It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creating your own reality: Part 1: General Philosophy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I've been meaning to write a series of threads like this for a while but due to quite a few issues with accommodation I decided to postpone it for a while. Now I have a new flat and my own space I thought I'd have a crack at it but in bitesize chunks. The main objective of these threads is to encourage people to not only realise some of the potential in all of us, but to perhaps inspire at least one person to shape their 'reality' to something more fitting to themselves. 'Charity starts at home' as the famous expression goes. Here's part one, general philosophy. Part 2 will focus primarily on practicality.

Now before we get to the sweet stuff in part 2 we need to start with the basics. When you are born the world is a very confusing place and your perception is similar to a camera in the sense that it has to focus onto the world around it. Perception is a major part of your own reality, we fine tune this tool as we grow up by exploring, touching, tasting, feeling, smelling and seeing things building up our own version of reality and sense of time as we get older. The way we think and process emotions is the next major step in creating our own realities. We all share the same reality and experience it conjunctively but we all have our own 'account of reality'. It is fine tuning this own sense of reality much like we did as we were growing up that empowers us in day to day life.

The problem is that as we get older it gets harder and harder to fine tune this machine. On top of that there are certain powers that do not want you to manipulate your own reality for personal gain but would rather take matters into their own hands and manipulate YOUR reality to make money. Now this is bad but it is a whole other can of worms..

The purpose of these threads is to hopefully encourage some of you folks at ATS to take matters into your own hands and tailor your own realities in a sense that will empower you and improve the quality of your life merely by the way you perceive it. You don't always have to change something in your life, buy something new, eat this or that or do whatever to achieve personal nirvana and peace of mind in your life. A lot of the time we can't fix the problems around us and this can be an enormous weight on our shoulders. We can be left feeling powerless to help not only the people around us but also ourselves. You shouldn't feel powerless, we all have an amazing amount of potential and in this series of threads I hope to help people achieve at least some of this potential.

Part 2 will focus primarily on practicality of this general philosophy and how it can be used in day to day life. In it I aim to discuss the following:
- How you can alter the emotional effect of negative influences in your life, Bettering the emotional quality of your day to day life.
- How you can use this skill to shape your perception/reality and empower yourself to make great change in your life such as stopping substance misuse such as alcohol or tobacco, changing your diet or starting to exercise or whatever you want!

Its your reality! If you are interested in part 2 please either say so in this thread or PM me and I will PM you the link when I have finished it.

Peace.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
A thread to look forward too! S&F as kudos!
I'm willing to participate in providing my experience as I've reached yet another crossroad in my life. So this thread is right on time for that extra encouragement & through that, hopefully, an encouragement for others.

The past few months I've made radical changes in lifestyle. I've been smoking pot for 7 straight years, since July, I've quit that. I've also quit drinking for the last couple of months, not even touching a beer! These are things I never imagined possible but I've come so far anyway and I'm very proud about these accomplishments. I'm also not ashamed to write this all down. I think being honest to the world about it is an important factor in overcoming these addictions, so don't judge!
My next step will be to quit smoking tobacco.

All these things have kept me from reaching my true potential. And that potential and acknowledging it is what finally helped me to overcome all these bad things. You don't have to change your ways for others, you have to do it for yourself. Only then can you mean something more for others. Because if you don't put energy in your own life first, you won't be able to bring anything positive in other people's lives. Sure, you can do it, but you won't be able to maintain it on the long term (I've been there, sadly). I am now on the verge of finding a new job. Once I manage that I'll be able to once again support my life-standard, live healthy & with that renewed energy develop my musical talent in playing classical piano, composing music & all those things I truly love but neglected and nearly destroyed by abusing above mentioned substances.

So all in all, what I'm trying to say is that I've been working on altering my own reality since the past half year and slowly building a new life for myself. The amount of energy I feel lately is overwhelming and a joy to experience again. For years I was caught in a web, seemingly unable to get out. Until I realised I created that web. I altered my reality into a pile of junk. And now I'm on the verge of altering it into a piece of heaven

I'm keeping an eye on this thread and looking forward to part two. Peace to everyone.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Staafke
A thread to look forward too! S&F as kudos!
I'm willing to participate in providing my experience as I've reached yet another crossroad in my life. So this thread is right on time for that extra encouragement & through that, hopefully, an encouragement for others.

