It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Caught Over Maui [Dec 17] CGI?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I have always been interested in UFO's but recently I have been paying a lot more attention to the reported sightings. I could not find this posted on here yet so I would like to get everyone's opinion on this.

It doesn't look like anything I have ever seen so it fits the definition of a UFO. It could very well be CGI, and I'm no expert in CGI so if this is a hoax I'm looking forward to a more experienced member to point this out.

The camera movement seems real. The person who films this seems to get confused when the object disappears behind the trees for a moment, this adds authenticity in my opinion, but this could be a trick by the cameraman in the intention of portraying this video to be genuine.

I know a lot of people despise UFO vids with cheesy music, please ignore the audio.

I'm leaning towards CGI, anyone else agree or disagree?
edit on 18-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The way the light from the object 'splays' through the foliage when it passes behind the trees seems unnatural.
Also there is no reflection of the object on the sea, there should be a reflection from an object this bright. I think this is a fake.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

I also noticed the glare that shines through the break in tree cover around the 28 second mark. I was thinking that perhaps this is just an effect from the camera due to the zoom. I'm not sure either way, but it does look kind of unnatural which led me to believe it might be CGI.

If this a hoax, I wish a very non merry Christmas for the person who filmed this

Hoaxers are scum!
edit on 18-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Although I have a slow connection right now, from what I see it looks like classic Adobe After Effects. I'm just not going to trust any more vids, unless there are multiple angles, or credible witnesses. I've been handed my keester before on that account! Peace.

edit on 18-12-2011 by lowundertheradar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I am in no way qualified at judging whether a particular video is CGI, but I did notice that @:27 I can see whatever that object is between the tree branches. So if CGI, at least at this area, the person paid attention to detail.
edit on 12/18/2011 by VeniVidi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

Could it be that you typed the wrong time stamp? The 1:35 mark is the end of the video and there is no actual footage. If you meant the 35 second mark I also did not see what you mentioned. I do see something similar to what you described around the 28 second mark though.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
It looks good in my opinion. You can briefly catch glimpses of the light behind the tree and the tracking look good as it continued across the sky. I tried to see if the path changed from when it entered behind the trees to where it exited. It didn't seem to. Steadily looking for mistakes if it's a fake but I don't have any software so I'm just using the naked eye.

We'll never be able to decide from a video or pic anymore. Back in the 80's and before would have been possible. Not today with all the advanced graphic software and all the misinfo thrown about.

Leave it to humans to repress themselves.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
At a constant speed it seems to me that the time it takes to re-appear is wrong.

At any rate it is a fake. It is well done, but still a fake.

And the interesting thing about us debunking or questioning these videos are that everytime we point out something that is wrong it is in fact a hint to the next faker, NOT to make the same mistake.

EDIT: And people who can make that kind of intro, can easily fake a UFO. They have the software to do it with.

edit on 18.12.2011 by HolgerTheDane because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

This week I've seen a lot what programs like Eon Vue can do, rendering VERY realistic 3D sets. Vue has several presets for animate nature with wind, sunlight, atmospheric flow, water flow and entire ecosystems. The results are INSANE. Lately I'm very careful about jumping in the bandwagon of 3rd part UFO videos.

Nope, I'm not advertising this product. I'm just using it as the best reference I know, for 3D tools for faking UFO videos.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I was hoping some of the experienced debunkers would see this and comment, even though their skepticism can be extreme at times, their knowledge on CGI software is very useful. I personally take no offense if a video I find on Youtube is "debunked". I rather that the fake videos get exposed so the believers can move on to the next one, no use spending our time on hoaxes.

As you said, our advances in technology are a blessing but they can also be a handicap.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
At 0:57 seconds, you see it coming from behind a three, but there was a "big" opening through the foliage and we didn't see the UFO there.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Well lets have a look at another he has on youtube

Look at what he claims the video shows the guy is an IDIOT!

He wants hits thats all he wants you to subscribe because he will show new UFO videos every week

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

thirdphaseofmoon are known hoaxers based in Hawaii , they are better known as the Cousins Brothers and run some kind of Production company .
www.imdb.com...
www.imdb.com...

Given this video was allegedly shot in Maui I would suspect its one of their in house videos so its CGI .

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

You beat me to it:

Given this video was allegedly shot in Maui I would suspect....

And, no need to just suspect....it's on their channel. Their "logo" is emblazoned in the opening titles. Did I see a copyright as well? I only skimmed. Others may wish to spot that.....and go to their channel (open the full link) to see all their other fake videos

Either they did it themselves, or have associates.
edit on Sun 18 December 2011 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Thanks, judging by the feedback I received so far this is most likely a hoax by known hoaxers.

Hoaxers are despicable, but I'm glad you were all able to share your knowledge on this.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
The way the light from the object 'splays' through the foliage when it passes behind the trees seems unnatural.
Also there is no reflection of the object on the sea, there should be a reflection from an object this bright. I think this is a fake.

Yeah I second that. When the UFO in question flies below the tree line and the light it gives off shines through the branches, well, it looks suspiciously fake to me.

My vote is CGI

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I have to add. The people who make these videos are obviously monitoring the reaction on Y'tube, here, and elsewhere to their efforts at creating the perfect UFO clip, and will note any critical analysis forthcoming.
I say screw these guys, they are just adding to a problem, whether they know it or not, where this subject is ridiculed and mocked by the majority. People should realize, regardless of their belief systems, that the UFO subject is a real one. There are a myriad of cases that absolutely defy rational explanation.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
so we know this is cgi.
my first two red flags were:

- the obligatory tree/bush in the way to show we know how we can make the animation mask behind elements.

- the other video from the author also has the craft flying in a straight line. when people can't tween animations right and get the proper movement in, you can instantly tell its fake. (I know, how do we now what a UFO can fly like?)
but creating a straight line flight path/ animation is one way of ditching out on bad start and stops of the craft, turns, etc.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
To me, it's an obvious hoax. The about-one-minute length is a giveaway of course (if they only get a minute then they won't see the strings, plus it's nearly tea time and Mum wants me to tidy my room).

If this guy has videos of different kinds of UFOs on his channel, it's a moot point.

Real UFO videos go on and on. They are boring, but fascinating too for obvious reasons. A non-hoaxers aim is to reveal as much info as is humanly possible and film for as long as possible.

Nice try, though.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

If he has this kind of footage on his you tube channel ,you can almost say that its fake.well I mean 100% fake...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join