It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity, is it child emotional abuse?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by gabby2011

Yep! Deborah Bradley made a terrible mistake, because she didn't think it through and behave like a responsible adult, and now Lisa is gone. Talk about child abuse!

But you climbed all over me for pointing out her "failure" to keep her child safe and with her. I was "evil" for holding her accountable for her actions.

I raised two kids safely from conception to adulthood. None of them vanished. I was their lifeline, their caregiver, the one person who was crucial to their survival. Deborah Bradley failed to do that, and you want to excuse her.

edit on 28-12-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

I have mercy for her wildtimes.. and so does God. How many parents have abused alcohol with children around.. but nothing bad happened ..so that society can't point to them and call them abusers.

I do not excuse it.. but I have mercy and compassion.. two different things altogether.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

and to deny that I had done nothing wrong..when in my heart I knew I had.. would be lying to myself...

Well, now you've become a "case study", gabs. See, I knew in my heart that I had DONE NOTHING WRONG.

And no, a child is not capable of understanding the tenets of the church. They are children, learning. They don't need some grown-up in fancy robes to tell them how bad they suck. They need nurturing adults to tell them they are loveable, and acceptable, and "good enough" as long as they are trying their best.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

but I have mercy and compassion..

for a woman who lost her chlid due to really bad behavior.
But NOT for a woman who says she (EDIT TO CLARIFY: she=Deborah) screwed up?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Well, now you've become a "case study", gabs. See, I knew in my heart that I had DONE NOTHING WRONG.

You can make a case study of me all you want wildtimes.. in the end .. it will be a much higher power than you who will attest to what I have said about children being aware of not always following the best way.

Padre Pio at the age of 5 quit playing with other children.. because of the offensive language they used.. and their unloving and unkind ways of dealing with each other.

He did not want to associate with those who he knew were offending God.

If a great saint at the age of 5 could see those truths.. who is to say other children don't see the offenses that children can do.

edit on 28-12-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Yep! Deborah Bradley made a terrible mistake......

edit on 28-12-2011 by wildtimes because: TO CHANGE NONE TO NEITHER

Crap, now I'm confused.....
Is gabbs last name Irwin, or bradley?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

How loving of you.. and you are concerned about child abuse?

Did you say evil no longer has a hold on you?..

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Then why do YOU? If we are all such evil, hateful, merciless, compassionless, judgmental offenders, what are you doing here?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

How loving of you.. and you are concerned about child abuse?

Did you say evil no longer has a hold on you?..

OK, re-read this one. (duh)
the question is about your last name. (or ignore it if you are a child abuser)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

edit on 28-12-2011 by vogon42 because: oops, double post

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Then why do YOU? If we are all such evil, hateful, merciless, compassionless, judgmental offenders, what are you doing here?

I never said you were ALL that way.. I also realize that you are human..and therefore imperfect...as I am.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

I don't know what her last name is, or her first name either. But she seems very quick to condemn people who want to hold baby-losers accountable for failing to parent well or in a healthy way.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I never said you were ALL that way..

Oh. My mistake. Just I then, am "that way". Right?
EDITED TO CORRECT MY GRAMMAR

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

OK, re-read this one. (duh) the question is about your last name. (or ignore it if you are a child abuser)

wow talk about "tactic"

You make a smart a** remark about what my name is.. and then go on to say ignore the smart a** question if you are a child abuser..

Thats some really fine and fair play there.. truly wonderful and fair tactics...did they teach you that in the military?.. i'm guessing not..because I know some military people who would never stoop to those tactics.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

You make a smart a** remark .,...... and then go on to say ignore the smart a** question...

Wow, such language, did your god teach you to treat people like that??

Its too bad your religion does not teach understanding and compassion. (maybe your religion is evil)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I have mercy for her wildtimes.. and so does God.

Um....will God have mercy on her if she is responsible for Lisa's death? Or if Lisa isn't dead, her "disappearance", whatever (which, in my opinion, yes, she IS responsible for). What about her "karma"? Is she in trouble then?

Or just me, for saying "hang on a minute, what was she doing getting crap-faced drunk while her sick baby girl was closed in her bedroom?".....

I need to worry, but she doesn't?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I have mercy for her wildtimes.. and so does God.

Um....will God have mercy on her if she is responsible for Lisa's death? Or if Lisa isn't dead, her "disappearance", whatever (which, in my opinion, yes, she IS responsible for). What about her "karma"? Is she in trouble then?

Or just me, for saying "hang on a minute, what was she doing getting crap-faced drunk while her sick baby girl was closed in her bedroom?".....

I need to worry, but she doesn't?

hey.. I don't agree with what she did..you know that.. but do we really know how sorry she is?

This is not the thread to discuss it anyhow..

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

You make a smart a** remark .,...... and then go on to say ignore the smart a** question...

Wow, such language, did your god teach you to treat people like that??

Its too bad your religion does not teach understanding and compassion. (maybe your religion is evil)

Right.. you can make sarcastic remarks all you like.. but if I choose to call you out..I'm the evil one..and my God is evil..

and you are ?.. the guy who twists it all around to try and make yourself look how? intelligent? How is that working for you?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
By any chance is this Lisa's Mom Catholic? Cause there is your answer. A few "Christians" that come to ATS will justify anything from someone from their own denomination.

It is not right to bash Wildtimes and forgive Lisa's Mom. Thats really skewed.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LunaKat
By any chance is this Lisa's Mom Catholic? Cause there is your answer. A few "Christians" that come to ATS will justify anything from someone from their own denomination.

It is not right to bash Wildtimes and forgive Lisa's Mom. Thats really skewed.

it is skewed to forgive someone for making a mistake?

Are you saying we should all stand up and call her trash.. and tell her how terrible she is .. because her child is missing..and she was drunk?.. Do we even know if her drink had not been spiked.. by the new neighbor..or someone else?

I have no idea if deborah is catholic.. and to say I would forgive her just because she is catholic.. is very presumptuous .

yes I would be a much better person to be calling her names before we even have all the facts of the case.

God has mercy for peoples mistakes.... and one someone is truly sorry .. He knows.

Many young parents make mistakes , with alcohol and drugs....I will not judge them and say they are totally terrible parents... though they maybe making some unwise choices that are irresponsible...and it will hurt their children.

What is this world if we don't have forgiveness for young parents mistakes?..even older parents?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LunaKat

Thanks, Luna. I know I'm supposed to put in a second line....
Lisa's mother is Deborah Bradley, whose baby mysteriously vanished while she was passed out drunk. Her mother (Deborah's mother) died when Deborah was a teenager, had been in AA for 8 years before her untimely death, and some people say that Deborah and her two brothers always suspected their father for murdering her..

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join