It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul about Ron Paul somehing Ron to the Paul, perhaps Ron Paul !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
What is this .. Ron Paul .. I live in a far away land, far away from US.. and I dont know who or what this Ron Paul is but that name pops up all the time on ATS new topics, have all the americans been brainwashed to say Ron Paul as much they can...

Ron Paul ? Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul Ron Paul

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
No one cares to really discuss the other candidates, so the name stands out more than usual.

I thought you'd have realized that by now.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

People support him?

Especially on ATS.

America has not been "brainwashed" to support RP.

If anything its the other way around. The media censors him like crazy over here. Although he is surging in the polls you wouldn't know so by watching any MSM.

This post is pretty ignorant and doesn't make much sense.

The man is running for president, and a lot of people see him as the only chance America has.

So yes, people are going to support someone they see as the only logical candidate..

What are you complaining about?

People supporting a presidential candidate?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
So have you heard about this Ron Paul guy?
He's so Ron-ish with a side order of paul

Perhaps he some kind of hairy quadroped,.... interesting.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
He's important to many at the moment nationally to even globally. Choose to ignore it as others do on another countries/areas issues as some Americans do about let's say Australia. Dr. Ron Paul is not "Rob Snider in derpity derp derp d..."...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
OK, NEW NEWS IN!!!!

Turns out that Ron Paul is infact not a herbivorous four legged donkey like creature but actually a rather pleasant and well spoken old man in America.

Here's is some footage of the elusive Ronicus Paulum Candatium

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
.. and I dont know who or what this Ron Paul is but that name pops up all the time on ATS new topics

Maybe you should read those topics and educate yourself

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
He's important to many at the moment nationally to even globally. Choose to ignore it as others do on another countries/areas issues as some Americans do about let's say Australia. Dr. Ron Paul is not "Rob Snider in derpity derp derp d..."...

To be fair, In Australia you can barely switch on any form of media without hearing 'America this and America that, Obama, Obama, Obama, War , War, War, Derpity derpity dirp, hate, hate, hate, Terrorist, terrorist terroist, hate, hate, hate, muslim extremist, Obama, Obama, Buy this now'

It does become a little tiring at times, You guys might not be aware of this but your culture and media makes up more then 60% of everything we get on the t.v down here.

We actually know more about America then it seems most Americans know about us.
All things considered, most of us are still quite friendly which is a gold star for australia in my book.

No offence intended but you American peoples can be kinda scary and a little overbearing at times, but you seem nice enough (most of you anyway, don't know about some of them reality stars though)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
If you lived in the U.S. you would most certainly see how different it is! Ron Paul is pretty much looked down upon by the media and they censor him and his support as much as possible while raising awareness of the other candidates. The media provides the other candidates with coverage and in turn, they win and America sticks to its old ways which supports the media. Pretty mutual agreement.

So, ATS (which has very little censorship, at least in relation to this topic) is the only medium in which people truly get to talk about and appreciate this man. I hear little to NOTHING about Ron Paul from the medic over here. The only place that I actually hear anything about Ron Paul is strictly through the usage of the internet.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I just hope you americans find a president that stands for peace, healthcare and balance in wealth..

everyone thought Obama would "change" things after Bush
but I just see another war loving otherwise passive president

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
edit on 18-12-2011 by dannotz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

Yea, and you Australians can have a little problem with generalizations and stereotyping.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31

To be fair, In Australia you can barely switch on any form of media without hearing 'America this and America that, Obama, Obama, Obama, War , War, War, Derpity derpity dirp, hate, hate, hate, Terrorist, terrorist terroist, hate, hate, hate, muslim extremist, Obama, Obama, Buy this now'

It does become a little tiring at times, You guys might not be aware of this but your culture and media makes up more then 60% of everything we get on the t.v down here.

We actually know more about America then it seems most Americans know about us.
All things considered, most of us are still quite friendly which is a gold star for australia in my book.

No offence intended but you American peoples can be kinda scary and a little overbearing at times, but you seem nice enough (most of you anyway, don't know about some of them reality stars though)

Quoted for truth.

As an Aussie I have become disillusioned with our TV programming down here - it's either American crap most of the time or the odd Aussie show that makes me want to projectile vomit (with the exception of Underbelly). Hence I turned to downloading, and haven't looked back since.

I would have to agree when this poster says most Aussies know more about America than vice-versa. It's a little hard to NOT know what's going on over there, particularly when every channel is "America this, America that".

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dannotz

Yea, and you Australians can have a little problem with generalizations and stereotyping.

How much do you know about Australia without Googling us?

No, we don't ride Kangaroos around, we have had electricity as long as you guys have and we call shrimp PRAWNS not bloody shrimp. There's a start for you, now go......

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Uh, i don't think you realized this, but i was mocking him, being sarcastic.

I don't really think that, i was just proving a point about how stereotyping a whole group of people is WRONG.
Maybe you should read what i was replying to before you try to insult me.

So, actually, thanks for helping me prove my point!

Alley & OOP!

edit on 18-12-2011 by dannotz because: spelling

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
have all the americans been brainwashed to say Ron Paul as much they can...

Actually the sudden support for Ron Paul is the American people breaking free from brainwashing. It is a very good topic for ATS!

Ron Paul's views expecially on foreign policy are considered rediculous by MSM. He is considered not even a possibility as the Republican GOP(Grand Old Party). They are actually starting to find grounds with the American people!

I can see to a foreigner expecially on this site, how all the threads might seem annoying. To the revolution they are amazing, and I cant get enough!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Well you can call it a generalization but that is just a generalization itself. the FACT is that we do get a awful lot of american culture rammed down our throats, and the FACT is that most americans i speak with don't seem to know a lot about Australia.

I'm just going off of observations.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

I know it was a generalization..that was the point.

Refer to my reply a few posts up.

Oh and if you're tired of having American "culture" shoved down your throat, turn of the TV and go enjoy your beautiful country!

edit on 18-12-2011 by dannotz because: add

edit on 18-12-2011 by dannotz because: add more

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

Uh, i don't think you realized this, but i was mocking him, being sarcastic.

I don't really think that, i was just proving a point about how stereotyping a whole group of people is WRONG.
Maybe you should read what i was replying to before you try to insult me.

So, actually, thanks for helping me prove my point!

Alley & OOP!

No you weren't. don't try an play that card ol' matey.

You were offended, i've seen some of your posts and i know from reading them that you don't like people suggesting that Americans are not very knowledgable about the rest of the world, you've gotten your goat up about it before.

For the record: I like Americans and i also like some American culture. just so you know.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join