It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Egypt Protest Video - The Most Terrible Thing I Have Viewed In My Life, Litterally

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Indeed.

Anyone who doesn't feel any emotion watching this, try this: Imagine that women was your wife or girlfriend who you had know for years, and you were one of the guys trying to drag her into the safe zone. Imagine getting beaten to death while your loved one is getting jumped and stomped on, and there is absolutely nothing you can do to help her or yourself. Your last movements are pure agony as all your dreams and hopes in this world become an impossibility as your fellow man, a distant brother, tramples on your face.

Now, you probably just read that and thought "yeah yeah.. it's pretty messed up"

NO

Actually visualize that women to be the women in your life who you love the most, maybe your sister or niece instead instead of a soul mate.

See it through their eyes, hear it, feel it. See your loved ones face on the women instead of a stranger. While doing that, imagine you are actually dying, forget about any plans you have. REALLY force yourself to BE there.

That's what I like to call: empathy. I know it is not a fun exercise but it what makes us human.
edit on 18-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I think that those are not military in the video....some have sneakers on and behave like rioters. Throwing objects at random people....so they have expensive riot gear but no decent boots or training...they remind me of the police in robocop3 that were recruited from the jails...here is some gear and guns and sticks....go get em! Mercinary world force...any odd fool will do...

this was already discussed here;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by txhutos

No duh there are story is on CNN in general. I said the homepage.

edit: I am sorry, if you were just posting that to share the information in the article I apologize.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Reminds me of the kind of people who run a slaughterhouse.

Seems they are just programmed to think their fellow humans are actually sheep.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
"Among those killed in the escalating violence in central Cairo were two children, ages 12 and 14, and two others died from skull fractures caused by cement blocks,"

12 and 14?

no words

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

I,m unable to watch videos like this because i empathise to the point of horror.
I agree with your tactics Cream, if everyone on the planet were able to empathise, atrocities like these would not exist.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by newyorkee

during any protest or riot, the military or the riot police has two types of troops involved, ones in riot gear, the others in civilian clothes mingled amongs the people protesting.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
What´s even more sad, is that some people still believe in God, after seeing something like this.

That is just unresponsible, everyone need to know that the only one that can save us is ourselves, and it will not happen by sitting on your thumbs.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stomping on a human face -- forever."
-- George Orwell

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

I did try to visualize that my mother or any other female I was close to in there. Still didn't elicit an emotional response.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I am appalled and I am numb. How can any leader of any country be proud of their police/military when they head out and murder their own?

The attackers may have authority but surely not to kill. They should be charged and tried for murder - they started and did not stop. I felt helpless and I am sure the two people being battered felt nothing but pain and their friends and family would have felt helpless as well.

I watched even though I did not really want to as I knew I would empathise - I thought of Rodney King only there were so many more - I wonder if the Egyptian people will riot at the death of their own?

God help us because I am sure we are past the point of no return. Some posters say they have seen worse well so have I but I do not scale murder - murder is murder and it is always wrong. When do we get to the part of our journey where we accept help to make all the wrongs right - are we close - I hope so.

Much Peace...to the Victims and the Egyptian people...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Yes they wanted change but thats not the change they were seeking.

Whats happening in Egypt is exactly what those behind the "revolution" wanted in the first place......next step.....civil war. Civil war will come to all Northern African nations including all Arab nations in the Middle East. Thats the plan and it's all going accordingly to plan but not quickly enough. They are afew months behind scedule but that will be ramped up by the last quarter of 2012.

So few of us knew what was coming and who was behind the Egyptian fake revolution right from day one. Now that people are slowly waking up, it's pretty much almost too late to do anything about it in the Middle East and if you Americans and Europeans don't wake up by 2012, you too will lay in your own shlep.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

If those scenes did'nt hint any emotional response in you even if you visualized it could had been your mother or your sister then I would bet on it you lack empathy in women as if they are just a piece of meat.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by daaskapital

Yes they wanted change but thats not the change they were seeking.

Whats happening in Egypt is exactly what those behind the "revolution" wanted in the first place......next step.....civil war. Civil war will come to all Northern African nations including all Arab nations in the Middle East. Thats the plan and it's all going accordingly to plan but not quickly enough. They are afew months behind scedule but that will be ramped up by the last quarter of 2012.

So few of us knew what was coming and who was behind the Egyptian fake revolution right from day one. Now that people are slowly waking up, it's pretty much almost too late to do anything about it in the Middle East and if you Americans and Europeans don't wake up by 2012, you too will lay in your own shlep.

