It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange music video with weird lyrics and symbology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
vimeo.com...

Hey Guys,

I stumbled upon this music video and it's unlike anything I've seen. The lyrics, symbology and scenery are creepy. This is hip hop from the UK I think.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
very interesting. i like it though

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Im white and I can rhyme better than that

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
sounds like some intelligent hip hop and we can definitely use more of that. The video was very trippy. Funny when I saw the title of the post I expect a Die Antwoord video. Talk about strange video and crazy lyrics, lol

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RARARAsputin

color doesnt dictate a good rapper. look at Yelawolf

edit on 18-12-2011 by irsuccubus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
the video just seemed eerie to me

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Seems attention grabbing to me.

I mean, lets face it, most mainstream music is all the same these days so you have to go above and beyond to get yourself noticed as this guy did.

No symbolism or hidden meaning at all.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by IceColdPro

I'm liking what their sampling and looping. Any idea who that may be?

I can groove to a wordsmith who's got some nice changes going on.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

Yea I kno, but lets face it leave rap to the americans please

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RARARAsputin
reply to post by irsuccubus

Yea I kno, but lets face it leave rap to the americans please

What about Slick Rick, Shad, Dizzee Rascal and Buck 65? Easily better than a lot of US stuff.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I disagree, quite an immature view point you have but each to their own tastes when it comes to music I guess lol. I just find it funny all the talk of physics etc, the chequered wall behind them is a masonic symbol also.. as well as the red wine being a symbol. what is the overall message of this song here?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by IceColdPro

what is the overall message of this song here?

Don't look too far into music videos? Everything is a symbol in some way.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

ice cube, ice t, dr dre, tupac, smalls, eazy e, the r.o.c, esham the unholy, cypress hill, snoop, nwa, bone thugz, wu tang...........is more my style
edit on 22-12-2011 by RARARAsputin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I found it drab and boring. It imposes upon itself without offering any substance. My opinion anyway

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I found it drab and boring. It imposes upon itself without offering any substance. My opinion anyway

Well done on pushing your opinion in everyones face like 3 times already lol, I think everyone hear already knows how you feel, what are you jealous of the guys in the video or something...

We know:

a)You are a better rapper without hearing any music of yours

b) your review "It imposes upon itself without offering any substance." -LOL no offence bro, but comon' bro, did you pick that sentence out of a book called 'sounding intelligent for dummies' because its not working you jsut sound really immature and pretentious.

c)Thanks for going even further off topic and sharing a list of rappers that are all mainstream and none of which I would ever listen to, I like rock and metal better anyway.

I don't know why you are still going on and on about it bro, I told you I'm not hear to discuss rap music but more the symbology of such videos I don't care to discuss the quality of hip hop this is abovetopsecret not 'thesource' I'm the OP I set the topic if you wanna go talk about the rap greats or any other 'urban' topic, then by all means on one is stopping you from starting your own worthless thread.

I looked into more about these guys via a google search and they are quite well known with a good following, if you're so good at rapping dude I guess you must be signed artists like the ones above? I bet you're a 13 year old kid living in his suburban mansion pretending to be a gangsta rapper in the mirror.

One love to all.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

reply to post by FEDec

ice cube, ice t, dr dre, tupac, smalls, eazy e, the r.o.c, esham the unholy, cypress hill, snoop, nwa, bone thugz, wu tang...........is more my style
edit on 22-12-2011 by RARARAsputin because: (no reason given)

Snoop is a terrible rapper and wouldn't be anywhere without Dre's production skills.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Well stop responding to me and I wont respond to you genius. No I'm 25 white and I live in central phoenix. I like how you got all worked up over nothing, very funny
made my day

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

once again YOUR opinion vs My opinion

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I like how you got all worked up over nothing, very funny
made my day

Speaks volumes about the type of person you are.

new topics

top topics

join