It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians do not need to tell the world about Jesus

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

You are wrong, theres a couple times wher Jesus said that whoever we do not forgive shall not be forgiven by God and who we do forgive shall be forgiven by God.

The book of Revelations also says that the saints shall judge the world. Does Jesus judge the world? According to these 2 things he gives the task of judgement to his saints.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
reply to post by calstorm

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? Mathew 7:3

Here is the real problem. It is not telling someone about the bible and quoting scripture that is the problem. The problem lies in most Christians take a place of righteousness that only belongs to Christ. They become the judge and condemn others while they too are sinners.

I have realized that living a life fitting of Christ and pointing people to the bible is the best thing for most of us Christians to do.

Youre not supposed to hate the people but you are supposed to hate their wicked ways.

Yes we are all sinners, but we do not have to remain as such. The Holy Spirit empowers us to stop sinning if we choose to excersice that ability.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

reply to post by greyer

You have to remember each person is unique in Christ. And each person has a different gift. I do believe that if you are a Christian, there are 2 things that you should do. Be a living example of the love of Christ so that others will believe the Spirit lives in you. And second, if you are not called to spread the good news, you should at minimum encourage everyone to read the bible for themselves as you have.

The wrong part with the second one is that even if I encouraged people to read the bible themselves they may not be taught to interpret it. It is only your first thing. Living Example.

Let us not forget that if we are a living example we will be knowledgeable enough to say the word of Christ.
edit on 19-12-2011 by greyer because: Let us not forget that if we are a living example we will be knowledgeable enough to say the word of Christ.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

reply to post by greyer

You have to remember each person is unique in Christ. And each person has a different gift. I do believe that if you are a Christian, there are 2 things that you should do. Be a living example of the love of Christ so that others will believe the Spirit lives in you. And second, if you are not called to spread the good news, you should at minimum encourage everyone to read the bible for themselves as you have.

The wrong part with the second one is that even if I encouraged people to read the bible themselves they may not be taught to interpret it. It is only your first thing. Living Example.

Let us not forget that if we are a living example we will be knowledgeable enough to say the word of Christ.
edit on 19-12-2011 by greyer because: Let us not forget that if we are a living example we will be knowledgeable enough to say the word of Christ.

Actually God promises if one receives the words with faith the Holy Spirit will interpret the bible for them. It is only one that lacks faith that will not understand. The only way for anyone to lead someone to faith is by living the life that Christ calls you to live.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

You are wrong, theres a couple times wher Jesus said that whoever we do not forgive shall not be forgiven by God and who we do forgive shall be forgiven by God.

The book of Revelations also says that the saints shall judge the world. Does Jesus judge the world? According to these 2 things he gives the task of judgement to his saints.

Matthew 6:14-15 NIV
For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Matthew 18: 21-22 NIV
Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times? “Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.”

John 8:7 NIV
When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.”

Acts 7:59-60 NIV
While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” Then he fell on his knees and cried out, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” When he had said this, he fell asleep.

Romans 12:20 NIV
On the contrary: “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”

Luke 23:33-34 NIV
When they came to a place called the Skull, there they crucified him, along with the criminals – one on his right, the other on his left, Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”

The saints will not be judging anyone until the second coming of Christ.

We are only instructed to rebuke our brothers, who are those who believe in Christ. We are never told to rebuke unbelievers. We are told to forgive our enemies just as Christ forgave those who crucified him.

edit on 20-12-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

reply to post by calstorm

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? Mathew 7:3

Here is the real problem. It is not telling someone about the bible and quoting scripture that is the problem. The problem lies in most Christians take a place of righteousness that only belongs to Christ. They become the judge and condemn others while they too are sinners.

I have realized that living a life fitting of Christ and pointing people to the bible is the best thing for most of us Christians to do.

Youre not supposed to hate the people but you are supposed to hate their wicked ways.

Yes we are all sinners, but we do not have to remain as such. The Holy Spirit empowers us to stop sinning if we choose to excersice that ability.

Mathew 5:22 NIV
But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca,' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

You are correct we do not have to remain sinners if we choose to follow our guide the Holy Spirit.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Deciding the work of apostles is done is only one interpretation. As brothers in Christ you need to be willing to accept that others do not believe this work is done. We should not argue this point as it is not necessary for us to have this same interpretation. The spirit is our teacher and will call each of us according to his will. Therefore we do not need to concern ourselves with our differences, but only to love our brothers as Christ has instructed.

I completely agree. I am not hoping to deliberately change anyone. I would want to still argue over the teacher, because I think they may say they have the same teacher but they don't. I am not here to love the things in the world, especially if they don't love to me, but I am here as a witness to the word.

Originally posted by Unvarnished
reply to post by greyer

You have expressed yourself very rationally greyer, for which I implore you.

Thank you for reading, I try to be more artistic and creative than anything.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by greyer

Christ said there are only 2 commandments:

1. Love God with all your heart.

2. Love your brother as yourself.

If this were put into action and not just talked the talk by following everything written EXCEPT those 2 edicts... there would be PEACE in the world.

Yes very nice when understood in a whole Christian paradigm.

If we take the second commandment (both of them are actually paraphrased from the OT) literally as it stands, and I had to love my equal male brother as myself, then Michelle Bachmann will personally drag me to the next cold shower!

