It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last U.S Troops Leave Iraq

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Kirkuk, Tikrit, Taji, Basrah, Besamaya, Baghdad (4 facilities). Um Qasr. Those are the places where the State Dept and the OSC-I will maintain facilities after Jan 1st. They are essentially bases, just on a lot smaller scale.

They will be manned by thousands of contractors doing logistics, communications (ITT among others), providing basic life support services (KBR) and security (namely Aegis). The State Dept didn't realize initially how reliant they had been on military convoys to deliver supplies. There have been shortages of food, fuel and water at some of the facilities so far after State Dept/OSC-I took over. .

Warnings were put out to the facilities for US personnel to decrease movement as much as possible and use the buddy system at all times due to kidnapping possibilities.

I'm glad i left there at the end of Nov. The State Dept/OSC-I seem to be in way over their head.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

AND now it is time to pull up those bootstraps and move on to the next war....

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

I think we all know that is a certainty,

But is there really any chance they would get away with it again?

China, Russia, Pakistan, Iran, Syria........And possibly any amount of other Islamic country's.

If another Muslim country is attacked, I fear it will be the end of the world as we know it.

Non interventionism is the only way to avoid a very bad situation on earth.

Take heed US Puppet POTUS

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

I wonder if the U.S would have just waited 9 more years, would the Arab Spring have swept into Iraq and taken the Saddam regime out or would the Iraqi people be too afraid to stand up?

There would have been no Arab spring without the Iraq war...it never would have happened without it.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by aRogue
US troops will remain in Iraq for another 100+ years. Now that's a fact.

I'm going to guess some thought the same thing about Vietnam before the final acts in 1975. I don't think we'll be in Iraq the rest of next year, let alone 100yrs. We've removed the enforcers and now the Iraqi's and Jihadi's will move to evict the 'middle management' the enforcers were there to protect and support all along. I'd say the Embassy in Baghdad starts feeling like something at the end of the known world and a mighty lonely place to be by the end of January. I sure don't see a 100 year presence there anymore though...not how this has ultimately ended and how we left those we're walk away from.

Frankly, I'd think anyone who so much as held a friendly chat with a U.S. Soldier in view of the public over there needs to begin exploring immigration options outside Iraq....anywhere but Iraq. It may become a downright deadly place for "Coalition Collaborators" to live and be found in the very near future. I wonder what Obama will have to say for things...if this becomes a bloodbath like Vietnam after Saigon finally fell.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bruwin

I wonder if the U.S would have just waited 9 more years, would the Arab Spring have swept into Iraq and taken the Saddam regime out or would the Iraqi people be too afraid to stand up?

There would have been no Arab spring without the Iraq war...it never would have happened without it.

ARe you sure?

Didn't it start it Bahrain with a vegetable stand person getting beat up?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
What I curious to know is that since Obama is now declaring the war to be over, will the media rake him over the coals when a US support troop is killed anytime after? You know, like what happened to Bush and "Mission Accomplished"?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bruwin

ARe you sure?

Doesn't matter where it started. Prior to Iraq it was difficult for any Arabs to think their governments could be toppled. Now if only the Persians could take more serious notice.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
"If another Muslim country is attacked, I fear it will be the end of the world as we know it. " I agree. Muslims are too united to let one of their bretheren harmed and not do something about it. Most certainly enough conflicts will arise and as we all know, they lead to violence and the use of guns. People should be ready for any emergency scenario that might come up and knowledge of Basic Life Support is essential. This blog may help with need to know information on BLS nashvillecpr.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Now the troops can be stationed inside the US for when the civil unrest begins as a result of the economy collapsing. The DHS has already got a bid for a billion new rounds of ammo for them waiting. Things are fixing to get worse folks and I hope you all are prepared as you can afford to be.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join