It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW ATS CHAT UP AND RUNNING (for now)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I was really looking forward to annoy you
...Oh well.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Pros:

Really really fast, much easier read, great to get notified when someone leaves instead of just when they enter, and strangely enough, I had actually been joking last week about not having a smilie with batting blue eyes and now there is. Thanks for that

Private chat is much better now and less likely to cause a slip into the public room (though that may be a con since I probably won't catch people talking behind my back about me anymore) -

Cons:

Miss seeing who is in room before I enter, and also being able to "catch up" on prior conversation. Are we missing something on that one? Is there a prior log we haven't noticed yet?

Oh, and I hear we see no distinction for mods when they enter the room, which was nice if you had a question for one and they were in there. But I guess we can just memorize the list.

My biggie is that I can no longer click on posted links for some reason. I was told to go to the clipboard and copy/paste but that hasn't worked for me either (besides it was easier to just click the link directly from the post). Should I be able to do this still? If so please advise what may be wrong.

Great Job!

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Hey SkepticOverlord, I've noticed the mods have many more capabilities in the chatroom than other members have. Is it possible that the mods can send a url to your computer and have it open by itself? And is it also possible that the new chatroom is making the mods insane? Oh and what about their ability to use other chatroom members names and send a messege that looks like its from one person but actually from a mod?

[edit on 14-9-2004 by Ycon]

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ycon Hey SkepticOverlord, I've noticed the mods have many more capabilities in the chatroom than other members have. Is it possible that the mods can send a url to your computer and have it open by itself? And is it also possible that the new chatroom is making the mods insane? Oh and what about their ability to use other chatroom members names and send a messege that looks like its from one person but actually from a mod? [edit on 14-9-2004 by Ycon]
huh? Only ATS SuperModerators have admin capabilities. No, simple URL's in the Java environment do not open on their own.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Skeptic since you changed the main chatroom to serious discussion only, we are limited to cosmic top secret (which I am assuming will eventually be limited to staff) and skull and bones or illuminati. You guys tried to throw me in secret societies in the past and it didnt work
I would like to see a room with a name not related to secret societies. Please

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ycon
... we are limited to cosmic top secret (which I am assuming will eventually be limited to staff) and skull and bones or illuminati. ...
I would like to see a room with a name not related to secret societies. Please

Huh!?!?!????
Ycon, are you okay???

does anyone have a clue here? I had no idea chat was a cosmic top secret event.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
hehe, yer what ycon is saying makes sense

there a few chat rooms in there, and cosmic is the one where mods, super mods and admin staff can all go.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join