It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Beat USA in Olympics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
According to a "number-crunching Iranian official" the Iranians beat the USA in the medal count.

"Iran won one medal for every 6.2 athletes sent to Athens, while the United States won one medal for 13.8 athletes," the head of Iran's Physical Education Organisation Mohsen Mehralizadeh told the Etemad newspaper.

www.iol.co.za...

Sounds like their media pushes propaganda just as much as ours.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Superficially they are right and obviously know how to lie with statistics. However as we all know you can't just send athletes to the Olympics they actually have to Qualify for it . Otherwise Rwanda could send 10 non-swimming athletes to aprticipate in all the swimming events (just a joke - I am sure Rwanda has many swimmers).So in effect the USA beat Iran long before the Olympics even started by having more qualifiers for the Olympics. And once they are their it all evens out - the "best" of all the countries competing against each other.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Yes you have to be good enough to qualify, but that does not get you a medal.

To win a medal you must beat ALL the other qualifiers.

If one country has a hundred qualifiers and wins only one medal, and another country has only one qualifier, and he/she wins two medals It is quite obvious which performance would be the most impressive.

Statistics aside, a gold medal means you are the best athlete, and you beat everyone else.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Uhm....the U.S. took first place in the medal count with around 102 i believe...Iran wasn't even close.

Another reason these idiots deserve to be taken out..lol...

(JUST KIDDING..don't think I'm a racist U.S.ian) haha..

-wD

(or maybe I'm not...
)

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join