It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Is Burned Alive in an Elevator in Brooklyn - Purposefully

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
NYC Elevator Attacker Worked for Victim: Nephew

“He was doing more stealing than cleaning,” claims Causey, who says the attacker had left a note on her door demanding payment for chores—but she refused to pay. A neighbor says Gillespie was “desperately afraid” of the assailant.

How horrible!

The AP reports that police are currently questioning an unidentified 47-year-old man, who, smelling of gasoline, walked into a police station overnight and implicated himself in Gillespie's death.

Some questions answered...

I wonder if this will make any of you against the death sentence reconsider. If all reports can be believed he had this lady terrorized. Then, he burnt her alive. If that's not an act of atrocity warranting a death sentence I don't know what does.

peace

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This crime is representative of (true evilness)....there are humans on this earth whose souls are black and evil...there is no light in them. It is their pleasure to do evil and promote evil ...that is what they live for.

May that woman RIP and I hope that she is in heaven now in the arms of an angel.

As I read this thread and the responses....I kept thinking...

We all need to be more awake and aware; more vigilant about who is around us....the neighbors we don't really know....the strangers that cross our paths everyday.

We all have our routines....we go here...we go there....we have certain routes we take to work....certain stores we frequent etc. so (sometimes) we are on (automatic pilot) ...and do not completely pay attention to our surroundings.

We need to be very awake...everyday...routine or not....to who is around us.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Ah thank you for answering those questions. I'm glad this was an isolated incident.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by manontrial
He was testing his own will. He wanted to do such an act simply to see if he had the fortitude to go through with it. He's killed before but not as publicly or as daring as this, though his previous victim were probably found in public places. Unfortunately this would have given him a huge adrenaline rush and he will be savouring that feeling, this will only push him to push himself further. He was likely unaware of the camera, but I may be wrong on that.
He will not be foolish enough to have his burns treated, especially locally.

I don't like this one, he's seen too many movies and he feels he needs to go to great lengths to get himself 'known' in todays world.

someone needs to step away from the psychological profiling shows

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Ugggggggh just sickening. At least they have him though. What a waste of oxygen he is.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I was locked up on a drug related charge, years ago.

There was a guy there that was bragging that he had doused his ex-girlfriend in gasoline, and lit a match. He nearly killed her, and she was forever scarred.

Some of the inmates were so disgusted with this guy, that they banded together and cornered the guy. There wasn't anything flamable available to the other inmates, but bleach was. The man was held down while pure bleach was poured over his face, genitals, and down his throat.

The man survived, but was reportedly blind after he came back from the hospital. When he came back to the unit, he was put into protective custody. He wasn't safe there either. Somehow, the prisoners that serve meals to the guys in PC, got a hold of a bottle of kerosene. That man was burned alive inside his safe little cell.

...I'm sure once this guy is caught, he will be dealt with in a similar manner. There are 2 things that are considered crossing the line even with criminals, women and children.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

Yeah, but who assassinates someone by burning them alive using exterminator equipment? Not the most efficient way of eliminating someone. The guy is probably some extremely deranged serial killer who likes to watch his victims burn. I can't imagine the mind of the guy who is doing this. Where does he get the desire to want to burn strangers to death?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Just because she's an older woman should we feel worse? Not at all, I know some 'older ladies' that deserve some pretty harsh treatment - but burning to death? Wow...

WTF??? What does being an older woman have to do with justifying ANY type of harsh treatment??? Please explain.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Lack of expression on his face means he is a sociopath! Find him, pour a gallon of gasoline on him, and light him up! I would love to see that video! I would very much like to hear him scream as the fire burns the flesh from his bones! No mercy whatsoever on him!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence
Yup, that POS turned himself in: Police Arrest Man in Burning Death of Woman

Rickey Causey, who said he was Ms. Gillespie’s nephew and has lived with her since late June, said his aunt was not romantically involved with the man. She had hired him to clear out her cluttered apartment earlier in the year, Mr. Causey said. He said the man had harassed Ms. Gillespie after she fired him on suspicion that he had stolen a VCR and a large cake pan among other things. In November, Mr. Causey said, the man stuck an invoice on Ms. Gillespie’s door that said she owed him more than $300; she did not pay him.

WTH is WRONG with people?

It is horrific and totally without reason but I am glad you posted that.

I was afraid this was going to come to be another MODERN DAY sociopath inspired "prank" that catches on along the lines of the subway ticket booth.

Men set subway station booth on fire: www.metro.us...
Or the non lethal prank called FIRE IN THE HOLE. According to some posters - people have always been this demented.
I kind of doubt it. I think mental illness is at an all time high with no relief in sight.

edit on 18-12-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by becomingaware

They caught the guy..

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by Toffeeapple

I have one word for you "reparations." I had nothing to do with slavery but by virtue of the fact I am white I am blamed for it. Now why don't you go take that great argument and lack of personal responsibility for the human race there and fight the good fight? I believe Michael Jackson song about the Man in the Mirror. It is a little new age for some but if you want to change the world QUIT FIGHTING the wrong people. Focus on the criminals and refrain from attacking people for what ever reason you think is justified rather than solve the problems. You are peeved and indignant I said what I said. My word that is a pity but it is the end result that is important. This is a far more wicked world of people with more devious plans because we suggest and advertise HOW TO BE wicked and copycats are everywhere.
Love and understanding and even compassion are at a premium. You are going to deny that too?
Maybe you are blind to see what I see without the rose colored glasses on.
Again, not my problem specifically but if you are aware you have the ability by your actions and responses you can change the world - the world would be better off all around. If you keep saying IT WASN'T ME - I AM NOT THE ONE WHO DID THIS SO I DON'T CARE TO CHANGE ANYTHING....you are stuck right where we are.
And you all are right that this is probably NOT a new low IF YOU ASSUME WE WERE ALREADY THIS LOW TO BEGIN WITH. I am not proud of my society as I see the compassion drained out of it and people living lives cut off in silent desperation and I try to balance what evil is out there by showing kindness to people for no particular reason. That is all anyone can do and if enough people feel like making up the slack...and there is slack whether you see it or not - we can tip the scales back the way toward normal healthy co-existence with a little peace. Sure this act is isolated random madness from a psychopath but the hatred seething just below the surface of our society is not. And the number of psychopaths is growing, not diminishing. WE are doing something wrong and if you were not part of a whole you could never use the word WE.

Just my personal opinion buddy and forgive me saying so but last I checked I am as entitled to it as you are to yours.

edit on 18-12-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

See your arrogance and wrong assumptions need to be addressed.

'Rose tinted glasses'?

Your solution, if I'm reading this right, is to be kind to people.

Agreed - that's a good way for us to conduct ourselves. That's taking responsibility for our own actions. I also try to look out for family, friends, neighbours and work colleagues, as I expect most people do. It's not the same thing as your previous intimations re taking responsibility for the actions of people we've no control over.

Nobody said you weren't entitled to your personal opinion. But when your own opinion is expressed on a forum, and it includes the comment that we each should be ashamed of ourselves for the handiwork of sociopaths, you can hardly complain when it's challenged.

I'm glad this particular specemin of murdering scum is off the street.

edit on 19-12-2011 by Toffeeapple because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2011 by Toffeeapple because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

not wrong dude, a girl in the polka dot dress is bound to rock up!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
A paid hit? Well I think these are random NWO goons, paid to murder and cause terror in the public myself. I think most crimes are this with a few geniune broken people overwhelmed by trauma.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Here is an interesting article in (The Seattle Times) as to who the man is and why he committed this crime.

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join