It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God have a god?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Definitions of god (n)
god [ god ]

supernatural being: one of a group of supernatural male beings in some religions, each of which is worshiped as the personification or controller of some aspect of the universe

figure or image: a representation of a god, used as an object of worship

something that dominates: something that is so important that it takes over somebody's life

By the 2nd and 3rd definition, what is God's god?

Like:

A) What's God's object of worship? B) What is so important that takes over God's life?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
1. A statue of a giant muffin.
2. Cupcakes. For they are muffins with icing.

Strawberry Shortcake is a prophet of the most high.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
by your definition, i don't believe that god exist. Something that is everywhere can not be an entity

link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I don't subscribe to any of the definitions you have presented, and your question doesn't make any sense with my own concept of god.

Thanks for playing.

edit on 12/18/2011 by Open2Truth because: clarity malfunction

link   
Going with the creationist logic that nothing can come out of nothing(Big Bang)

God too can't come from nothing so he must have a god , but god's god must have a god too. Infinite amounts of gods because nothing can come out of nothing.

But seriously.. god doesnt exist.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
We are God`s God coz the idea of God was created by us

edit on 18-12-2011 by AQ6666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Revelation 1:8

New King James Version (NKJV)

8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,”[a] says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Various polytheistic religions have one god supreme above the others, or a few that are essential Gods to the other gods.

Monotheistic beliefs(Which "God" generally implies), don't have such a thing. Part of being monotheistic.

"God" is, essentially, an Atheist.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrNaM3nT
Going with the creationist logic that nothing can come out of nothing(Big Bang)

God too can't come from nothing so he must have a god , but god's god must have a god too. Infinite amounts of gods because nothing can come out of nothing.

But seriously.. god doesnt exist.

"In order for God's existence to be possible, you must assume one of two things: Either that it's possible for something to always exist, or that it's possible for something to come from nothing. Ironically, by accepting either, you negate any need for said God's existence in the first place."

One of my favorite self composed quotes.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
God's Big Boss?
His wife, the Goddess, of course.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Does feces have feces?

Do chairs have chairs?

I, too can post pointless circumlocution as proof of my great intellectual capability.

Just kiddin'
edit on 18/12/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Perhaps God is like a diamond with a light shining through it.
There are so many aspects that to speak of a unified being is useless from our position.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

According to his "book,"

God is not omnipresent (Gen4:16, 11:5, 1 Kings 19:11-12)

God is not omniscient (Deut. 8:2, 13:3, 2 Chron. 32:31)

God changed his mind (Jonah 3:10)

God had a temper (Deut. 13:17, Judges 3)

God often repented (Ex. 32:14, 1 Sam. 15:35)

Does this sound like an Alpha and Omega type God?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by VeniVidi

According to his "book,"

God is not omnipresent (Gen4:16, 11:5, 1 Kings 19:11-12)

God is not omniscient (Deut. 8:2, 13:3, 2 Chron. 32:31)

God changed his mind (Jonah 3:10)

God had a temper (Deut. 13:17, Judges 3)

God often repented (Ex. 32:14, 1 Sam. 15:35)

Does this sound like an Alpha and Omega type God?

No, but THIS ONE does:

Allah - there is no deity except Him, the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of [all] existence. Neither drowsiness overtakes Him nor sleep. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is it that can intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is [presently] before them and what will be after them, and they encompass not a thing of His knowledge except for what He wills. His Kursi extends over the heavens and the earth, and their preservation tires Him not. And He is the Most High, the Most Great. - Qur'an, 2:255

And with Him are the keys of the unseen; none knows them except Him. And He knows what is on the land and in the sea. Not a leaf falls without His knowledge. And no grain is there within the darknesses of the earth and no moist or dry [thing] but that it is [written] in a clear record. - 6:59

He is Allah, other than whom there is no deity, Knower of the unseen and the witnessed. He is the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful.

He is Allah, other than whom there is no deity, the Sovereign, the Pure, the Perfection, the Bestower of Faith, the Overseer, the Exalted in Might, the Compeller, the Superior. Exalted is Allah above whatever they associate with Him.

He is Allah, the Creator, the Inventor, the Fashioner; to Him belong the best names. Whatever is in the heavens and earth is exalting Him. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise. - 59:22-24

edit on 5/1/2012 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Makes me think of another question - if Jesus existed as the sun of God, and if he was a carpenter, did he have to measure twice?

top topics

join