It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Genesis Probe Crashes To Earth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I dont know Flinx the last Mars mission was pretty impressive. When you consider Russia has never even landed a probe on mars that didnt get destroyed on the way down. Europes Beagle one didnt fair any better. Nasa landed not one but two probes at just about the same time and they both worked.

Yeah those two probes were surprisingly successful, but I found something about them to piss me off nevertheless.

All those probes did were roll around and look at rocks. Interesting geology isn't why we're really interested in Mars. How much effort would it have been for them to attach an instrument to Spirit and Opportunity that searches for life? Beagle 2 had one. Does NASA even care about finding life on Mars? All that money and time and they don't try to answer the most important question about Mars.

At least the ESA tries to find life, even if their crappy probes fail. NASA found evidence of water....wow. Why not go one step farther and actually search for life? This being a conspiracy board, we already know the answer, but the question still needs to be asked.

DOnt you know that means nasa knows something here???

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Billion dollar bullets to NASA now...shoot it off only to go screaming into a planet. How about sending a probe to Mars to retrieve all the other probes and bring them back to Earth? So they could reuse the good parts to make more probes or figure out what went wrong. Cost effective if you consider all the probes that went to waste. Just a thought...Xenongod

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join