It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul about Ron Paul somehing Ron to the Paul, perhaps Ron Paul !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31

Originally posted by dreamingawake
He's important to many at the moment nationally to even globally. Choose to ignore it as others do on another countries/areas issues as some Americans do about let's say Australia. Dr. Ron Paul is not "Rob Snider in derpity derp derp d..."...

To be fair, In Australia you can barely switch on any form of media without hearing 'America this and America that, Obama, Obama, Obama, War , War, War, Derpity derpity dirp, hate, hate, hate, Terrorist, terrorist terroist, hate, hate, hate, muslim extremist, Obama, Obama, Buy this now'

It does become a little tiring at times, You guys might not be aware of this but your culture and media makes up more then 60% of everything we get on the t.v down here.

We actually know more about America then it seems most Americans know about us.
All things considered, most of us are still quite friendly which is a gold star for australia in my book.

No offence intended but you American peoples can be kinda scary and a little overbearing at times, but you seem nice enough (most of you anyway, don't know about some of them reality stars though)

american here (from denton texas to be more specific)... sorry to hear you are being annoyed by american culture via tv. i can totally understand, which is why i dont have cable tv or watch any of that crap. most of it is garbage. turn off tv and turn on your third eye i say. but not all americans believe in that or watch that garbage.

don't get me wrong i like some shows... breaking bad and its always sunny in phlidelphia, i usually use tv (a screen) for watching dvds, and documentaries/movies via internet. most of the stuff i watch has an educational cultural component to it. sorry to hear that your experience of america is via simulated reality or black magic manipulation sorcery. do take confort in the fact that most people who are aware enough to consider and or support Ron Paul do so to help curb a big chunk of the malignant elements that america gets itself into.

much respect to you by the way. real aussie culture has always struck me as very interesting and have a huge respect for. im sure you all have your malignant elements too. most cultures do.

edit on 18-12-2011 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

Uh no.

That's just not true, i'm not trying to play any old card matey.
it seems you're the one that's playing cards..

I was just trying to make a simple point.

but alright buddy, whatever you say mate.

I'm done here.

edit on 18-12-2011 by dannotz because: add

edit on 18-12-2011 by dannotz because: yerp

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Have you seen my baseball?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by Vandalour

Have you seen my baseball?

No, sorry.
but i am familiar with how baseball is played.

hmmm, i just got a thread idea........

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
There is an alarming tendency just lately here on ATS, for certain "elements" to come into threads and start dissension, snarkiness and derogatory remarks. Please be civil. There is disinfo and treachery among us. The one-liners have returned, most of which attempt to shut down the thread in question and destroy it from within. Stand tall and stand together. Peace!

Metta
edit on 18-12-2011 by lowundertheradar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
What is this .. Ron Paul .. I live in a far away land, far away from US..

I'm glad you pointed this out.

Often times, English speakers with no knowledge of our system will spout opinions which undermine our freedoms and way of life. They lend support to people and ideas which go against those principles that the United States was founded under.

That is why I think EU members should have some sort of identifying mark next to their names.

It is important to know when a citizen of one of the lesser nations is meddling with our discourse, as Europeans and citizens of the disarmed nations will tend to skew the discussion away from freedom and lend support to the totalitarian anti-freedom policies of their homeland. You've all seen this.

However, it not entirely their fault.

By pretending that Americans who want and have more freedom are somehow barbarous, the european is better able to deal with the restrictive environment in which he dwells. So instead of acknowledging that he is less free and that this is a bad thing, the european will tell himself that Americans have too much freedom and that is a bad thing. It is a psychological defense mechanism.

edit on 18-12-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

It is important to know when a citizen of one of the lesser nations is meddling with our discourse, as Europeans and citizens of the disarmed nations will tend to skew the discussion away from freedom and lend support to the totalitarian anti-freedom policies of their homeland. You've all seen this.

[Begin Sarcasm]
No, you're not arrogant to the core at all.
[/Sarcasm]

Thankyou for proving the world's point about Americans.
edit on 18/12/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join