It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perry officially 'retires' to draw almost $100,000 extra income

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

DALLAS - There was a surprise in campaign finance documents filed Friday by Governor Rick Perry, who's campaigning for president in Iowa.

He's retired.

Although Perry is governor until 2015, the records show he officially retired in January to draw nearly $100,000 more a year in pension pay along with his salary.

www.wfaa.com...

What an underhanded move. Not that he had much credibility with me in the first place, but this was just wrong. He will be eaten alive for this move, no doubt.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Just like the FED and bankers got eaten alive... oh wait

He will most likely get away with it because he is rich and powerful, that's how it works.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
it seems that every thing is going in Ron Paul's favor , isn't this strange ?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

How can he retire and still be the Governor? Is that possible?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Perry is the smartest republican candidate of all of them.

He is working very hard to make sure he doesn't win the nomination... He must have awakened at some point to how bad things really are, and to the many looming economic disasters, debt crisis, deficits, foreign conflicts, rising domestic unemployment and much more stuff and, thought to himself... Wait a minute, I really don't want this job, I need to start screwing up, big time, in the debates and everywhere I can, I gotta get out of this somehow while still spending the campaign funds....

Brilliant guy.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nephalim

Normally no. Normally public employees who retire then go back to work get their pension frozen and their "years of service" stops accruing. Not sure how he got around it, but there ya go.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Personally I don't believe he wants to be the President. It was said that he was hand picked by the Bilderburgs a few years back. Being a smart politically he wouldn't simply say no. But there is nothing to stop him from fumbling the ball.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Now he can finally buy a golden doll house and laugh at you 99%ers as he always wante-....

100,000$?!?!?!?! His pension is freaking 100,000?! Holy f-!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
he wouldn't simply say no. But there is nothing to stop him from fumbling the ball.

Fumbling the ball is the only way out, once you've officially thrown your hat in, and accepted campaign funds.

Perry went from leader of the pack, to WTF? in record time!

He will do well for himself when this is over, and he can walk away the winningest loser ever.

Best selling book and tour, highly paid public appearances etc.

Getting out of this, had to look a heck of a lot better than REALLY trying to win it.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DoctorSatan

Per year, yeah.. crazy, right?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nephalim

It's not a literal retirement.

Texas has what it calls the Rule of 80, which basically makes someone eligible for benefits when their combined age & military and/or state service years equals or exceeds 80.

60 is the minimum age, so then all one needs is 20 years of combined military and/or state service in order to qualify

While I agree with his statement that it doesn't make sense not to take what you've rightfully earned. I also don't think it will bode well for his campaign platform of being an 'outsider' who plans to cut spending, overhaul Social Security and cut Congressional salaries / staff in half.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Just another wealthy politician that wants to get even wealthier. This does not, however, hold the light to Romney--a man so rich it's laughable.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Thanks for this thread, Op.

Why we're seeing more and more of the rich and powerful retiring is getting suspicious. It'll be interesting to see who's next up. Do they know something that we don't? Seeing as talk has been thrown around about raising the retirement age, maybe they're taking what they can before the "little guy" gets screwed. Canada just announced that they raised the retirement age, so I don't believe America is too far from breaking the same news. These folks are in the ideal spot for insider information and know that they need to act now if they are to collect their entire pension and retirement before it is set in stone and they'd only be able to collect a certain percentage.

Just my two cents though.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

While I agree with his statement that it doesn't make sense not to take what you've rightfully earned. I also don't think it will bode well for his campaign platform of being an 'outsider' who plans to cut spending, overhaul Social Security and cut Congressional salaries / staff in half.

I'll bet you $10,000 he has no regrets about this or other things that will not "bode well for his campaign".

Also, I believe he should be nominated.

For an Oscar, as best actor in politics for his performance here...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

OOPS !!!

gota love stewart

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

Which was better, the "oops" or the grin that came after?

new topics

top topics

join