The past few months I've made radical changes in lifestyle. I've been smoking pot for 7 straight years, since July, I've quit that. I've also quit drinking for the last couple of months, not even touching a beer! These are things I never imagined possible but I've come so far anyway and I'm very proud about these accomplishments. I'm also not ashamed to write this all down. I think being honest to the world about it is an important factor in overcoming these addictions, so don't judge!
My next step will be to quit smoking tobacco.

All these things have kept me from reaching my true potential. And that potential and acknowledging it is what finally helped me to overcome all these bad things. You don't have to change your ways for others, you have to do it for yourself. Only then can you mean something more for others. Because if you don't put energy in your own life first, you won't be able to bring anything positive in other people's lives. Sure, you can do it, but you won't be able to maintain it on the long term (I've been there, sadly). I am now on the verge of finding a new job. Once I manage that I'll be able to once again support my life-standard, live healthy & with that renewed energy develop my musical talent in playing classical piano, composing music & all those things I truly love but neglected and nearly destroyed by abusing above mentioned substances.

So all in all, what I'm trying to say is that I've been working on altering my own reality since the past half year and slowly building a new life for myself. The amount of energy I feel lately is overwhelming and a joy to experience again. For years I was caught in a web, seemingly unable to get out. Until I realised I created that web. I altered my reality into a pile of junk. And now I'm on the verge of altering it into a piece of heaven

I'm keeping an eye on this thread and looking forward to part two. Peace to everyone.

It was very satisfying reading your reply! Its great to see people who have faith in their own abilities and potential. Keep it up! I shall start writing part 2 within a week, as I've just moved home I'm very busy at the moment.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

The way we think and process emotions is the next major step in creating our own realities. We all share the same reality and experience it conjunctively but we all have our own 'account of reality'. It is fine tuning this own sense of reality much like we did as we were growing up that empowers us in day to day life.

The problem is that as we get older it gets harder and harder to fine tune this machine. On top of that there are certain powers that do not want you to manipulate your own reality for personal gain but would rather take matters into their own hands and manipulate YOUR reality to make money.

Talk about a timely thread. I've got 3 different things going on in my life right now that are pulling me in 4 different directions.

The part of your thread that I pulled out is the most interesting to me. You say that as we get older it gets harder to fine tune our emotions; it gets harder to keep a rein on them in other words. That's the way I took that at least. I have to agree with you on that point because, I believe, as we get older we have more people around us, influencing us, and keeping us away from our instincts that we had as children. This is perhaps why so many people are at odds with what they feel and end up not doing what their instincts tell them.

Sometimes thinking things through is a good thing, but sometimes it's not. When it comes to my emotions, I've found that my instincts are usually right. This is because I try to live my life with as open a mind as possible without the influence or opinions of others weighing too heavily on me. But you're right, as we get older, it comes kinda hard. Very seldom will you find an adult who doesn't have this kind of issue to deal with because they've always been able to keep people at a distance. It's an enviable trait that I wish I could've held onto longer when I was younger, but I just didn't have the strength to be that alone for that long. Finding people like that is like finding a piece of silver in the garbage dump. Your heart skips a beat, you wonder why it took you so long to find it, you wonder why no one else found it first, and you gravitate towards it.

youtu.be...

By all means, PM me when you get the next one done. You have good points to make and are very articulate at getting them across. YOU got the silver too buddy

edit on 18-12-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: Clarity

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Not trying to be rude or "negative" at all but, it seems you just said A WHOLE LOT without saying much of anything at all.
I am really trying to figure out what you're trying to get across here that can't be said in a single sentence.

"You can alter/change your reality"

Fine point but worthy of an entire thread?

I would agree with you but the trick is actually going about it and seeing the results within your lifetime.
Maybe "Part Two" will be the answer to all my questions.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Not meaning to speak for the OP, but you're not being rude or negative, just very pragmatic.

