It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jewish Extremists Attack Christmas Carolers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I just came across this incident today, I can't find any other sources. The ones I do find cite this source so this is the origin of this report. Since this source is not usually embraced by fellow members I may hear about it, but I'm okay with that.

Before people get all bent out of shape and call this an Anti-Semitic post, leave that garbage at the door. All groups have extremists. If you get your Jollies by pointing out extremists from the other side of the fence, go right ahead. The incident I'm going to focus on here is where Jewish settlers attacked Christian Christmas carolers. This was most likely motivated by religious hatred. There is the small chance that this was a "random" attack, if you want to call it that, then go ahead.

BETHLEHEM – Settlers attacked a Palestinian choir bus returning from a carol concert in Nablus on Saturday evening, choristers told Ma’an.

The singers, from Bethlehem Bible college, said five men attacked them on a quiet road outside of the northern West Bank city.

“A rock smashed through the window, and glass shattered everywhere inside,” chorister Saleem Anfous told Ma’an, adding that none of the 25 carol singers was injured.

“We kept driving and starting singing to cheer ourselves up and encourage the choir members,” he said.

“Tomorrow we will continue our carol tour of the West Bank in Jenin, using the same road, and we are afraid. But we are trying to convince the families that God will protect us.”

Hardline settlers have torched mosques near Ramallah, Jerusalem and Salfit since last Wednesday. The latest string of attacks included a rampage on an army base, sparking condemnation in Israel, and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanhayu to vow stronger enforcement against lawlessness.

But he rejected a recommendation to classify the Jewish extremists as terrorists, and Israeli lawmakers were set to discuss a law to legalize settlement outposts built on land owned by Palestinians on Sunday.

Extremists amongst Israel’s 500,000 strong settler population in the West Bank and Jerusalem reference Israel’s measures against outposts in their revenge ‘price tag’ attacks, usually directed at Palestinians in the West Bank, but recently spilling over into Palestinian sites in Israel and army targets.

Israel distinguishes between state-sanctioned settlement building on occupied Palestinian land and the wildcat outposts, but the international community says all settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem break international law.

alethonews.wordpress.com...

People need to realize it's not just the Muslims who are extremists who act out on religious hatred. This sentiment is common among a minority of the settlers. They make the good people in Israel look bad, just like the Muslim extremists make the rest of the well to do Muslims look bad.

The reason I focus on this incident is because it's not pointed out as often as it should be. People keep allowing themselves to get divided by their religious beliefs which is exactly what they want us to do. We're easy to manipulate if we're living in fear that ultimately leads to hatred.

I hope this does not lead to a revenge attack because those don't accomplish anything other than prolong the vicious circle of hatred.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This kind of things sadly happens. I do not know if it was targeted due to religion - they simply saw a bus full of Palestinians ,bus easier to hit then a car,road in evening is usually empty.
What worried me is the rate of escalation - even during intifada when cars with settlers were ambushed and people were killed, nothing like this happened. Settlers leadership considered that making a new settlement is a good answer to that and frankly i respected them for this.
There were few cases of extremely violent behavior - but it clearly was not a movement.
Now it is a suddenly growing organization (its called Tag Mehir - price tag) of mostly teenagers and the rate of attacks is alarming. 3 mosques in less then a week? Then the survey of who employs Arabs in Jerusalem, then this...
It is like zealots and sicarii are back after 2000 years of hibernation. With worse to follow.
Leadership of settlers needs to do things fast or it will keep on spreading to people with guns.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Thank you for your insight on the situation, as you're from there and are knowledgeable in current events in the region.

Were you talking about that incident earlier this year when "Arab terrorists" ambushed that bus earlier this year? If not could you please specify which incident? I'm only asking because there is only one incident that I'm aware of. There are probably more but I just haven't heard about them.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I'm just going to provide the link for Bethlehem Bible College - - and their purpose.

Bethlehem Bible College is providing a powerful and much needed Christian witness in the community, and provides training for young native Arab Palestinians to minister the Gospel of Jesus Christ to their own people. Founded in 1979 by local Arabs, the college usually enrolls 135 students who are interested in Christian service in the Middle East.

In September 1990, Bethlehem Bible College moved to its new home, the former Bible Lands Society buildings on Hebron Road. With additional classroom space and dormitories, we have been able to increase our enrollment and expand the ministry to which God has called us.

www.bethbc.org...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Do you know if the victims of this attack were from that organization?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Were you talking about that incident earlier this year when "Arab terrorists" ambushed that bus earlier this year? If not could you please specify which incident? I'm only asking because there is only one incident that I'm aware of. There are probably more but I just haven't heard about them.

No ,what i was talking about happened in second intifada and for few years after it, and happened pretty often. It still happens noways, but much less frequent.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Israel just released the remainder 550 Palestinian prisoners as agreed upon with the Shalit exchange.

