It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is our unclaimed Social Security funding Black Ops and other projects?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Our politicians have recently played the fear card about Social Security running out. It was just recently that many people living solely on Social Security got an increase after years of receiving the same amount as food and living costs increased.

The fact of the matter is is that there's plenty of money in the Social Security fund.

www.socialsecuritylawattorney.com...

there is an estimated one-half billion dollars in benefit checks that have not been claimed or remain un-negotiated until today?

The Social Security Death Index shows that most of these unclaimed assets are mostly death benefits left behind by heirs of deceased workers. The record also contains essential information about nearly 72 million people whose records are kept by the Social Security Administration including those of deceased workers since 1962, when records were finally computerized.

Let's think about this.
I'll use myself as an example. My most recent Social Security report stated that if I were to begin receiving Social Security checks, I'd be getting $1800 per month before taxes.

But, consider this. I'm a 33 year old single woman without any children. If I died tomorrow, that money would be added to the pool of unclaimed money. It wouldn't be used to pay off any outstanding debts, medical bills, or funeral costs incurred. Everything I worked so hard for and it won't even be used to save my parents the expense of my funeral.

Now, let's consider how many people are in the US between the ages of 18 and 63 who are single without a beneficiary. I tried to find a figure, but was unable, if someone could help me with discovering a rough percentage, it would be helpful. I haven't a clue, but I'm sure it's in the hundred thousand range.

Now, let's consider how many of these folks die from unexpected accidents or illness. That's a whole lot of money piling up in the Social Security system. Still, every day, sick and disabled people and veterans are turned down for benefits because they "don't qualify".

So, this leads me to my main question, where is all this money going? Is it funding Black Ops? Is it funding the war effort? Is it funding technology that is helping to slowly errode our freedom and rights?

We all know that the US economy is in shambles, yet there is an estimated half a billion dollars just sitting there unused while we're all led to believe that the pot is running dry. As injured veterans return home to no assistance and this money just keeps piling up. Every day we read terrible news stories of a young person dying in a car accident or from an illness, but we never think of where their hard earned Social Security is going.

We need to start asking questions and getting to the bottom of this. It would be nothing for someone to tap into these funds that were designed to assist those who need it without anyone finding out.

Thoughts?
edit on 18-12-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Yep, Its all of our tax money in various forms. The name of the fund doesn't really matter. They play this silly game where they act like the government is so broke which it is because they stole it all. And really, you don't even need to try to imagine black ops that are funded, just look at the blatant open wars, various projects to control etc... oh our money funds those drones too. America is pretty much a military state.
edit on 18-12-2011 by veritaslibertas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I have thought about this before along with the $2.3 trillion that went missing prior to 9/11. I guess they just "wrote that off".

Talk about poor money management - I just read an article that there is currently $32 billion in unclaimed money just laying that belongs to the American people.
Just my luck though, my state doesn't participate. Maybe some ATS'ers will have better luck than me. US Unclaimed Money

But I digress, and I may be a bit naive but if it is our money in that SS fund, why can we not demand fully audited accounting statements? I know the answer but how I would love to take a look.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by veritaslibertas

You're absolutely right. We are a military state and feeding the beast is our "leaders'" main objective.

There are many pots on the burners that are cooking this grub, but we need to identify them. I realize that unclaimed Social Security is probably one of the bigger pots, but what are the others? We need to expose this so people will realize that halting their tax dollars is probably one of the only means to stopping them.

I'd also like to mention that the War on Drugs and dumbing down the masses are controlled behaviors that help keep the pot cooking. Not to mention the fact that the pharmaceutical industry, created diseases, and little to no health care solidifies that people are dying younger without beneficiaries to ensure that more unclaimed Social Security keeps growing. What a wicked cycle.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Please anyone correct me if I'm wrong but its my understanding that the main issue with SS and why its failure is because its not a stand alone program. Its just lumped into the same pool as federal taxes and the SS benefits doled out of the same pool of money as other federal programs. Because its lumped in with other taxes its easy for them to fudge the numbers therefore our leaders have easy access to steal any surplus it may acquire for other things.

Don't forget the douche bags were talking about here. When they loose money a few hundred million dollars is the margin for error but when they want money (global warming) there supposedly accurate to less than 1 degree across the entire globe.
edit on 18-12-2011 by swimmer15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by harlot7

I would love to take a look

Yes, indeed! Wouldn't we all.

Thanks for bringing up the missing money during 9/11. That "sneeze" got buried pretty quickly. I believe it is just the tip of the iceberg.

I think that Social Security needs to be addressed because it is keeping the families of the deceased in debt. It's almost as if it has been designed that way. It's also making sure that we are always going to be putting money into life insurance. All you have to do is watch TV in the afternoon and late at night to see the commercials asking you who's going to be paying your funeral costs. What a joke.

I won't limit my gripe and suspicions to life insurance. The entire insurance industry is a devious scheme.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by swimmer15

When Social Security was enacted, it was supposed to be a stand alone entity. It was not supposed to be touched for any other reason other than to assist Americans who couldn't work anymore for whatever reason.

(I'm trying to find info about that now, but I just downloaded a new search engine and my Internet keeps screwing up.)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Just to add a few more numbers. In December 2009, 52,522,819 people were receiving Social Security Benefits, and the average monthly amount given was $1,064.40. That's $55,905,288,543.60.

So, if it's true that they with-held half a billion, that means their with-holding about 11.28%!

It's almost like they charge you a fee for paying social security, even though you don't have a choice.

source
edit on 12/18/2011 by celebration because: added source

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by celebration

A huge thanks for adding those figures.

Math and numbers are a weakness of mine and I'll always welcome any assistance I can get. Especially when it plays a big part in topics such as this.