Well she might...but then you must love yourself A LOT, and OFTEN. Also I have heard it said that too much love can make you go blind. lol
edit on 20-12-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Deciding the work of apostles is done is only one interpretation. As brothers in Christ you need to be willing to accept that others do not believe this work is done. We should not argue this point as it is not necessary for us to have this same interpretation. The spirit is our teacher and will call each of us according to his will. Therefore we do not need to concern ourselves with our differences, but only to love our brothers as Christ has instructed.

Originally posted by greyer
I completely agree. I am not hoping to deliberately change anyone. I would want to still argue over the teacher, because I think they may say they have the same teacher but they don't. I am not here to love the things in the world, especially if they don't love to me, but I am here as a witness to the word.

I agree with everything you said but each of us is given different gifts in the spirit. So what might be true for you might not be true for everyone. Now I am not saying that everyone who claims to have the spirit actually has the spirit. Now the issue is to understand what comes from the Spirit and what does not.

I believe that if someone hears the spirit spoken through the mouth of another individual who is living in the way of Christ, I believe that this would be powerful. Unfortunately most who consider themselves teachers and evangelist due by their slander and judgment show that they do not understand the spirit. For the spirit calls a man to righteousness not to the things of this world.

edit on 21-12-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
reply to post by greyer

I was raised as a christian, but I no longer believe partly due to people, like some of the ones in this threaf who claim to be christians. So many christians don't realize that they turn so many people away from god because they preach and preach but but people can't see any sign of god in their life. What they do see however is quite scary.

Having been a christian I am going to try to say this in a way I hope christians can understand.
Let's say for a second that god does exist, meaning satan does too. That would make several of the so called christians in this thread "tools of satan" because they are literally driving people away from god. You are one of the first christians I have seen that would actually piss satan off, that is if you truly tried living your life according to the teachings of christ.
The rest of you don't seem to realize how many points you are earning with satan, you think you are doing gods work by sharing christ,but you are actually building a barrier between people and him
IF you truly have christ in your life then people will come to you and ask questions, if thats not happening, than maybe you should rethink who you are representing to people.
edit on 19-12-2011 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

I think it is true they are tools of the devil. I am guessing the devil thrives on ignorance and brian waves of negative energy. It is easy for us to divide what is good and bad in life because it is simply what human want, you cannot say that a person wants to do bad and another human thinks that it is bad, what that person does will not be good even though it is what he or she wants because another human thought it was bad. If you retreat to a mountain side for a period of days then there will be nobody in sight to distinguish if what you are thinking/doing is good or bad. So I think since the world has been taught by the world it will be lost in ignorance as it is, with a couple flowers rising amung the blades of grass. Imagine, if we think of a force named Satan who is watching over us you cannot have it. Jesus was a jew, very strict follower of the bible since his young age, the bible talking about one Creator of the universe, such a power which created all things in the universe and sends the breath of life in manifestation down to earth. There seems to be as much negative in reality as there is positive, and we can walk down so many different paths with those different aspects. Reality is spiritual, so yes there is evil forces and there may be some evil person you will have to account to under those poor circumstances but I don't believe it. I believe the one thing we are going to have to account to after life is God and it creates a lot of fear in me. That I think I know but all the things about evil I do not know, I don't have any feelings about it. Though, I think the possession of Anneliese Michel is bold evidence that supports souls can work for an evil force...maybe the reason why I don't believe it is because I want to stay away from it...they say keep your enemies close but that is crazy if I thought the moment I step out of the door I am in a spiritual war...then I realize that I was during the time of writing this without even knowing it...which means I have lost without even knowing it...until it's too late...
edit on 21-12-2011 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I agree with everything you said but each of us is given different gifts in the spirit. So what might be true for you might not be true for everyone. Now I am not saying that everyone who claims to have the spirit actually has the spirit. Now the issue is to understand what comes from the Spirit and what does not.

I believe that if someone hears the spirit spoken through the mouth of another individual who is living in the way of Christ, I believe that this would be powerful. Unfortunately most who consider themselves teachers and evangelist due by their slander and judgment show that they do not understand the spirit. For the spirit calls a man to righteousness not to the things of this world.

I know, writing in this thread doesn't make me feel like any of my writing is true. A seed from the expression...

Just hours after my last post, and my life has changed. I don't know what it is, but something has shown me what love is, but it was not attained, it is like looking at love in inside of a shop glass window. I got carried away in my emotions, but thanks to sharing this my mind has relaxed and regained composure.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

For the spirit calls a man to righteousness not to the things of this world.

How can one be righteous without showing it by example in this world?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

For the spirit calls a man to righteousness not to the things of this world.

How can one be righteous without showing it by example in this world?

If I have my eyes and heart set on Heavenly things, then Heaven is where I belong. If I have faith and a willingness to follow the will of my father, by the power of the Holy Spirit, than I no longer belong to this world. The only thing left in this world for me is to lead my brothers down the path that God wants all of us to go down.

There are far too many worldly examples of those who consider themselves righteous. Since only God is righteous if I do only the will of my father I will be an example of righteousness. God’s will is righteous and the Holy Spirit instructs us how to follow it so that we may become like our father. It is when we become like our father that the light of our father can shine through us.

edit on 21-12-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Here are some bible verses about Evangelism and why if you know the truth you should share it. Again I caution you as one of the verses below cautions, not all who claim to be teachers of the truth are teaching the truth. Any lesson taught you by a teacher can be confirmed or refuted by the bible. You should always return to the source before you believe anything that is new.

1 Peter 3:15
But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect.

2 Timothy 2:15
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

2 Timothy 4:3-5
3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 5 But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join