It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Audi A6 hummingbird commercial: creepy or not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I find some of the images in the Audi A6 commercial featuring the hummingbird unsettling and wonder if it has the same effect on others.

It seems to be rife with symbolism that I can't quite put a finger on.

I hesitate to include screen captures of the commercial itself as this might violate ATS Terms and Conditions, so I invite the readers of this post to simply view through it on YouTube incrementally order to take a good long look at some of the scenes it contains.

The 'field' of red-outlined pinwheels with 'z' or 'n' has me puzzled. They look like a Star of David in shape. What would they represent?

I'm also creeped out by the mechanical 'drone' bees that would seem to suggest a truck, but come across as something more sinister.

The dense stoplight arrangement on the tower reminds me a great deal of a wireless TETRA tower.

And what about all of those yellow globes?

All I know is that this commercial doesn't make me want to rush out and buy an Audi. It makes me want to figure out what Audi is really trying to say.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: I see no reason for you to have not embedded the vid as it is vital to the thread and you are not posting it as an ad but using it as a reference data point for determing whether there is any conspiracy at play. I provide it for our collective viewing pleasure!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

The Audi bird is a perfect metaphor for the new Audi A6 Avant's ultra-lightweight construction, offering drivers a more agile and efficient performance. Flying nimbly through a surreal landscape populated with trees, flowers and fauna made from petrol pumps, road signs and traffic cones, the metal-framed bird boasts design elements that echo the A6 Avant -- right down to its breast, which replicates the distinctive Audi grille. The hummingbird mischievously glides through its world to the strains of Johann Strauss's Open Road, Open Sky sung by legendary American baritone and automobile lover John Charles Thomas. The animated film is directed by Oscar-nominated Daniel Barber.

i see trees and flowers too. and pretty much the above text was a good description.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GoneGrey

I dunno, I didn't see to much strange with it, other than it is someones interpretation of a mechanical world. And the hummingbird is meant to suggest the Audi is a light nimble vehicle.
Where is the origin of the commercial? This doesn't seem like U.S.
Even though, being a mechanic, I like the car, I know its a VW at heart so I must hate it.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I don't see why you'd have to look deeper unless you cannot drive and have no knowledge of your surroundings while out and about on the road.
All of those trees, flowers, etc. are just road signs arranged in plant-like patterns.
Audi is saying that their hummingbird is fuel efficient compared to all the other 'bugs' that are flying with it symbolised by the drop of nectar (gas) it ingests and gets a sudden jolt and flies beyond the others.

If I'm missing something please let me know.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
mechanical/man made elements expressed organically. nothing nefarious going on. though the insinuation that our organic natural world is replaces by man made structures/entities in light of the current attitude of globalization and its depletion of our natural resources is a bit nauseating.
edit on 18-12-2011 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GoneGrey

it seems to me the "pin-wheels" are made of road signs that indicate "curvy road ahead" as opposed to "N" or "Z".

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Thanks OmegaLogos and Whateva69 for the embeds. Wasn't clear to me if that would be crossing any forbidden copyright lines and I don't like the 'booted out for all eternity' consequence for doing so. Your are braver than I!

As for the responses so far, I find it interesting that it doesn't seem to have the same effect on other viewers. Perhaps with the knowledge that it is commonplace for subliminal messages to be worked into ads, we end up looking for that instead of the benign sales pitch message.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Dont live in fear GoneGrey....life would certainly go on post ATS banishment.

We all existed just fine before our ATS Addiction and we will continue to do so long afterwards ...

As for the Commercial a typical Euro style television commercial ...the N and Z and red triangle are Euro road caution signs....

The basis and what they are promoting is that Audi is using Aluminum in their A6 vehicles (Previously only used in their flagship A8) thus making them lighter and more fuel efficient....and ecologically green.

Peace

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
AUDI is pretty know for fuel saving cars in Germany. The add makes sense. BTW you never see those Ads in German TV (ok I dont watch that often but never saw any of the audi advertisements like they are on YT)

edit: the tech is from the R8. They used it on the A8 then and now its getting aviable to the cheaper models
edit on 15-1-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

top topics

join