It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chat Voyeur in Firefox

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I remember that the chat system used to not work with Firefox until a few weeks ago. I remember a thread saying that the bug had been fixed, and I even joined a few times. Now, it's not working again

Is this a problem on my end or is this a known issue?

I'm up to date on my browser software, so it's not an update. I normally have scripts turned off but I allow them temporarily to get into the chat. This does not work for me.

Looking forward to some feedback.

Cheers

edit on 18-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I don't think chat voyeur, or chat in general for that matter, works for anyone at the moment. When I try to get into chat voyeur, I'm greeted with a message that says, "Server closed. Chat is temporarily closed due to reports of abuse." It's been like this for several weeks now actually.

ETA: That's funny. I just went to go into chat to see if that works, and, low and behold, it does! So, just disregard what I said up there. I wonder why chat voyeur, but not chat would be closed for abuse reasons? I mean, with chat voyeur, you can't say anything to those in the chat!
edit on 18/12/2011 by octotom because: Added second paragraph

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Thank you, I don't even get that message.

I'm too stubborn to try a different browser, but I will right now just to see what happens.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

I just got into chat using IE. There were other people in the chat room as well. Maybe it was just opened again.

Still no luck with FF though.
edit on 18-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Chat was only down for a couple of days due to the "abuse" issue, then we got a shiny new style chat room. The chat voyeur function however is now removed completely so I assume that link will be removed at some point

Not sure about firefox access as I switched to chrome a while back

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Thanks for the feedback

I can get in using other browsers. It looks like that's my only option. It was working fine a few weeks ago after the chat update. Perhaps it's one of my settings. I'm curious is any other FF users are having the same issue as I am.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

What Firefox version are you using?

I just tried with 9.0 and it didn't work, it gave a Javascript error, saying that my browser didn't had Javascript, although it has.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Weird...

I checked mine with FF9 and it was fine.

Is your java up to date? I believe the current one is update 30.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I have 8.0 and it says I'm up to date.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Here's how i get in from FireFox..

Open IE browser and then open chat..

close down IE all together(chat too) and then go back to FF..

go to ATS and then open chat..

works every time...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Just tested chat on FF9 (linux x64 and java browser plugin) and it works fine. When you connect you should see a dialog from Java asking if you allow the applet to be run. I would guess if you don't see that it is a Java problem. I have Java update 24 here which seems to work fine. Good luck.
edit on 19/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

top topics

join