It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting the evidence

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Thanks for the interest. I don't know how you can help unless you're a programmer (or live in Los Alamos). I'm using GCC, MinGW, SDL, and some free libraries written and tested for Linux, which I have to get working in Windows.

I sent you a message a while ago which I guess you did not see.
I was/am a programmer and I have used gcc in the past but not for many years. Currently I am learning Python in Linux because a lot of C stuff can be used without too much effort.

In the next month or so, I am about to dive into looking at the Chinese Cubieboard which is about 75 US dollars but seems to keep going out of stock, so I may get the cheaper and slightly lower spec Rasberry Pi instead.
Cubie Board
Self finance (target reached) site
Cubie Board Stockist
Seems to me that some small computer like this or the RasberryPi would be ideal as, as far as I am aware, they both can use the arduino shields which obviously allows for more flexibility. Oh.. I have also programmed Microchip PIC 84 chips in the past too, but again, not for quite a few years.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Well, I have to make it as easy as I can on the user, as well as myself. An old Windows XP box that is not the main computer the user is using is fine. The main computer in use mustn't be used for this. It's supposed to scan the sky from dawn to dusk every day, weather permitting, without interruption. It doesn't have to be connected to the Internet, and power management has to be turned off (therefore, XP).

Also, just to align the cameras requires a laptop screen or monitor. That's done with the alignment program, so that aim of the two cameras can be aligned at night according to the stars, even though regular usage is in daylight. Lots of people have old computers lying around. If not, they're cheap used.

And this is all programmed in c.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Locked per request of the author.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join