Hey mate i agree. I knew the revolution was somewhat staged, as was the Libyan one and all the other uprisings in the ME.Oh, and btw mate, i am an Aussie, remember the talk we had on that other thread last month

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I think a lot of people get real life violence confused with movie violence, and too many are numb to movie violene and death- it's not a movie.

When I watch something like that, I think what if it were ME - what if I'd gotten myself into a situation trying to do what I felt was right and good and what if people were killing me for it? For some reason, I seem to connect with that as if it were a memory. And then I consider it from the perspective of a God and that person was one of my favorites. I wish a daze on the victims and I look to see who's responsible because I plan to hold them accountable.

Then I pity them too. It's just really messed up- but it's birth pains. I just hope that soon it is over and something wonderful comes of the sacrifice.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
What´s even more sad, is that some people still believe in God, after seeing something like this.

How do you go from people doing evil things to ... there is no God?
Because He made people to be fallible .. or because He allows evil to happen and doesn't step in ...
or what??

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by NeoVain

.. or because He allows evil to happen and doesn't step in ...

pretty much this

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
All they want is to be free and to have an uncorrupted government with honest elections. You would think this is what their police want too, their military. We have such polar opposties in humanity, so many beautiful people and so many evil people. I hope beauty never gives up.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
That was heartbreaking and tragic, I imagine this is going to replay and has replayed a thousand times over in the many countries caught up in the revolutions,

www.infowars.com...

www.movements.org...

Medvedev sees `fires for decades' in Arab world
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I was part of the Egyptian uprising from day one. We had a command post and ferried information from one group to another via various means...when one way got cut off we'd go in a different way. I participated in this effort because my Egyptian friend assured me that Egyptians wanted to be free....that they would NEVER elect an Islamic government, that they were too educated, too progressive....I was heartened by the videos showing Muslims protecting praying Copts and vice versa.. And, so I helped camping out for days on end little sleep, non stop jockeying to ferry information.

Then, came elections.

Then, i told my friend Egypt was on their own, that I would not in any way shape or form use my energy to create another theocrazy. Yes, the most educated people in Africa (they have the highest rate of literacy and college degrees due to earlier policy which granted free education, even farmers have college degrees, and most of them speak at least some English and many are fluent...) If educated people are still stupid enough to create a theocrazy after the examples of what theocrazies do to a country, the people, the freedoms, then I have lost hope.

This video is horrible....and yet the army is not going to give in now..the elections proved that the people are basically stupid despite their education and after the vote results there is no way the army will step down...stupid people deserve harsh treatment by the government? Well, no of course not, but the end result of stupidity is worse...with an Islamic government the rhetoric will get out of hand...way out of hand. The freedoms of the people will be eroded bit by bit until the streets of Cairo look like the streets of Saudi Arabia. The Copts will suffer even more than they do already. I think that the Egyptian people have only themselves to blame for this...do you really think that the Army would resist a fairly elected secular government? The Muslim Brotherhood has been waiting....civil war is likely now...but it will be between secular and religious forces.

Who would go to Egypt under a theocrazy? NOT ME....just as I would not go to Saudi or Iran. I have no wish to give my tourist dollars to countries that support this lunacy,.

I am not surprised at this violence...but the Arny will never step down to a theocrazy...it simply is what it is. The examples of Iran should have been enough to caution Egyptians to keep their (insert cuss words) religion in the home and in the mosque and to not seek to impose it upon others.

Xians in the U.S. do the same thing and if not for our secular government that keeps religions at bay, we too would be facing similar issues...can you imagine xians marching for the death penalty for gays? Look around, you will find how many American xians feel that way...if they could do so, xians would be doing the same things here. IF THEY COULD they would impose their draconian fantasy island god and his vile Love Me or DIE ways upon the rest of us.

I empathize with the people, surely I do, as that is a horrid way to die, but ultimately the people are responsible...their own rigidity and religious superstitions have created this...a blind man could have seen this coming once the election results started coming in. Another activist asked met to help some more and got angry when I told him, no way, no how...would I aid and abet another theocrazy...he got mad...IT IS OUR RIGHT...yes sir, it is...enjoy it...and it is MY RIGHT to refuse to support or cooperate in building a theocrazy,.

Religions are the cancer that is killing the world.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

This is the worst thing most of you have seen in your lifetimes?

You better hope to whatever your divine being (or just hope if you prefer) that WAR never reaches your country.

That little video clip is nothing, as compared to what I've seen done and what I've shamefully done in the name of freedom and duty.

Regretfully,
Me

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join