It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Is Burned Alive in an Elevator in Brooklyn - Purposefully

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

When you say "they" who do you mean?

There are cruel games people play but this is new or you wouldn't have posted it.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I will concede that I have never heard a case EXACTLY like this, but horrendous acts of a very similar nature (as in burning a person to death) have happened for a very long time.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

You don't remember the days when children could walk down the street or go to the store so I will forgive your naivety. It is society, it is yours and you are part of it. You can tell how civilized a society is by how they treat their children and their animals. Did you ever hear the expression no man is an island? There is a reason for that. You do not want to take responsibility and why should you? You have no blood on your hands. You only watch.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

You don't remember the days when children could walk down the street or go to the store so I will forgive your naivety.

I actually do remember walking to school (actually biking a few miles) going to the store etc. Kids around here still do. I don't think you realize what point I'm disagreeing with at this point, or are being intentionally obtuse.

Oh hell one more time. I don't consider this crime 'a new low' because humanity has done far worse.
edit on 18-12-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
It is obvious that evil is alive. I hope the lady is at Peace in the arms of a loving God. I hope the soulless person who killed the lady is caught and locked up.

I am speechless....

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Funny, children still can play in the street where i come from... Maybe it's an American social issue?

Don't blame yourself or others because one person is a nut-bar, nut-bar's have been around since the dawn of time, countless examples of them throughout history! several Roman emperors, kings and queens, American presidents, and the list goes on.

Is it getting worse or is the earths population increasing rapidly making the incidence's of these crimes seem to increase but the percentage overall not.
If anything, things are actually getting better!, no where near as many murders and atrocities as a thousand years ago, if you do the math on it all, comparing the population numbers with the number of murders as a percentage.

I say it again, you have NO HOPE. your all doom and gloom!
Your a self-hating human.
You said in one of your posts "Your race" (i paraphrase but it was something to that effect) which makes it sound like you infact, do not consider yourself as part of the human race.

Are you an alien to be able to pontificate on this?

Are you better then the rest of us maybe?
You sound like an elitist.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

With all due respect - you are the elitist. Excusing yourself from humanity and it's actions.

We are one.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

With all due respect - you are the elitist. Excusing yourself from humanity and it's actions.

We are one.

yeah as a race. but nothing you say will make me admit or accept ANY responsibility for this mans crime. I did not do it, i was having a nice relaxing day at home on the day this happened. thinking of family and friends and looking forward to my birthday, a new job and christmas.

You can't understand that people might be a little insulted by your assertations?
I mean normally i just let this kind of sentiment go, but you know what, no more.

I was kidding when i said it was an american social issue, it's not a social issue. It's a raving lunatic setting fire to an elderly woman in an elevator issue. It's a monkey-balls crazy maniac committing a horrible crime for god only knows what reason, if any.

But it sure as hell isn't my issue!
I would prefer it not to have happened, obviously. but it did.
It's an issue for the police to deal with and then the legal system and then the prison system (and then probably after a handful of months, this guys neighbours when he gets released, which IS a social issue)

You want to take responsibility for this? fine, you do that. You might want to start by trying to get a bit of reform in the the mental health sector of society, or maybe you could go vigilante and seek out evil-doers, bringing them to justice yourself.

Why insult everyone like that?? why do it? whats your motivation? why do you hate yourself and everyone else so much? huh.

There is a very good question. Why do you hate everyone and everything?
Answer that one.

Maybe you should turn yourself into the police, for every crime ever committed.
You know what, if your right, then that makes you the worst person ever to have lived!
edit on 18-12-2011 by Raivan31 because: (no reason given)

"We are one" Well ideally we WOULD be but that is not the current reality.
I would LOVE for all of us to be one, but we are not! haven't you noticed the wars and murders happening out there, people hating one another.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

This seems pretty brutal for a random act but not impossible. It does remind me of an episode of criminal minds though, where the arsonist was essentially doing the exact same thing - randomly killing people via flame. Why the 5th floor? Why this lady?

It would seem odd to be waiting around on a random floor, knowing other people could come by any minute, especially while wearing mask and gloves. Even for a person dressed as an exterminator it would seem weird.

I will wager there are a few other crimes that are the same that the media is not reporting on because they have not made a link yet.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by manontrial
He was testing his own will. He wanted to do such an act simply to see if he had the fortitude to go through with it. He's killed before but not as publicly or as daring as this, though his previous victim were probably found in public places. Unfortunately this would have given him a huge adrenaline rush and he will be savouring that feeling, this will only push him to push himself further. He was likely unaware of the camera, but I may be wrong on that.
He will not be foolish enough to have his burns treated, especially locally.

I don't like this one, he's seen too many movies and he feels he needs to go to great lengths to get himself 'known' in todays world.

Sorry but I can not buy this for one second. There is simply not enough information to go on to draw this conclusion. How do we know that the killer did not know his victim? Did she have any enemies?

Without having these key details, we can not just make assumptions like the quoted post above.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

Death penalty is for backward humans. It is a good metric for the moral fiber of a society. I hope you never get framed or wrongly accused into death row...

edit on 18-12-2011 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I live in North Ga and there's been a few instances of women getting set on fire here- but it's always been by a boyfriend. I watched one time as down in the valley from here we saw some smoke and some people carried a mattress out- some dude had set his girlfriend on fire. I guess they were trying to save the mattress- it was weird. We were like, there's a fire, and that's what they grab? The mattress?
I didn't know about the woman getting burnt until later.

