It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Egypt Protest Video - The Most Terrible Thing I Have Viewed In My Life, Litterally

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dionisius
but I find myself strongly disagreeing in your belief that this can only be done through Jesus Christ.

Never, not once, in any post that have ever made have I ever said this can be done ONLY through Jesus Christ.

If you are Buddhist, do it because it was the way of the Buddha.

I just happened to be talking to a Brother who worships Jesus at the time of the post.

What ever lamp you follow through the night, light it!

With Love,

Your Brother

edit on 21-12-2011 by IAMIAM because: Because I am NOT Christian, I AM.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

The only way to kill a message is to worship the messenger.
reply to post by korathin

It is ok to worship the messenger when the messenger IS GOD HIMSELF !

Which is greater? The message or the messenger? Why speak only of the messenger and ignore the message?
Jesus Christ IS BOTH THE MESSAGE AND THE MESSENGER.

Peace be with you friend.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dionisius

and to my understanding of Christianity, Jesus Christ did not create Nature, therefore in your religion he is just Gods messenger, not the saviour, or the son of God, but the simple messenger who deserves none of your praise and devotion because he was simply spreading a message of peace and love towards fellow man and more importantly towards nature.
Unfortunately my friend - your understanding of Christianity is absolutely wrong. Jesus Christ (whom Christianity is about) emphatically states over and over again that He Himself IS GOD and through Him, for Him and by Him (Jesus) all of creation was made. Jesus Christ created everything - including nature (and the laws that govern nature) and He repeatedly states that He (Jesus) IS THE SAVIOUR OF ALL MANKIND.

Therefore - Jesus Christ deserves ALL OF OUR PRAISE AND DEVOTION !!!!!!

I am not sure how your "understanding of Christianity" came about, but it is completely untrue. You have been deceived.

He didnt come down from heaven to be put on a pedistool for people to pray to and worship more than they do God, he came down to try and change peoples attitudes towards life, with materialism being the main evil, and to usher in a new age of respect and harmony with nature but he failed in his task and very powerful 'evil' men jumped on the bandwagon and very cleverly changed the direction and essential meaning of Jesus' message to suit their own needs. It was our chance of 'redemption' right then and there but we were too weak minded and stupid to truly understand and accept Gods message, so instead Christianity today is just another Religion obsessed with money, power and influence.
Please allow me to unpack your statement.

He didnt come down from heaven to be put on a pedistool for people to pray to and worship more than they do God, he came down to try and change peoples attitudes towards life

he came down to try and change peoples attitudes towards life
You admit that He "came down". If He came down (from heaven) then He must have been "up there" in the first place. He must have been in heaven with GOD BEFORE He came down to earth. He entered earth by being born of a woman (Mary) who was a virgin. If Jesus was in heaven (as you have confessed) before He was on the earth - then He must have 'pre-existed' before He became human. The Christian Bible teaches that He (Jesus) was with GOD and He WAS GOD.

but he failed in his task
Jesus did NOT fail. He took the sins of ALL MANKIND with Him to the cross and died with them - effectively killing mankinds' sin once and for all. He then ROSE FROM DEATH three days later - providing eternal life to all who put their "praise and devotion" (using your own words) into Jesus Christ.

Jesus is the Victor because He conquered both sin and death - and through Him (and Him alone) mankind can do the same if he chooses to do so.

Your opinions and distortion of Jesus is an inversion of the truth of the Word of GOD. Please read the Christian Holy Bible and find out the truth.

With love.

edit on 21-12-2011 by 1king2rulethemall because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This is why I have always supported the second amendment.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

fair play man , fair play.

Its been a long time since I've heard such an honest and relatable response from an American Christian.

"What ever lamp you follow through the night, light it!"

I like that one, might even use it myself someday if you dont mind.

Peace Brother

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 1king2rulethemall

No offence meant to IAMIAM but if that is the case, then Christianity is truly a less valid Religion than i previously thought. The idea that God would present himself as a Human, only to humans, is ridicolous in the third degree.

I believe that their was a man called Jesus (or something similar sounding) that lived in 0BC, but I believe he was just a very clever man that was completely in touch with nature(the true 'God'), and could see his brothers around him falling from the grace of nature and being a corruption on the world, so he seeked to change their hearts and bring them back to basics, but was met with hostility by people who would lose their power and money if Jesus succeeded in his mission. Therefore these people plotted to twist Jesus' words and teachings to suit their own wishes and needs, and finally made the necessary final step to ligitimise their new religion by making him the ultimate martyr and crucifying him on a cross, a shape which was conveniently symbolised to represent Christianity. [or something thereabouts anyways, its late over here so forgive the generalisations] Clever blokes.....horribly cruel and materialistic people, but still very damn clever.

Or I guess he could be God incarnated, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Peace

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
i was gonna talk about the video that this thread is about, but it seems to have turned into some irrelevant debate about jesus so i guess i wont bother.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

Yes you are right. I never meant to hijack this thread at all. My sincerest apologies.

If anybody would like to discuss Jesus then please start a new thread and send me a private message containing the link to that thread.

In respect to the OP, and referring back to my original comments about the video that he posted - it is terrifying what one person can do to another without any remorse or guilt. Unfortunately mankind does not present itself as becoming anything different - only worse than we already are. We seem to be more stimulated by crime, violence, death, hatred, abuse, and hostility than anything leaning towards peace, love and hope.

If the theorists who promote our evolution and or transcendence into a higher self could only offer us all an explanation to the facts that we are DESCENDING and actually repressing rather than going forward then that might help shed some light on how we can all survive.

