear to be off a little from the distance difference. i would go with poor lighting\slow shutter. Seems like there is some other light source affecting the image, maybe a skylight...some natural light coming in from window and the middle kid is directly in it. Just guessing though.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
HAHA.

See through kid!! LOVE IT!

Ok so the kid might be see through but crap if you know where I can buy those clothes from to make me see through too i'll be most grateful!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ant0nio

Yep

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
this is what bug's me about ATS, it was clearly explained within 2 post's what caused this image anomaly.
yet here we are on page 7.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

100% agree - there is nothing creepy about it - the kid moved while the shutter was open - I have tons of pics like that taken by myself

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ant0nio
You gotta pay the troll toll if you wanna get into that boys soul.
You gotta pay the troll toll to get in.

Is that the chorus of an unreleased Michael Jackson song?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa
this is what bug's me about ATS, it was clearly explained within 2 post's what caused this image anomaly.
yet here we are on page 7.

A question isn't resolved until the exact same explanation has been posted at least 15 times!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Besseb
HAHA.

See through kid!! LOVE IT!

Ok so the kid might be see through but crap if you know where I can buy those clothes from to make me see through too i'll be most grateful!

I think this guy might be able to point you in the right direction:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Its nothing more than the camera moving and the shutter speed not being fast enough to keep up. Most people blow this off as being a ghost and they throw it on TV at the behest of feeble, simple minds...you know, the same ones who believe in "orbs"? Instead of listening to the dust out of focus theory, they just say "nuh uh...it's definately a residual spirit of a human being that has passed on" no, evidence or anything...dust out of focus HAS been proven to give the same effect, yet they plow on with it. This camera effect is as old as my grandparents and they died of old age. It is simply missing information from the camera in movement. It's a trick on the eyes (illusion) kind of like the other kid who "appears" to have 3 1/2 fingers and one thumb. ooohhh, he must have lost that finger in wood-working shop class before he died and came back to eat phantom fries.

edit on 19-12-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I just signed up just to post this one comment... I read this site daily but this one was cracking me up... If the kid is a ghost why does he have food in front of him LOL, it seems obvious to me that this is a hoax.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
How anyone could think this is anything other than what previous posters have said it was, is beyond me.

Yeah let's totally throw facts and plausible explanations out the window [sarcasm]it's definitely paranormal![/sarcasm]

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan
Well say what you will. The mother asked me to post this and see what yall thought. I put the other info in there about the boy just to have some brack ground on him.

I REALLY dont think it was slow shutter speed because of many reasons
A- the image is not 'stretch' as it would be if there was movement.
B- The boy in the background would be very blurry due to him running into frame
C- All the other pictures that night were all crystal clear

Another poster suggested that it may be a partial double exposure. Now THAT I see as the most probable explanation.

Get off your high horse people, ohh this dumb, this is stupid......

Yes, I forgot to mention in the OP that the boy in the background was moving. That would have cleared up the slow shutter speed argument. But to not read the thread and then post is just plain lazy.

the people on their "high horse" or on there because they have knowledge and experience in the field of photography.

the boy running around not being blurred doesnt excuse anything. slow shutter speed combined with a flash, which its obvious there was a flash in the picture, explains everything. even the boy barely moving in the chair ending up being blurred more than a kid running in the background.

double exposure is actually highly unlikely. it would have to be a mechanical defect. otherwise if the camera was set to take double exposure, it probably would have happen to more pictures.

A-what does that even mean?

B-the "see through" kid obviously moved during the time in the exposure that was not lit by the flash and also the time during the exposure that wasnt lit by the flash. (he was in the frame the whole time) to explain the "running" kid in the background, he was only in the frame during the the time of the exposure that had the flash, which froze his movement. (do to his running about, he was in the frame for a split second, during which the flash was fired freezing him.)

C-the camera was probably (99% sure it was) set on an auto setting, which is highly unreliable especially with a flash turned on and in a room lit up by artificial light. every time the camera is moved about in the air it is constantly changing its metering and exposure settings. aiming it toward a light, a light being in the frame, a light being out of the frame, it all alters the auto exposure settings.

google wedding photographers, and look at their websites, and albums/portfolios online, you will see photos of people eating and dancing in a dimly lit room during the reception, there will be lots of see through people, or objects.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It seems that the child in the last instance of the photo being taken, either slumped down or tried to slump up...
This would know doubt have caused the effect seen in this photo...

It might seem freaky, especially with Paranormal Activity movies and how the child was talking to a 'man' =P
But I believe this to be caused by the Cameras Shutter...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by stiven

I just signed up just to post this one comment... I read this site daily but this one was cracking me up... If the kid is a ghost why does he have food in front of him LOL, it seems obvious to me that this is a hoax.

Well that is valued input for your first time post but I really hope it is sarcasm.

Noone thinks the kid is a ghost, him mum is worried that he is dissapearing, but he has only partially gone see through in one photo which is explained as common camera effect, so gawd only know what crack she is smoking to actually worry.

The kids stupid mum would rather worry about him becoming see through than what stuffing her ADD suffering kid with processed food might do and the OP has kindly brought this to the attention of the obviously bored Paranormal Thread.

Oh and your post, how do you know what Ghosts eat?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Sorry i have to say your wrong about that being the same effect on that lady's shoulder. That was from a light trail effect. If the kids picture was a light trail effect every other light source/reflection in the photo would have a trail also, but none do. Come up with a better idea and we'll see.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The fact this thread is on the main page of ATS makes this place an absolute laughing stock

Oh not to mention the "is this a UFO oh no its not its a well know glitch" or what ever thread also on the front page,

I mean.... if you go to the front page right now its just absolutely ridiculous!!! there are some very interesting threads on the forum at the minute and these silly threads get all the attention what the hell?, these threads should be closed down and be stopped by "mods" even getting on the front page, surely one of them has thought to themselves thousands of people visit this forum surely they don't want to log on and see this rubbish being discussed ?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Slow shutter speed, and the kid moved while the shutter was open so it exposed part of the chair when he wasn't in front of it. Kind of interesting how his face is in focus, though. Typically it wouldn't be, but it looks like he was in motion for a fraction of the time the shutter was open and was still for the rest.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
The fact this thread is on the main page of ATS makes this place an absolute laughing stock

Oh not to mention the "is this a UFO oh no its not its a well know glitch" or what ever thread also on the front page,

I mean.... if you go to the front page right now its just absolutely ridiculous!!! there are some very interesting threads on the forum at the minute and these silly threads get all the attention what the hell?, these threads should be closed down and be stopped by "mods" even getting on the front page, surely one of them has thought to themselves thousands of people visit this forum surely they don't want to log on and see this rubbish being discussed ?

I swear this site hasn't been moderated at all lately.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
[I didn't read through all the comments; I just want to post this more or less in passing.]

This type of image can be easily produced by a shutter speed that is slower than a moving object. I've done loads of these photos myself by having someone stand in front of the camera, keeping the shutter open for 30 seconds total. When 15 seconds have elapsed, the subject is moved quickly away from the camera's view. It doesn't have to be 30 seconds, but that seems to produce the best effect at night.

Then again... the subject of this photo (presented herein with express permission), was diagnosed with ADID (Attention Deficit Inattentive Disorder). It definitely does not have to do with his transparency in the photo.

Example:

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join