It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret societies. Are they a sign of mental illness?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Maybe the reason secret societies exist is because people have evolved to live within limits. The super rich do not have these same limits and so are mentally ill.Their insanity and instability is the true reason for secret societies; it is a manifestation of their ill health.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I think they're just more selfish.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Maybe their ill health is a manifestation of the super rich to form these secret societies. In response to all the great work they do towards....

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by s12345
Maybe the reason secret societies exist is because people have evolved to live within limits. The super rich do not have these same limits and so are mentally ill.Their insanity and instability is the true reason for secret societies; it is a manifestation of their ill health.

In my opinion...they promote mental illness, insanity and instability...that is what many of the member of secret societies are trained to do.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I think secret societies emerge because people have an inherent distrust of the rule of government, so it is their way of changing it for how they see fit.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Maybe it is there to give the paranoid super rich an outlet and gives them a feeling of more control than they have. Some times things just happen. A TSUNAMI may just occur, people get ran over, get cancer and these things can affect us all and although we may have some defence, some things are out of everyone's control.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

which ones? There are quite a few, and they are all different.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I would have to say 'yes'.
www.henrymakow.com...

Aside from the information contained within the website I linked to above, it's not healthy to keep long-term secrets. Plus, secret societies rely heavily on falsely inflated egos and delusions of grandeur. Everything that you want to know about secret societies is on the Internet. If these members believe that they hold some kind of secret knowledge, they're lying to themsleves. I can't honestly believe that telling yourself a lie and believing it leads to enlightenment.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

Super rich? I am currently unemployed about to head to college, but when I was employed I made a whopping 30k a year.

I'd say your description could be replaced with anti-Masons and scapegoating. It gives them a manifestation to blame, whether well placed or not. To anti's it's all about the ends justifying the means.

reply to post by Afterthought

No long term secrets? God don't tell your spouse that if you're married.

What kind of delusions of grandeur?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
they mentally ill are those people who live in the rules system and limits.
The elite are the ones who are smart. why are they ruling the world while you drink fluoride?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PinkiePie

All the little guy can do is protect himself from constant assault.
Here's a thread about Fluoride and how to detox and prevent your body from absorbing it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
They believe that people have no inherent power and that power comes from networks of people. But if people have no inherent power how can groups of them have power. These secret societies make the people feel special. People always say the loser says the winner got there by luck as a way of attacking luck. However I believe that to be super rich you would have to be born rich: lucky: or take a lot of risks, some of them stupid, that have paid off, and for this reason I think that they may need to rationalize their position. They have immense power largely through luck and it is hard for them to accept that their are cleverer better individuals than them, and thy need a way to feel better that does not require them to undertake any test, which they may fail and so they have secret societies they get to feel superior without having to prove it.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
There is a mish mash of theories here, hard to comment on just one.

First of all, hating the rich is a seperate emotion than whether secret societies are for window lickers.

Secondly, success is not a four letter word.

Perhaps the 'secret' is that successful people would like to congregate with people who aren't begging them for money or crying on their shoulder about problems they should fix themselves.

Maybe the secret is that Mental Illness is inherent in people who refuse to take responsibility for their own lives, instead of blaming the 'Illuminati' the Masons or any other legally assembled group who just wishes to meet in honor with other honorable persons.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I do not hate the rich. I suppose it may break the heart of your american dream, but the super rich are largely born so, or at least rich. The media crap that everyone can it rich never mind super rich is so flawed and useless it amazes it passes for publication. Like it or not only a small aount of people ever increase from rich to super rich: if lot of people make silly bets some will win: the super rich represent the lottery winners of the rich, or those born so. The opinion to which I alluded is that with that great a wealth would be a feeling of guilt. This guilt has a cure, to feel superior and better than those that are not super rich: remember some of these people merely inherited wealth, a situation requiring no special skill: the secret societies gave people a feeling of superiority without having to prove it. Like it or not in the vast remaining bulk of the rest of th population lies individuals of great intellect, vision, creativity, physical prowess: remember many great men died impoverished, Van Gogh for example: these lucky gamblers or inheritors would never measure up, most people are average, and in my opinion this holds for the British royal family, and most elites. The need to take risks is more valuable in joining their ranks than the intellect knowing when not to. To get there if not born there you must take immense risks which probably if taken in entirety willmost likely lead to bankruptcy, but just may lead to immense wealth.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

So your premise is that secret societies exist so that rich people can feel less guilt about being rich?

Without proving it?

Forgive me, but this makes no sense.

Someone born into a wealthy family, or literally any other situation, would probably not feel any guilt about it, since it is an inherited station.

Entertain the idea that perhaps 'secret societies' are as varied as the members they contain.

There is no general rule for such a varied and diverse group of organizations.

Get your thoughts together, and try again perhaps.

All us 'mentally ill' folks are waiting with baited breath.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
So do you consider those who founded the United States to be mentally ill? The majority men who penned the Declaration of Independence and framed the United States Constitution were, in fact, Freemasons. Were not the plans they developed and foundations they put in place very successful and noble?

The mentally ill are those who have abused their power and twisted the intentions and meanings of our Founding Fathers into the Politically Correct paranoia that has eaten this country away from the inside out.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I thought it was obvious that the the super rich feel guilty: for supporting evidence see below.

Wealth psychologist: dealing with guilt of the rich
www.investopedia.com...

Guilt of wealth

www.getrichslowly.org...

Sudden wealth syndrome
www.mmcinstitute.com...

Obvious there are other factors but if supposedly secret socieities had any other reason they would not make sure evryone really knew about them: WHAT IS THE POINT OF BEING A MEMBER OF THE BILDEBERG GROUP IF NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT IT, OTHER PEOPLE MUST KNOW ABOUT IT OR WE WOULD NOT KNOW THAT WE ARE NOT ALLOWED IN. HENCE IT IS LEAKED.

new topics

top topics

join