It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Is Burned Alive in an Elevator in Brooklyn - Purposefully

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

But in the beginning, it seemed routine: a man dressed as an exterminator, wearing gloves, with a protective mask perched atop his head and carrying a container on his back, takes the elevator to the fifth floor. Sometime later, an older woman carrying groceries took the same ride to the fifth floor. Two cameras recording from different positions, one inside the small tiled elevator and another in a hallway, show the doors open and the man with the container approach. The man, who appeared to be in his 40s, first sprays the woman in the face, then douses her methodically from head to toe with what a city official said was an accelerant as she turned and cowered, raising her hands, the grocery bags hanging from her wrists.

I have a feeling this is going to get worse before it gets better. Breaks my heart to think what was going through that poor woman mind. I hope they find this piece of expletive and that justice is meted out swiftly. It looks as if the bastard was burned, so they may actually be able to catch him before something happens again.

Link

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

The motive in this is what is really interesting....
the description makes it sound cold and calculated, the fact that the guy burnt himself as well is interesting.

Maybe a paid 'hit'?

Maybe a codeword activated mind washed assassin test?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Wow...that's eff'd up....

reply to post by Raivan31

One of my first thoughts when wondering why someone would do something like this was that maybe he was testing out a method to kill someone...obviously it works
edit on 18-12-2011 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Too weird if it was another postal worker. It sounds like she was well liked. The motive is an interesting one. I didn't see any listed in the article, which makes me worry it's going to happen again. At the same time it doesn't seem random what with the preparation. Also the fact that the man was 'methodical' strikes me as odd. Perhaps not the first time he's done similar.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Once again I am ashamed to be a member of the human race.

Is there no end to the # we do?

We won't be around much longer, thank you lord, because as well as wrecking each other, we are wrecking this beautiful planet.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Now to watch out for copycats

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I think this is one situation where we, conservatives and liberals, can come together and forget all that "humane treatment" crap and give this guy what he truly deserves. The victim should be able to press charges, and have him set on fire. Put him out and save him so he has to live the rest of his life like that.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
He was testing his own will. He wanted to do such an act simply to see if he had the fortitude to go through with it. He's killed before but not as publicly or as daring as this, though his previous victim were probably found in public places. Unfortunately this would have given him a huge adrenaline rush and he will be savouring that feeling, this will only push him to push himself further. He was likely unaware of the camera, but I may be wrong on that.
He will not be foolish enough to have his burns treated, especially locally.

I don't like this one, he's seen too many movies and he feels he needs to go to great lengths to get himself 'known' in todays world.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

It's reports like this that (almost) make me believe the 'end' is really near, MK Ultra, true devil worship and other conspiracies. I cannot fathom any amount of money or any amount of revenge to burn someone alive.

Just because she's an older woman should we feel worse? Not at all, I know some 'older ladies' that deserve some pretty harsh treatment - but burning to death? Wow...

I really hope we hear more about this - in other words - what this guy is all about, his motives, etc. From purely a standpoint of curiosity I'll try to stay atop the info. I really want to know.

And whoever pointed out this guy might be 'practicing' on her before someone else? That rings so true it's scary.

Take the stairs people...

peace

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I have a feeling this is going to get worse before it gets better.

What makes you say it will get worse before it gets better?

Is this an ongoing thing? An epidemic? Fad? Trend?

Or just a conversation piece on your part?

Please explain your reasoning.

edit on 18-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by manontrial

He was testing his own will. He wanted to do such an act simply to see if he had the fortitude to go through with it. He's killed before but not as publicly or as daring as this, though his previous victim were probably found in public places. Unfortunately this would have given him a huge adrenaline rush and he will be savouring that feeling, this will only push him to push himself further. He was likely unaware of the camera, but I may be wrong on that.
He will not be foolish enough to have his burns treated, especially locally.

I don't like this one, he's seen too many movies and he feels he needs to go to great lengths to get himself 'known' in todays world.