Things will only get more tragic as time ticks on. The scenes in the video will become more and more common.
That is a safe bet.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

i was gonna talk about the video that this thread is about, but it seems to have turned into some irrelevant debate about jesus so i guess i wont bother.
Having given some more thought to your comments it has become even more obvious to me that the debate about Jesus is actually VERY RELEVANT.

The reason why those atrocities revealed in the video take place is because their religion teaches them to behave that way. Their faith in a false god inbreeds a false belief system and false standard of moral living. The complete lack of equality between the sexes is one example of such inverted beliefs, as evidenced in the footage. Again I will point out that the koran DOES NOT MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT LOVING YOUR FELLOW MAN.

Here is a link comparing the word of Jesus (Christianity) to the words of muhummad (Islam)

Islam vs Christianity

Here is some more supportive text for you to consider............

There is not any religion in the world which teaches violence. All religions give some way or path to its follower. This concept about Islam is also wrong that it favours violance. It teaches that to kill a man is like killing a whole mankind.

There is need to respect all religions. The violance in the world is due to us, not due to religions.

Religion is an important part of life. We cant ignore it.

everyone in the world should try for peace and humanity on individual level. We should not wait for some revolution at country level or world level. We need to change ourselves. Look beside you, dont ignore poors which are near by you, speak well to your servents, be honest in your duties, try for the betterment of yourself and the people around you, stick to a path which u think is right..

Be a good man, everything in the world will be alright.

Welcome to the site, Eagle. I'm glad to hear that this is your view of Islam. However, when you read the Koran, you may find something different from the view you support. For example, let's take the verse you refer to:

It teaches that to kill a man is like killing a whole mankind.

Here's the verse from the Koran (5:32):

For that cause We decreed for the Children of Israel that whosoever killeth a human being for other than manslaughter or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind. Our messengers came unto them of old with clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty), but afterwards lo! many of them became prodigals in the earth.

So this verse, is as much a justification for killing your fellow men, as it is a call not to do so. Unfortunately, it says that you can kill your fellow men for "corruption in the earth."

Now, what could that be? The next verse talks about it. Here's the very next verse:

The only reward of those who make war upon Allah and His messenger and strive after corruption in the land will be that they will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land. Such will be their degradation in the world, and in the Hereafter theirs will be an awful doom;

So "corruption in the earth"/"corruption in the land" is made by anyone who makes "war upon Allah," and such people are to be "killed or crucified."

Islam declares war on everybody who isn't a Muslim. From About.com:

A crucial distinction made in Islamic theology is that between dar al-harb and dar al-islam. To put it simply, dar al-harb (territory of war or chaos) is the name for the regions where Islam does not dominate, where divine will is not observed, and therefore where continuing strife is the norm. By contrast, dar al-islam (territory of peace) is the name for those territories where Islam does dominate, where submission to God is observed, and where peace and tranquility reign.

So, Islam declares war on anybody who isn't a Muslim. Anyone who is, as a result, at war with Islam, is making "corruption in the Earth," and is to be "killed or crucified."

The result is that the part you quoted, from the verse, only applies to Muslims. It doesn't apply to non-Muslims.

Just in case anyone might think that Islam looks kindly on those of other faiths in any situation, a few verses later (5:36 and 5:37), the Koran says:

As for those who disbelieve, lo! if all that is in the earth were theirs, and as much again therewith, to ransom them from the doom on the Day of Resurrection, it would not be accepted from them. Theirs will be a painful doom.

They will wish to come forth from the Fire, but they will not come forth from it. Theirs will be a lasting doom.

Taken with the preceding verses, it appears that the Koran is saying that Muslims cannot co-exist with others.

This does not look very much like a "religion of peace."

Your misfortune, is that if you tell your kids that the Koran is the word of Allah, some of them are likely to read it and come to the conclusion that, according to the Koran, Allah says to kill non-Muslims. And they're going to be in grave danger of wasting their lives by devoting themselves to racism, violence, and hatred.

edit on 22-12-2011 by 1king2rulethemall because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
All those things u said are only meaning something in "imaginery world",in reality it is like this:

U are property of your government since u are born.
They do own u.
U will never be free as there is no free place on earth anymore,and if u live in any part,u must do things by the rules which they made for u.
Creator/God,Universal high being does not exists,or doesent give a # for us here,we are forgoten by those.
I do not fear them,just doing best i can to make sure my family gets what they need.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by John0Doe
All those things u said are only meaning something in "imaginery world",in reality it is like this:

U are property of your government since u are born.

Being property of the government is a lie I swallowed for a time. Then I gave back to Caesar that which he gave me. Now I am free. See the Plan.

They do own u.

You do not know who I am. If you did, you would not presume to speak for me.

U will never be free as there is no free place on earth anymore,and if u live in any part,u must do things by the rules which they made for u.

Again, you do not know me at all. You may want to read some of what I have been posting.

Creator/God,Universal high being does not exists,or doesent give a # for us here,we are forgoten by those.
I do not fear them,just doing best i can to make sure my family gets what they need.

You are NOT forgotten. You are why I am here.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

The problem is I think these things are just the beginning.These may start happening in our own more "civilized,democratic" countries.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
As far as I can tell from searching all over the internet, Egypt is the only country where there is actual video evidence of extreme police brutality and killings of civilians.

So why isn't NATO getting involved?

Why bomb Libya and support incredibly violent rebels when there is no evidence of Gaddafi's forces killing innocent people?

I'm not saying it didn't happen in Libya, but there has been no evidence of police killing civilians in Libya. If anything, the videos show support for Gaddafi- with almost 2,000,000 marching in his support during the 'unrest'.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join