It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Egypt Protest Video - The Most Terrible Thing I Have Viewed In My Life, Litterally

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Honestly, this video needs a warning because it is messed up beyond belief, but I feel this needs to be seen.

A video like this has never made me cry before this. Watch and you will see I am not exaggerating.

Ok, I warned you, very graphic.

This video was posted on Dec 17.
edit on 18-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

how sad..
I think that woman in the beginning of the video dies

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The horror. These people go home to their families after they do this.

I don't understand how people can do this to one another.

Those zombies with the night sticks should never have been given that power in the first place.

edit on 18-12-2011 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

link   
I don't know what to say.

Whats worse is I didn't have an emotional response to this.

Who are the guys with the "bats" and helmets?

Why did they all out beat the crap out of the people they caught?

link   
I don't want to sound like an arse, but remember they wanted change, and well, they got it. However, there is no reason for the use of violence especially towards the half way point where the police started firing weapons upon the civilians.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I'm speechless! So sad for the human race, we are worse than the animals that we consider lesser beings than ourselves.

+40 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I look out upon the nations of man and see within them much hatred and chaos. I look into the soul of man and see damnation and sorrow. I look into a mirror and see none other but myself.

I'm not sorry to have watched that. It was difficult to see, but it was a necessary thing to see. I mourn for the world, and I mourn for the direction that things travel in. I'm sorry to have done little to help change it. I can only hope that something somewhere decides to have pity on us, for it seems that we won't be saving ourselves.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
It still bothers me and this may sound really weird but it makes me happy to know that this may be the worst thing someone has seen. I have seen far worse online, but I hope sensitive members never do.

link   
They were fleeing, unarmed and fleeing, two friends trying to save their fallen comrade by dragging her while risking there own lives. Looks their bravery and selflessness cost them their lives.

link   
Tragic is all i have too say.

If this happened to me or a fellow country man I myself would be getting organized to start attacking them I just could not stand there and do nothing which in term would more than likely put my own life in serious danger.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

wow, If this is actually the police force doing this to the rioters, I don't know what to say...but I hope those protesters take up arms, and protect their ideas and themselves.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
How long before these people exchange their sticks and stones for AK47,s , rocket launchers and tanks. A bit primitive to be beating each other with sticks. Call in the arms dealers!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
They were fleeing, unarmed and fleeing, two friends trying to save their fallen comrade by dragging her while risking there own lives. Looks their bravery and selflessness cost them their lives.

The word "travesty" comes to mind, not just for the fallen, but because it has happened.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I don't find this graphic at all. But it is messed up that this is occuring.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
It still bothers me and this may sound really weird but it makes me happy to know that this may be the worst thing someone has seen. I have seen far worse online, but I hope sensitive members never do.

I have seen worse gore, sure, committed by a few people. But seeing hundreds of these people working in pure evil against citizens of their own country, and seeing those people who could have ran away instead drag their friend to try to save her get beating while the women is stomped on like she isn't real, it struck a cord.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

It is the military police. They are part of the military(obviously) that put a right-hand of Mubarak(the ousted puppet) in power after the people of Egypt revolted against Mubarak.

Certain members of ATS did warn about this happening after Mubarak was gone.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I think it would be time to fight fire with fire and start putting in a order to protect myself www.alibaba.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Not a single mention on CNN.com homepage about Egypt.

No one cares I guess.

What is on CNN:

# Man burns woman alive in N.Y. elevator
# 2 dead after Russian oil rig sinks
# Florida A&M alumni to speak out
# 50 arrested in Occupy demonstration
# Winter storm brewing in Southwest
# 2-month payroll tax cut extension OK'd
# How it affects you | 100 missing after migrant boat sinks | How it's paid for
# Obama 'very pleased' with vote Obama 'very pleased' with vote
# Congress OKs massive spending plan
# Des Moines Register endorses Romney
# Ticker: Paul: Bachmann 'hates Muslims'
# Stocks could face a stormy week
# Manning's gender identity comes up
# Remains ID'd as missing N.J. woman
# 548 dead in Philippines storm
# Hundreds left dead in storm's wake Hundreds left dead in storm's wake
# California gunman, shooting victims ID'd
# MLB team in record bid for Japan star SI
# Michael Jackson's furniture auctioned
# Top 11 stories of 2011 HLN
# Year's hottest video games Year's hottest video games
# Cat inherits $13,000,000 Cat inherits $13,000,000
# What to buy after Christmas What to buy after Christmas
# 'Men's den' helps men relax at mall 'Men's den' helps men relax at mall
# Kayakers go over 90-foot falls Kayakers go over 90-foot falls
# J.R. Martinez going to be a dad People
# This Just In: CNN's news blog

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I'm getting tired of seeing the abuse the military and the police put these days. It's all over the world not just in Egypt. What the hell the whole world turned over night to military tyranies and we missed the moment? How can a person wearing a uniform of a state hit and KILL the civilians of that state? Is that SOLDIER worthy of wearing the flag of that state? Does the military and police worldwide just hire thugs? I'm getting sick of soldiers, i'm getting sick of all of them.

I'm sory if there is any soldiers on ATS but I do have one question: Are you still in the military/police? if yes, do you remember what you have sworn when you joined? If yes, than no matter what country you come from just think about this, you are betraying your country and your people. If that oath you have made means anything to you, you would understand. period. I'm getting sick of seeing people in uniform honestly.

And remember this everybody, if we still live in democracies, the ones that have the power are we "We, the people.." you will find this phrase in any constitution. I would be happy if tomorrow all military on the planet just freakin dissapears. Go away and wage war amongs yourselvs where the civilians can't see you untill every one of you is gone. I think we can all agree to give u a pretty big dessert where all of you can fit, make it your country wo don't really care, take all your weapons, sticks, helmets, shields and wage your pathetic wars untill all of you are gone.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Library fire in Egypt clashes destroys 'irreplaceable' 200-year-old documents

From Mohamed Fadel Fahmy, for CNN
December 18, 2011 -- Updated 0459 GMT (1259 HKT)

edition.cnn.com/2011/12/17/world/africa/egypt-unrest/index.html

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

* NEW: A widely distributed video shows security forces beating, undressing a female protester
* At least 10 people have been killed and 432 injured in violence since Friday
* The new prime minister calls library fire an "arson committed by the protesters"
* He also denies use of live fire, though six are dead from such ammunition

Cairo (CNN) -- The new wave of bloody clashes between pro-democracy protesters and Egypt's security forces has left at least 10 people dead, including six by live ammunition -- even though the new prime minister denied that live fire was being used by his forces.

Meanwhile, 213-year-old Egyptian maps and historical manuscripts -- described as "irreplaceable" -- were destroyed after a library in Cairo was set ablaze during the clashes, officials said.

Among those killed in the escalating violence in central Cairo were two children, ages 12 and 14, and two others died from skull fractures caused by cement blocks, officials said. Also, 432 people have been injured since the latest unrest broke out Friday, said a spokesman for the Health Ministry, Dr. Hisham Sheeha.

Sheeha said six of the deaths were by live fire.

(...)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join