Spot on insight IMO.
If you don't mind me asking - how did you come up with this conclusion/opinion?
Peace

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

We won't be around much longer, thank you lord, because as well as wrecking each other, we are wrecking this beautiful planet.

Sorry if I sound like I'm having a go at you, but 'we' didn't do this #. At least, I know I didn't, so I'm not taking any responsibility for it.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
As some one else said, the cold and methodical way that he went about this is just plain chilling.
But it does not seem like the typical serial killer M.O

he seemed intent on ensuring that the person died, going back to spray some more.
And it appears as though he took no trophy of his actions.

The facial expression, or lack thereof is also quite strange as it would suggest that he had no emotional input into the crime.

So it's all just very weird.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toffeeapple

Sorry if I sound like I'm having a go at you, but 'we' didn't do this #. At least, I know I didn't, so I'm not taking any responsibility for it.

You are not human? He was human and this new low is what we are capable of. How are you not responsible? Because you didn't do it? Your species did and catwhoknowsplusone is right. We all should be ashamed. Outraged certainly but a little ashamed of ourselves. "Course I am a little MORE ashamed of ourselves as we stoop to new lows everyday. If you do not recognize a problem there will never be a solution.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

What makes you say it will get worse before it gets better?

I believe that if this wasn't personal the guy will kill again. Pyros are generally repeats. A murder this brazen to me suggests that the guy either new the victim, was paid to do it (unlikely) or enjoys it. It seems a little risky to kill someone you actually know in such a dramatic fashion.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

You are not human? He was human and this new low is what we are capable of.

This is in no way a new low. Any horrible death you can imagine has probably happened (within reason).

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

When was the last time you discussed a crime just like this?
Never? I think it is a new low. There are many. There are more psychotic sadistic sociopaths in the world today because we are disassociated from one another and it is easy for them to avoid detection and because there are more people. Sad and simple.

...and

Any horrible death you can imagine has probably happened (within reason).

Within reason? Someone is thinking of that method of murder now....One outside the bounds of reason.

I do not like that she was a nice woman. I hope when he is caught and he will be - soon - we discover she insulted him or slighted him in some way so this was revenge and not random violence. We have too much of that. It is becoming epidemic and the solution is.....FIX CHILDREN, identify problems early and do not let them grow into this kind of a horror. I think if you are going to be commenting on the horrors of society you probably should offer a solution - No?

I can't post any more though I'd love to stay and debate 'how low we can go'. I can tell you a horror story or two myself but they already keep me up nights - I won't do that to you ...not just for sensationalism. That's just another senseless act.
edit on 18-12-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

As some one else said, the cold and methodical way that he went about this is just plain chilling. But it does not seem like the typical serial killer M.O

Serial killer is a person that kills three or more people with a cooling off period in between. I would agree that this is very atypical of a serial killer. A signature killer is a whole different ball game, they don't always take trophies.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Took a few seconds to find this

Never quite the same, but I don't think this is a new low. They used to have Bulls made of metal that they would put a person in, light a fire underneath and laugh when the screams came because it sounded like the Bull roaring.

Also,

This is not a NEW low.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by Toffeeapple

You are not human? He was human and this new low is what we are capable of. How are you not responsible? Because you didn't do it? Your species did and catwhoknowsplusone is right. We all should be ashamed. Outraged certainly but a little ashamed of ourselves. "Course I am a little MORE ashamed of ourselves as we stoop to new lows everyday. If you do not recognize a problem there will never be a solution.

So are you saying that you, personally would commit an act like this? Are you willing to take the blame for everything the Nazi's done as well?
Yeah, it's true that #SOME# humans are just plain wired up wrong, but it is in no way fair to yourself or anybody else to suggest that we should accept responsibility for the actions of one deranged lunatic.

Blame society if you like but the fact is that most, if not 99.99% of the general population would NEVER do something like this.

Your a self-hating human. Don't hate the player baby, hate the game.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join