It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA SP-368 : The Search for Magic Mountain

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

If it can be bought, it is for consumers.

www.amazon.com...

May as well just download it.

NASA SP-368 PDF (NASA version)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibborium
reply to post by spikey

The number is A15/AS15-86 and you can click it to be directed to the photo.

Thank you Gibborium, very good of you.

Cheers.

ETA: Ahh...typed before i clicked...i meant the one with the LEM in Lunar orbit, but thanks again anyway.
edit on 20/12/2011 by spikey because: Added info

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I'll take your lack of a reply, as indication you don't know.

(thought you knew everything, but hey ho)

Sorry, I didn't know whether that was directed to me or Sayanara! I'm not 100% positive, but I think the photo reproduced on the NASA version of the publication is a slightly cropped version of AS11-44-6642:

www.hq.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Thank you DJW001, very much.

Could be the one, the surface features look different, but that may just be the contrast/colour being different.

The LEM looks to be the same angle though, i'll have a look over at your link.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

What kind of scientist or engineer doesn't question data? Answer, a bad one. By the way - who elected you to speak for all the scientists and engineers for 50 years?

Perhaps I need to clarify the idiom for you; if someone finds data that disagrees with reality, they consider it "questionable data." No doctor or engineer has ever stepped forward and said "this data is highly questionable." Why do your arguments always seem to turn on typographical errors and fine points of grammar and spelling? And I'm not "speaking for" anyone, I am merely observing that no-one who has actually read and understood the document has found anything wrong with it.

Can't you argue the point here without subjecting us to obnoxious logical fallacies? Your APPEAL TO AUTHORITY is exactly what I'm talking about. And you know it.

Appeal to authority is perfectly legitimate when the subject under discussion is beyond the expertise of the parties who are debating an issue. If we were discussing how to repair your automobile, which we will assume you value, would you blindly go with some random person's opinion, or would you seek out a repair manual written by an AUTHORITY?
edit on 20-12-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saint Exupery

So, after the shellacking you got here, you chose not to reconsider whether or not your "theory" was foolish, but rather to spam the exact same post again in a different thread, hoping for a different result?

Ha! How many coats of shellac are really needed?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

Hey would you care to at least to discuss SP-368? Or the evidence which clearly proves that Astronaut Michael Collins wasn't telling his flight surgeon about a serious condition that could have jeopardized the A11 mission? What else could Michael Collins cover up? Care to discuss the optical illusion of Magic Mountain on the cover? Care to discuss the credentials of the mysterious "Vita West"? Can you try harder and dig deeper?

Remember what appears above your comment box buddy... it says...

You are an experienced contributor to ATS. Please be an example for our newer members and make every post matter.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

I think then that the next question is Who is Vita West?

I don't know and I don't care. Thirty six years ago she worked at Bio-Technology, Inc. It's a very small consulting firm located in Falls Church, Virginia. Here's their phone number: 703-534-8200. Why don't you phone them and ask them yourself?

Funny guy. The number you dialed is not in service.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter
reply to post by Frira

Hey would you care to at least to discuss SP-368? Or the evidence which clearly proves that Astronaut Michael Collins wasn't telling his flight surgeon about a serious condition that could have jeopardized the A11 mission? What else could Michael Collins cover up? Care to discuss the optical illusion of Magic Mountain on the cover? Care to discuss the credentials of the mysterious "Vita West"? Can you try harder and dig deeper?

Remember what appears above your comment box buddy... it says...

You are an experienced contributor to ATS. Please be an example for our newer members and make every post matter.

You are brand-spanking new, and I never noticed that until now.

I'm an "experienced contributor" huh? I thought I didn't have to "play nice" until I got bronze. I don't get paid for this you know. Well... alright then, I'll give it a shot.

-------
I remember the astro-mice experiment-- where they prepared some mice that flew aboard one of the Apollo missions. Each had little helmets which had particle detectors, and after the mission, they were dissected to look for lesions caused by cosmic ray particles. What was surprising is that the brains had less damage than, say, the inner ear, eyes, and other tissues. Not what they were expecting.

They suggested doing it again on a future mission but not providing so much shielding so as to get more results.

If faking a report, one would anticipate that the data found would be within calculated expectations. These were not. Surprises like that might be too easy to prove as being false; and if you are writing fiction-- you don't introduce unnecessary variations which would call it into suspicion. That is the sort of subtle evidence of accuracy and integrity one finds while going through the reports.

-------
As for Collins and his bends. Raise your hand if you would "call in sick" on the one and only chance you have to participate in one of the most historic accomplishments of mankind?

I see no hands raised.

Yes, the bends can cause death-- in the extreme. He knew what it was, what caused it and that it was manageable. It would be pain and perhaps a bit of impaired movement. Enough to get him kicked off the mission, but not enough that he could not perform the mission. He knew the rules and he knew the risks. He made the right decision.

Ask Ken Mattingly if he would agree with Michael Collins' judgment.

-------

As for "try harder and dig deeper." An appropriate Texism answers that well: "Son, you're suck'n hind teat."

So, as this "experienced contributor's" gift to you: Read with understanding and look for who talks out of their donkey, and who talks out of familiarity with wisdom, study and learning; and do that before you make accusations as to who is ignorant and who is not.

Those that know more than I know have posted to you already and collected lots of stars because they teach when they disagree-- they teach about why they disagree-- rather than vomit through the keyboard. They are spending time and effort on you to help show you how to reason and research-- not to mislead you.

edit on 21-12-2011 by Frira because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Frira

Thanks for your good input regarding SP-368. That is all I expected from this thread. But my purpose here has nothing in common with those users of ATS who have "collected lots of stars".

Please feel free to contribute your thoughts about SP-368 because that is what this thread is all about!

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

edit on 6/21/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
My theory - artistic license.

But I doubt my post means anything here, after pages of people whacking each other.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join