It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA Ark on Moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Saw this on the BBC website. The Proposal is to store DNA from the earth's plants, animals, and people in case of the destruction of our world. This raises a few questions, whose DNA would be picked for storage and so on.
Check it out at:DNA Ark

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
U read my mind,just about to post this.
I think its a really great idea and gives a very srong reason for us to go back to the moon whats more important to us than our own speccies? No doubt most people (being small minded) will ramble on about the cost of it.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
My 1st thread topic! Unfortunately, I just had some dejavu about this one. I think I repeated a thread. If a Mod were to kill this, I'd think it appropriate. Rats.

Ufo3-
But who gets to decide on whose DNA gets saved? Best and brightest? How would that be decided? I can't help but think some selfish privileged with all the cash and not much brains is going to get to repopulate the planet.

[edit on 8-9-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
It could be a lottery type scheme and of course the most talented scientists etc would have to be included. Still i could see it causing many problems especially with the minorities but i guess they will just have to live with it, its unlikely we will be hit in the first place though. Thats not say it couldnt happen.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
All of the"choice" stuff aside, would a breeding population in the form of a colony be needed in order for this to work? If the earth suffered a global catastrophy you would need a way of physically transporting the new populations to earth. I doubt anyone ON earth would be to do anything about it.

new topics

top topics

join