It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama asked to Marine Corps Ball; Says Yes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

20 year old Marine Lance Corporal Aaron Leeks from Frederick, Maryland has asked First Lady Michelle Obama to accompany him to the Marine Corps Ball next November. "With your husband's permission of course," said Leeks. The first lady responded, "I'd love to" and brought an aide over to get his information. The first lady met Leeks at a Toys-for-Tots event at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling located in southeast Washington, DC.

I think this was actually a very nice gesture, but damn I bet the poor woman is going to be flooded with invites now. Also, better behave because your boss is kinda important and that's his wife. I'm pretty surprised she said yes, actually seems pretty classy of her, though I'm sure some here will think the opposite.

Link

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Younger version of Obama........

edit on 18-12-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

You mean his superiors ordered him to invite her...

Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis have already been and the first lady didn't.

Stunt anyone?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Wow!

How nice of Michelle. What a great first lady.

You are very lucky, Obama! (and so is that cheeky guy).

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by thesungod

Did they? I missed that part. I was also under the impression she met up with him and went. I dunno it's late and I just got back from the bars.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Wow, this is easy to see through. This is one HUGE setup to gain military support for Obama's election
. Don't fall for the these stories. See if this type of thing happens a year after he/or any other president is elected.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
As long as he doesn't intern (aka,Monica Lewinsky),He will be fine.

One time shot to party with the Presidents wife?

Whats the worst that could happen?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by J.Son79

Meh, perhaps. I don't think everything is a conspiracy or politically motivated though. Good point about winning points (thank you whiskey) with the military though.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Very true, not everything is a conspiracy, but during these election times (and after watching a season of Boss) my tinfoil hat goes with me everywhere, lol. I overly criticize everything.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by J.Son79

You and me both. I only disagreed because I like disagreeing. It is hard to tell in this day and age if someone is just being legit nice or manipulative nice.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This is ATS, it's so right-wing Michelle could cure AIDS, kiss every puppy on the planet and give everyone a million dollars and they'd still hate her.

I think it's a nice thing for her to do and I'll be looking forward to seeing her dress.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Really, who gives a ****?

It seems like it is the political equivalent of the Grammy's or some other bogus display of arrogance. What does this have to do with anything important?

In fairness, it HAS been a slow few news days...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by Domo1

Younger version of Obama........

edit on 18-12-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

Good catch, he also looks like a black guy.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Interesting , considering the obamas couldn't even go to the Veterans Ball the night of the inauguration. (first time in 50 years a new president refused to stop by on inauguration night.)

new topics

top topics

join