Israel frees last Palestinian detainees in Shalit swap

A few reports that I have read say that there are mixed reactions from the Israelis about this deal. Do you think it's possible that this event may have contributed to the anger felt by the settlers on that day?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Here is another recent example of settler extremists.

On 12 December 2011 hundreds of Israeli settler fanatics besieged a West Bank Israeli army base. They destroyed equipment, set fires and even stoned the base soldiers. This was the second such attack in a month. The cause? Anger over the army’s dismantlement of a small number of isolated, unauthorized settler outposts. The chief of the Central Command of the Israel "Defence" Forces (IDF), Major-General Avi Misrahi, is quoted as saying "I have not seen such hatred of Jews towards soldiers during my 30 years of service." He must not have been looking

Source

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Haters are gonna hate. One reason why i am more a hermit than anything, it's also one reason why i will never leave the U.S., at least here all i have to put up with is atheists making fun of me for believing in what they consider "fairytales", or the occasional black person calling me a cracker.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Between this and them wanting to ban women singing in public, half of Israel is becoming as extreme and insane as the most hard line parts of the middle east. What is it with religion that makes people act like such dicks

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Before people get all bent out of shape and call this an Anti-Semitic post, leave that garbage at the door. All groups have extremists. If you get your Jollies by pointing out extremists from the other side of the fence, go right ahead. The incident I'm going to focus on here is where Jewish settlers attacked Christian Christmas carolers. This was most likely motivated by religious hatred. There is the small chance that this was a "random" attack, if you want to call it that, then go ahead.

Just looking at your thread history, it appears that you have a "negative focus" on Israel.

People need to realize it's not just the Muslims who are extremists who act out on religious hatred. This sentiment is common among a minority of the settlers. They make the good people in Israel look bad, just like the Muslim extremists make the rest of the well to do Muslims look bad.

A quick mea culpa from you? Yes, every group has idiots. Just focusing on one specific "group" speaks of an agenda, however.

The reason I focus on this incident is because it's not pointed out as often as it should be. People keep allowing themselves to get divided by their religious beliefs which is exactly what they want us to do. We're easy to manipulate if we're living in fear that ultimately leads to hatred.

So you point out an incident perpetrated by a few extremists yet you then complain about divisiveness. You've created close to 3 dozen threads with a strong focus on "anti-Israel". Which is fine, I suppose. I have dozens of threads that are anti-progressive, anti-liberal, pro-conservative. I have a bias. I admit that.

I hope this does not lead to a revenge attack because those don't accomplish anything other than prolong the vicious circle of hatred.

I hope not either.
What would be your "final solution"?

edit on 18-12-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I've noticed that a lot of your threads are anti-Israel. They're God's people. Do you have something against God?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by alonzo730

Sorry but LMFAO at that comment. Here's a thought to roll about your head:

Why would a loving God create us all then prefer just one country? Especially one thats full of a lot of crazy assed people, and is pretty secular these days as far as countries in that region go.

Damn dude, we're either ALL God's people or God doesn't exist and we're all just people.

Either way your 'master race' point of view has been tried and tested and failed before.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

All groups have extremists, but it looks like you have some fetish regarding Israeli and Jewish extremists. Without fail, every single one of your posts is either attacking Jewish people or Israel, for that reason, I'm reporting this to the mods.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by alonzo730
I've noticed that a lot of your threads are anti-Israel. They're God's people. Do you have something against God?

No they are not.

If you want to prove they are:

1. Prove that you are not insane
2. Prove that God exists.
3. Prove that God has favorites.

2000+ year old books and riddles do not count.

Ready, set, GO!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

This is a good example of religious extremism at its' best worst.

I wonder if they have drug/alcohol testing over there?

It seems to me that insane acts like this must be drug/alcohol related.

Maybe to much MD5 or Manischewitz or even ecstasy.

Unless of course they are on some kind of religious high trip

After all, all those rocks are sacred ancient holy land relics.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I'd just point out that this happens in both directions to both Jews and Arabs.

Palestinians corner and beat Jewish Settler

One wrong doesn't justify another, and that isn't my point at all. I'm the first to say you can't justify bad conduct that way. However, admitting both sides are wrong by doing this, it is certainly fair to say there is more to these incidents than holding ONE up like it's isolated. The Jews and Palestinians have been running this tit for tat nonsense for many MANY years...day in and day out.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

Not to forget he voices his support for child slavery in this thread as long as he can buy gadgets:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes, I had noticed this poster. Seems like a fake online persona to me. The others who are trying to derail this topic in a gang-like fashion have been long noted. I did report them, but obviously, nothing has been done about it. I guess derailing threads is the way forward!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join