It's really scary once I became aware that men HERE do that to women. Every now and then i google for it and yep, men set women on fire a lot. Can't remember ever seeing one though that wasn't a lover that did it.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
He may have turned himself in? www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

We were like, there's a fire, and that's what they grab? The mattress?

The mattress would hold crucial evidence to catch who did it. That's why they were trying to save it.
edit on 12/18/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
He may have turned himself in? www.msnbc.msn.com...

Good. And the Guardian has a story too.
www.guardian.co.uk...

A man is being questioned by police in connection with the death of a woman burned alive in the lift of her New York City apartment building. Police said a man smelling of petrol walked into a police station overnight and implicated himself in the killing. The 47-year-old man, who has not been charged, said he had started a fire, a New York Police Department spokesman said. The man's identity has not been released.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by Toffeeapple

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
Once again I am ashamed to be a member of the human race.

Is there no end to the # we do?

We won't be around much longer, thank you lord, because as well as wrecking each other, we are wrecking this beautiful planet.

Sorry if I sound like I'm having a go at you, but 'we' didn't do this #. At least, I know I didn't, so I'm not taking any responsibility for it.

You are not human? He was human and this new low is what we are capable of. How are you not responsible? Because you didn't do it? Your species did and catwhoknowsplusone is right. We all should be ashamed. Outraged certainly but a little ashamed of ourselves. "Course I am a little MORE ashamed of ourselves as we stoop to new lows everyday. If you do not recognize a problem there will never be a solution.

What a silly argument! Name a time in history when some men aren't known to have committed atrocities? You can't, so it isn't, as you dramatically declare it, a new low.

I'm definately not ashamed of myself because some psycho's go round doing unspeakably vile things that are beyond my control.

Go ahead and be ashamed of yourself if you're determined to be, but don't try and drag the rest of us down with your warped reasoning.

What does that bit mean about not recognising a problem? Do you think anyone here isn't sickened by that man's action?

What solution have you come up with? Since it's your responsibility, apparently, please explain what your intended actions are to prevent this bloke (and all other nutters) from performing similar or equally despicable acts.

Nothing, that's what, so don't talk rubbish!

I'm sick of the actions of some leading people to denounce the entire human race. Get a grip!

edit on 18-12-2011 by Toffeeapple because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Toffeeapple

I have one word for you "reparations." I had nothing to do with slavery but by virtue of the fact I am white I am blamed for it. Now why don't you go take that great argument and lack of personal responsibility for the human race there and fight the good fight? I believe Michael Jackson song about the Man in the Mirror. It is a little new age for some but if you want to change the world QUIT FIGHTING the wrong people. Focus on the criminals and refrain from attacking people for what ever reason you think is justified rather than solve the problems. You are peeved and indignant I said what I said. My word that is a pity but it is the end result that is important. This is a far more wicked world of people with more devious plans because we suggest and advertise HOW TO BE wicked and copycats are everywhere.
Love and understanding and even compassion are at a premium. You are going to deny that too?
Maybe you are blind to see what I see without the rose colored glasses on.
Again, not my problem specifically but if you are aware you have the ability by your actions and responses you can change the world - the world would be better off all around. If you keep saying IT WASN'T ME - I AM NOT THE ONE WHO DID THIS SO I DON'T CARE TO CHANGE ANYTHING....you are stuck right where we are.
And you all are right that this is probably NOT a new low IF YOU ASSUME WE WERE ALREADY THIS LOW TO BEGIN WITH. I am not proud of my society as I see the compassion drained out of it and people living lives cut off in silent desperation and I try to balance what evil is out there by showing kindness to people for no particular reason. That is all anyone can do and if enough people feel like making up the slack...and there is slack whether you see it or not - we can tip the scales back the way toward normal healthy co-existence with a little peace. Sure this act is isolated random madness from a psychopath but the hatred seething just below the surface of our society is not. And the number of psychopaths is growing, not diminishing. WE are doing something wrong and if you were not part of a whole you could never use the word WE.

Just my personal opinion buddy and forgive me saying so but last I checked I am as entitled to it as you are to yours.

edit on 18-12-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
reply to post by Domo1

I have a feeling this is going to get worse before it gets better.

What makes you say it will get worse before it gets better?

Is this an ongoing thing? An epidemic? Fad? Trend?

Or just a conversation piece on your part?

Please explain your reasoning.

edit on 18-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

Really!!?? You really do not see that this world is getting worst everyday!!??

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
That poor woman.

I hope whoever did this never walks the streets again.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Yup, that POS turned himself in: Police Arrest Man in Burning Death of Woman

Rickey Causey, who said he was Ms. Gillespie’s nephew and has lived with her since late June, said his aunt was not romantically involved with the man. She had hired him to clear out her cluttered apartment earlier in the year, Mr. Causey said. He said the man had harassed Ms. Gillespie after she fired him on suspicion that he had stolen a VCR and a large cake pan among other things. In November, Mr. Causey said, the man stuck an invoice on Ms. Gillespie’s door that said she owed him more than $300; she did not pay him.

WTH is WRONG with people?

This country and this world is insane on both a micro and macro level. Time to call an exterminator, no pun intended.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join