The figure you have proposed is astronomical. It's hard for me to even wrap my mind around how much money they're actually hording. This makes their lies that much worse.

Thanks again!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by celebration

Of course they charge a fee lol.
Quoted from Wiki. "As of 2007, about 62,000 people were employed by the SSA. [3] Headquarters non-supervisory employees of the SSA are represented by AFGE Local 1923."

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by swimmer15

Yeah, try calling them. Nobody ever answers the phone.
62,000 employees and not one is employed to answer the phone.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
social security is now nothing but a ponzy scheme.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
We are all aware that a "Social Security Fund" let alone some fanciful concept of lock boxes is all conceptual and has no basis in reality right? Social Sec payments flow into the general fund...and benefit payments are allocated back out of that same general fund. So...how do we even begin to talk about what diversions may occur and to where with monies intended for Social Security when it's all so fungible as to defy separation in even the simplest ways??

Bush suggested a solution and Galveston, Texas has actually been doing it now for quite some time with their city employees and that related to direct, personal accounts to each benefits recipient and direct tracking and accountability to the funds at the individual level. It sure beats the idea of one giant pool of money that gets split out for everything the Government does...and some just happens to cover Social Security needs as part of the budget each year.

Bush was the wrong man (by far) and with the wrong details for the concept...but the concept is sound, in my view. Personal and accountable options are the only way to prevent threads like this having to be written wondering where the money *WE* paid in has gone..as we're all told we may or may not EVER see a single dime of benefits, depending on our age today.

edit on 18-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

No problem; I wanted to see the big picture and I figured others would, as well. I'm not used to doing math with such big figures, so it took me a while to figure out, but it was worth it.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I totally get your anger about our social security program.

I don't know if you have ever been to this site but it will blow your mind!!
LINK: Where did my tax dollars go?

*This site gives you a full breakdown in dollars and percentages of where your tax dollars go as well as detailed pie charts of your tax dollars at work.

I do not condone the war in Iraq but I contributed $2300 last year to National Defense. I'd be fine contributing to the men and woman of the military but I'm sure most of those dollars went elsewhere. And National Defense? Is that joke? Why do I feel so unprotected then?

I paid $200 to the prescription drug account. I love it. The same prescription drugs that are making addicts out of my friends and family.

I paid $300 to transportation which includes the bridges and roadways that we all know are falling apart.

To top it off, I paid $300 to International Assistance! Oh my god. At the rate we are going, I will never get to see Egypt, Ireland, Greece, or London, but I still pay.

These are just a few examples. Trust me, everyone needs to see it for themselves.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by harlot7

Thanks for that link even thought I'm sure it'll give me a sleepless night.

*This site gives you a full breakdown in dollars and percentages of where your tax dollars go as well as detailed pie charts of your tax dollars at work.

For some reason, I'm not believing that it is a FULL breakdown. Something tells me that certain details have been omitted for obvious reasons.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Either there is SOMETHING FISHY going on with our Social Security funds or there is a bunch LIES being spewed about our Social Security funds.

Factual quotes from ourfuture.org:

[color=dodgerblue]"Social Security has a $2.6 trillion surplus that is projected to increase to $4.2 trillion in 2025".

[color=limegreen]"Social Security is funded by a dedicated tax, and it has built up assets over the years to cover the benefits it pays, just as any other insurance program does".

"The immediate causes of the nation’s recent large deficits have been President Bush’s tax cuts in 2001 and 2003, the 2008-2009 economic downturn and the costs of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars".

"The real long‐term deficit challenge comes almost entirely from health-care costs. Medicare and Medicaid costs are projected to grow from about a bit more than 5 percent of the nation's gross domestic product today to 17.2 percent in 2081, according to the Congressional Budget Office. [color=cyan]Social Security costs are projected by actuaries to grow only from about 4.8 percent of GDP today to just over 6 percent by 2035, and then decline to 5.9 percent of GDP in 2050 and beyond".

Source for the TRUTH of Social Security:
www.ourfuture.org...

The BS in this country that ALWAYS HURTS THE PEOPLE has got to END!!!!!!

edit on 18-12-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Thanks for setting us straight. Some more info for those interested.

* The Social Security program has an independent budget that is separate from the rest of the federal government.[89]

* Since 1982, Social Security has had surpluses ranging from $89 million to $190 billion per year.[90] By law, these surpluses must be loaned to the federal government, which is obligated to pay the money back with interest.[91] [92] [93] This is referred to as the "Social Security Trust Fund," and at the close of 2009, it had a balance of $2.5 trillion.[94]

* In 2010 and 2011, Social Security is projected to spend a total of $48 billion more than it collects in taxes.[95] [96]

* In 2012-2014, Social Security is projected to collect a total of $10 billion more in taxes than it spends.[97] [98]

* Beginning in 2015, Social Security is projected to spend more than it collects in taxes every year into the foreseeable future.[99] [100]

* When Social Security spends more than it collects in taxes, it makes up the difference by tapping the Trust Fund, or in other words, by collecting on the money it has loaned to the federal government.[101]

Source: www.justfacts.com...
edit on 18-12-2011 by swimmer15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Probably, but they don't need it, that's what the drug money like the Opium sold from Afghanistan goes to.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

I also believe that the War on Drugs is a big part of this as I stated in my Op.

A drug such as heroine is derived from poppies is highly addictive. Other substances that are more affordable and easier to obtain like crack and alcohol are even more addictive. These cause more deaths to younger people and add to the human infertility issue. That's knocking out two birds with one stone. If you can cause enough deaths to those who haven't reproduced, that's more unclaimed money for the Social Security fund.

I see one big vicious cycle.
This is also another card for Corporate America's depopulation agenda and outlines perfectly how people are worth more dead than alive.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join