I've noticed over the course of time by being here though, that that's just you. And half the time you're spot on with what you say because it is so pragmatic. This is what this forum needs sometimes, posts from people like you that are short and to the point.

Some people though need more detail as to how to go about these sorts of things. I can alter my reality right now by quitting smoking, but what's the best way to do that? Some people need more than "Just do it" all the time.

There are times when that's the best way to go about things, I'll admit, but not all the time. Sometimes you have to think things through to get things accomplished.

I hope I didn't say too much without saying anything at all.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
What a horible conclusion I have come to after reading this thread.

Was my generation the last one that knew how to play?

Were we the last to develope our imaginations to the point that we were cowgirls on horses one day and the next day we were hunting invisable German subs.

We built huge forts, tall sailing ships and anything else we needed for our reality of the hour.

Of course the most fun for me was inventing the people around me to add spice and excietment and sometimes danger to my day.

I believe that was called, playing.

Untill the introduction of the transister radio we only imagined our props.

How sad now to see children having their realities created for them by machines and usually right in their own bedroom.
Very, very sad.

A young boy came to visit with his mom a few nights ago.
As he walked into my home his eyes got bigger and bigger.
He asked if he could walk all round in my house and he took off on an adventure.

He was amazed and told me my home was like a fantasy land.
He had never seen a whole room filled with books and handmade art.

When I turned the light on in the big old globe he and I took off for a tour of the world in a small plane we invented in our heads.

The small boy with too much energy was quiet for over an hour as he sat on the rug after I left the room.

When he rejoined his mother and me he said he was tired and ready for bed.
She was shocked.

My playing has become a bit more adventuresome.
When the boy visits tonight we may take a tour in search of aliens aboard our space ship.

Throw down your devices and take out your mind.
You can make your own reality.
It's fun.

Now go play.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Not trying to be rude or "negative" at all but, it seems you just said A WHOLE LOT without saying much of anything at all.
I am really trying to figure out what you're trying to get across here that can't be said in a single sentence.

"You can alter/change your reality"

Fine point but worthy of an entire thread?

I would agree with you but the trick is actually going about it and seeing the results within your lifetime.
Maybe "Part Two" will be the answer to all my questions.

Some people don't understand things properly with one sentence so repeated messages but in different contexts and with more in depth explanations can help.

I'll PM you the link to part 2 when its finished. I wanted to get people thinking about this ability first before they attempt practicality, this topic is not something that can be summed up in 1 thread and I haven't even attempted to fully summarise or conclude the topic as that would be impossible.

Sorry if it wasn't worth an entire thread for you but it might have been for others.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Hey, Part 1 was great
s+f

Give me a heads up for the next part, i think this is what ive been looking for =]

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I think you can create YOUR own reality but not if it defeats the object of being here in the first place. Also it would need to be part of your experience chosen for the incarnation. For example if you didn't plan on getting rich for that incarnation then all the reality creating in the world won't do anything.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Can't wait for pt. 2 (:

secondd

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
People create their own reality all the time...just as you cannot find happiness, you have to create it.

Reality like happiness is not a tangible object that can be quantified by any rule of measure...it is the cross mesh of the brains ability to see beyond what it there. In true terms.......you live within a reality created by you, within a truthful reality that exists. We exist in a solid based reality.......but our minds are capable of tweaking said reality to our liking.....crazy people do it all the time.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
looking forward to part2
thanks techunique

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
You can alter/create your own reality yes, but as long that it stays in harmony with you. Everything you think, vision, believe, you attract it towards you as long as it is in harmony.

Example: you dream of winning a million dollar, but at the same time, you think about the debts you have. The first thought is canceled with the second one (law of attraction).

before creating your reality, try to understand your own emotions, instead of letting your emotions drive you. Be a balance being, then you can focus on changing what you don't like in your life.

The light is within you my dear companion. don't think about it, instead feel it. (there is no spoon right)

understand things in a different way... think out of the box. get out of the system... let it go... it is not worth it.

Namaste

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Here is part 2 introduction to practicality. Hope you enjoy.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Ignore my last post the thread is actually here.

new topics

top topics

join