It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last U.S Troops Leave Iraq

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
US troops will remain in Iraq for another 100+ years. Now that's a fact.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

The new name represents a new organization that's more focused on compliance and "openness," CEO Ted Wright, who joined the company in June, told CNN. It also comes as the company looks to move back into the expanded market for U.S. security contractors in Iraq as U.S. troops depart.

Academi/Blackwater

The U.S. military is moving out but American presence will remain for quite awhile in the form of private companies...and still funded by American tax dollars. No real change here save for the faces...and Blackwater is still going at it...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Those poor soldiers are LEAVING HELL, just to come back to ANOTHER HELL...

They are coming home to country where they have no future, hope, or jobs to look forward to. It has all been GAMBLED away by some corrupt SNAKES who have drained this country dry.

What a shame. What a DAMN shame. The HELL never ends.

edit on 18-12-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Maybe the US works it differently (I'm a Brit) but don't soldiers sign up for a certain number of years service with possibly, if needed and required, an option to re-sign up for an X number of years afterwards? Example, my Dad signed up 3 times in total and spent...18 ( I think) years in service but always with an option (for both legal parties) for renewal of contract, to use job-like words/terms.

ETA
To the OP. Whatever, the return of a large number of troops is imho nothing but a good thing. Your title made me think of Pink Floyd's or Roger Water's song Bring The Boys Back Home. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Peace on Earth! Big Love!

edit on 18/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
[We did have probable cause, Saddam kept denying our inspectors when we asked nicely for years.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by marsoc

Totally incorrect. What you had was a bunch of fear-mongering government propaganda. Dr. Hans Blix (nuclear weapons inspector):

Dr. Blix accused the US and British governments of dramatising the threat of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, in order to strengthen the case for the 2003 war against the regime of Saddam Hussein. Ultimately, no stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction were found.

ETA I do beg your pardon. I forgot the cherry-picked, downloaded from Internet Word document they used. It was originally from a student. This is what Co-Lin (WTF? Isn't it just Colin?) Powell used as his source for justification of the whole nuclear thing.
edit on 18/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

edit on 18/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Clarification

ETA2 Thank God for computer noobs and document metadata. That is what belied his sources.
edit on 18/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA2 Plus slight addition/clarification in ETA

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
P.S. ... the door is open for a unilateral strike against Iran by Israel.

Netanyahu's party primaries on January 31.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips

Originally posted by satron
I wonder how many of those soldiers will have to move back in with their family.

Why? You dont suppose they have a nice chunk of money saved up? Also, whats wrong with stayin with family for a while?

They will spend it on beer/clubs and new cars. How do I know you ask? It always happens after every deployment. As for moving back in with parents, oh yes it will happen.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
That has nothing to do with "probable cause" like I said before we had it. He denied us and everyone. Plus its a fact he was trying to get the material to start working on one. strike first before getting struck.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by marsoc
That has nothing to do with "probable cause" like I said before we had it. He denied us and everyone. Plus its a fact he was trying to get the material to start working on one. strike first before getting struck.

You must be joking. You are repeating 8 years old lies now?
Are you a government paid shill or an idiot?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
It shouldnt be a problem like NAM, we get paid a sick amount to go to school, they pay for our housing and bills now, jobs shouldnt be that much of a problem. Go to school.. ride it out, its cake, you guys deserve it.. getting paid to go to a couple of easy classes on average of 1500 a month ... or go contract, so many opportunities, I know cause I done them both

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Saddam himself did not let anyone inside certain areas to check, its a fact, check that. It has nothing to do "if we found something"

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by marsoc

You? Police of the world
Lighten up friend. This is debate, not war. I love everyone at the cost of myself if necessary and with a vengeance. Rope for old money?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by marsoc

It works both ways. May I inspect your nuclear bunker, right now? Or whenever?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
It does, I dont think Saddam asked to look at ours , if he did we would have no problem; you know why I know this. I spent time guarding nuclear weapons, where of all people we let the Russian diplomats visit twice a year to inspect. It was part of an agreement. But again, like I said he kept us from viewing certain places. The line that separates knowledge is the TS and S clearance, thats why most normal people argue, cause they dont know the full details because their job doesnt call for it. Ive seen people change the way they think once they been given the opportunity for a clearance, hence more knowledge, sucks but its the case in many

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
god bless and welcome home I say! I appreciate my comrades in the military and all they have done. and I am mostly happy this joke/mess/war is over, firstly for my brethren and secondly for the iraqi people. so much lost... a war that changed the face and economy of the planet swiftly.

from here on out I hope we let the people in the ME decide who and who doesn't have WMDs that may or may not destroy israel. it is NOT our concern.

but the ish will hit the fan when the good folks in the service come home after risking life and limb only to fight for jobs with illegals and other tax-credit migrant workers. shall be VERY interesting indeed!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

It was unique. The presence of a nuclear superpower on one side, and bad local governments on the other side, are what prompted Arabs to take things into their own hands.

We cannot honestly say there would be an Arab Spring without a US presence in Iraq. We cannot honestly say there wouldn't have been.

Remember. The idea that "both sides" are bad are what essentially triggered the precepts to the collapse of the soviet union.

When you give people two choices that both result in death in the end, they have no choice but the forcibly create a third option.

Lessons for the home front, me thinks.
edit on 18-12-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

There will be no party in the streets like VE or VP day .. a war for an ungrateful people that buried us in debt and having no idea what we even did it for, losing thousands of soldiers and maiming tens of thousands more, a war that's been declared over I don't even know how many times..

Most American's are so sick of it we'll just shake our heads and flip the channel. We simply no longer care.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
what about those megabases which are declared american territory + their huge ass embassy...largest in the wolrd

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

richardengelnbc 47 mins 16 secs ago Twitter
Last soldier out of #iraq, spc vergil heger yfrog.com/ocj37abj

Source

He looks really happy

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join