It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Limbaugh Calls Poor Children "Serfs Dependent On The State"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
mediamatters.org...

I don't like using MM but I saw this posted today and it kinda just...Made me slightly ill. I don't listen to Limbaugh for personal reasons (I don't need all the negativity in my life), but really, I didn't think he was that damn heartless as to use kids as a whipping post.

People like Limbaugh are so confusing-How dare one use taxes to feed kids, but you should use them to bomb the hell out of kids on the other side of the planet? Yesh, if you are going to rob me I'd prefer you'd feed kids as opposed to killing them. Kids are not expected to feed themselves as they are kids. They are not expected to work and provide their own food in most normal societies (at least until a certain age). We can of course argue that parents should feed kids before they go to school and send lunch with them. I think it's a little telling he calls them "Serfs" though.
edit on 18-12-2011 by antonia because: forgot something

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
That's necessarily a negative on Rush They may very well be serfs if they're dependent on the government and have to do what it orders them to do. I read somewhere that Sesame Street muppets are encouraging kids to become dependent on welfare.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It's a sad world we live in. Rush is about half right on this point, but he is also an idiot racist, which undermines anything valid he has to say. He is the reason for the backlash he causes, he needs to get his ego in check and explain himself in a respectable fashion, like Ron Paul. Otherwise, his opposition on the left will keep doing the reverse of what he says, he will become even more radical, and then we all loose. A viscous cycle.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by timi0000
That's necessarily a negative on Rush They may very well be serfs if they're dependent on the government and have to do what it orders them to do. I read somewhere that Sesame Street muppets are encouraging kids to become dependent on welfare.

Yes, because you know children dont want to work. The silly things just want to play and go to school. How dare they not have a career and stable income. We taxpayers should not be paying to put food and clothing on these lazy cancers. Oh and even get me started about the CAP program....seeing to their healthcare as well?!?! Ugh....children are just entitled poor do nothings.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
If Rush were to be world leader one day, it seems as if he would allow every middle-class and poor child to starve to death. Every American working male to work for $2.00 an hour 100 hours a week without benefits, retirement, or overtime pay. And every women to be stripped of all rights whatsoever and considered a sub-human to males.

Same applies to all the right-winger conservatives of modern day. Bunch of sick twisted heartless devils looking out for the wealthy and corporations as usual.
edit on 18-12-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I read somewhere that Sesame Street muppets are encouraging kids to become dependent on welfare.

You read wrong.
What you read was part of this same attack.
The right is going after poor children.
I am all kinds of excited to see how this works out for them.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I'm not surprised at all that came out of his mouth. He spews out so much crud it's hard to keep track. My dad listens to him all the time, it drives me crazy.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I believe this is taken out of context.

Rush's "ego" is a part of his "schtick"... it is actually heavily borrowed from a few bombastic radio personalities in some of the metro areas from the 1960s. And he purposely pushes it to "turn the knife" of agitation to those that disagree with him.

As for the "serf" remark...His point is that the government is purposely supressing job growth, and in turn making people need food stamps, WIC, welfare, public housing.... thereby making them and their children dependents or "serfs" of the state... by government design.

Some African American leaders have described the circumstance as "keeping them down on the plantation."

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Algernonsmouse

I read somewhere that Sesame Street muppets are encouraging kids to become dependent on welfare.

You read wrong.
What you read was part of this same attack.
The right is going after poor children.
I am all kinds of excited to see how this works out for them.

Its amazing how parents havent come up in this. Yep there they are the 2nd, no wait, the 3rd generation of welfare types using their children as human shields against the mean and evil "right".

The system that promotes welfare has grown into a savage beast with a large appetite. Making surfs of the tax payers is what he should have said.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by timi0000

They may very well be serfs if they're dependent on the government and have to do what it orders them to do.

serf (sûrf)
n.
1. A member of the lowest feudal class, attached to the land owned by a lord and required to perform labor in return for certain legal or customary rights.
2. An agricultural laborer under various similar systems, especially in 18th- and 19th-century Russia and eastern Europe.
3. A person in bondage or servitude.

www.thefreedictionary.com...

Somehow I think not. Being dependent of the Government does NOT make them serfs, nor does it require them to do what it orders.

edit on 19/12/2011 by PuterMan because: forgot the ex tags

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

serf (sûrf)
n.
1. A member of the lowest feudal class, attached to the land owned by a lord and required to perform labor in return for certain legal or customary rights.
2. An agricultural laborer under various similar systems, especially in 18th- and 19th-century Russia and eastern Europe.
3. A person in bondage or servitude.

www.thefreedictionary.com...

Somehow I think not. Being dependent of the Government does NOT make them serfs, nor does it require them to do what it orders.

edit on 19/12/2011 by PuterMan because: forgot the ex tags

I know, right? Those kids aren't serfs, the welfare monster thing is feeding them without getting any profit out of them. I say we try to use those children to benefit us!! Shine my shoes, lad!!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I'm calling Rush Limbaugh a disgusting fat bodied blowhard pillhead.

Methinks the above opinion is a tad more accurate.

top topics

join