It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP is Sponserting Tourism Adverts for the Gulf. Care for a vacation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

BP Sponsering Tourism Adverts for the Gulf

I find the audacity of it infuriating. What are these clowns thinking? They totally disregard all advice that it is not safe to drill so deep; they ignored advice from their own workers that disaster is but days away, and when they finally (get what they perhaps wanted) and they pump the sea full of oil, they also add a lovely corex death cocktail into our ocean. So, man is not a sea creature, it is not where we live, and that makes it ok to totally disregard the fact that it is the natural habitat of thousands and thousands of species.

Man, I love the sea. (Gave my first steps on a wild wild beach on the north coast of South Africa, close to Mozambique border, parents were deap sea divers, and camped in the wild great untamed by the coast all my life.)

NOW I am livired! BP is trying to convince people that you can have a lovely holiday by the sea where the oil is still pumping out the ocean floor, and corex has caused the death of (how many????) thousands of sea creatures and people as well.

What does BP have to do with the Gulf besides causing one of the world's worst man-made disasters? Why, appointing themselves as the Gulf's new PR agent! BP is exerting much effort and advertising funds to bring more tourists to the Gulf.

In August, they aired two TV commercials called “Best Place” and “Great Vacation.” They have uploaded 28 YouTube videos, many featuring local business owners and select residents. The “Great Vacation” ad depicts four spokespeople from four different areas lightheartedly battling it out for who has the best vacation spot.

They are trying to uphold the Gulf as the best vacation resort yet. Supposedly, 2011 was the best tourism season. Who are included in these tourism numbers?

BP has spent $92 million dollars in the last three years for tourism alone. The ads are meant to inform people that it is okay to swim in the “clean” waters and eat the food. What are they not showing in the ads?

How about the deaths and sickness of the cleanup crew hired by them when they promised to help fix the local economy. The sickness that ensued for the fisherman, swimmers, and sea life after the toxic Corexit was dumped. That it did nothing to actually rid the Gulf of the bubbling brown cocktail. That they paid millions to law enforcement, churches, and other organizations for a “boost” but neglected to pay any ill health claims. Or how about that the clean-up contracts stipulated years of work, as well as a coordinated cover-up plan.

Look, many folks depend on tourism in the Gulf area and I don't want to disparage them here. But in all seriousness, it is still may not be safe and BP knows it. Given their recent history of a vast cover up, it's impossible to know for sure.

In fact, there are many reports that the leak is still bubbling oil. Yet, BP seems to feel that buying public opinion is a better investment than actually cleaning up the mess and compensating the people who've gotten sick and lost their entire way of life.

Public Relations cannot cover up the damage that many experts claim will continue for decades. It appears to be just another chapter in the "Big Fix" cover up:

Clean up advert:

I am trying to imbed the vids, my frist time. Not sure if it will work. So, in case it does not work please use this link:
www.activistpost.com... directly to the page and scroll down to the vids.

Anyone going to take the rist to bath in that sea? Come on!!! BP assures you it is ok.
edit on 18-12-2011 by UnlimitedSky because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2011 by UnlimitedSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
you might want to change golf to gulf on your title.
and fix your links to your video also here is the LINK on how to insert videos
edit on 18-12-2011 by SkipperJohn because: edit to add link

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
We aren't under Martial Law.....

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Here they are -

edit on 18-12-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Hey I found him! Yes it's his work! I'd know it anywhere! Baghdad Bob has been hired to run the P.R. division of BP!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I think it's the least they can do.

Many local businesses that used to rely on the tourist trade would be suffering.

They're just trying to get the people back.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Lol I was laughing at these with my friends a few minutes ago, we thought BP was behind it.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
You know what is even worse than the polluters and wreckers of this planet like bp?

Spin doctors.

Liars - advertising agencies trying to make their very rich clients (who pay them megas) look good.

Do they think we are so thick?

Answer - yes - but they have lost it on this one.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Thank you so much for sorting that out. When I go to Vid:youtube to insert the vid, I copy and paste the URL into that little text box that comes up. Is that correct?

Previous poster posted a video on how to do this, but my data is low, so I don't want to waste it. (I don't have uncapped internet access, I buy data bundles, usually 1 or 3 gigs, and when they are used up I have to buy more.)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Yes, but is it safe???? BP should give these people money, not use them to reflect the false security that it is safe.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I didn't know BP was trying to expand its business to tourism. Guess maybe they are trying to make up for all the trouble they have caused by inviting people to their "Oil bath and massage parlors... right on the beach!"

They could care less wether people go down there for sun and fun. They are only concerned with cleaning up their image and are bombing the MSM and Internet with ads to that end.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

Thank you so much for sorting that out. When I go to Vid:youtube to insert the vid, I copy and paste the URL into that little text box that comes up. Is that correct?

Butting in. You did good except... only paste the YouTube "ID Number" between brackets. The "ID Number" is everything between the equals "=" signs in the URL. See how others do stuff by clicking "quote" next to "reply to" in posts.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

That one I can't answer, if they feel they can bring back tourists, then maybe it is?

Losing tourists to a disaster is one thing, but bringing them back when it's not safe would be the final nail in the coffin for the tourism industry down there.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I've been seeing these TV commercials for a while now. I saw one a couple of days ago and it pissed me off to no end. I believe they are making them because of some court ordered restitution. I'd like to see that same commercial with tar balls on the beach and people throwing-up their sea food, etc. Next we'll be seeing vacation commercials for Fukushima Japan. They are already making Chernobal seem like a wildlife paradise on PBS shows, even though the scientists take precautions and are only allowed short exposure times. This sort of thing is beyond my comprehension.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Good advice, the lights are now on! Thanks.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

How I understand it is copy everything between the = signs - so for your video here is the link

www.youtube.com...

Copy this part: tO2i_mMZfz4&feature into the Vid: YouTube thingy and you're good to go.

new topics

top topics

join