It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I'm disillusioned by people who are disillusioned by Obama"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
That's a George Clooney quote, not mine. This is a picture going around on Facebook about Obama:

So the logic here is that it doesn't matter what your candidate has done or hasn't done while in office (good or bad), if you voted for him you should keep supporting and "selling" him to others, ignoring his misdeeds and pushing forward every little thing that might be considered positive? These are the type of voters we're dealing with here. Voting the party line instead of voting for the most fit candidate is what many voters are going for, and that is exactly why we are in the mess we're in.

I'm proud of the disillusioned voters for recognizing a failed politician when they see one. Those who voted for Obama voted for him because he promised many things he hasn't been able to deliver. If anything, he's continued the wars, outrageous spending and there certainly is no transparency in our Government. He continues to chip away at our freedoms, so why shouldn't people be disillusioned? Why should people continue to support him when he's clearly not doing what he promised to do? I thank God for the people who are still willing to punish politicians with their votes. I'm thankful for the people who constantly question authority figures. I'm sick and tired of those who stick to their guns no matter how wrong they are.

There is no shame in changing one's mind when one sees that something is not working. It's admirable to be able to admit you're wrong when that is what the evidence shows. I guess Mr. Clooney believes otherwise. Republican or Democrat, if you're not doing your job you're gonna lose it.

Maybe I'm overreacting to a silly picture with a quote from someone who's political opinions are insignificant, but that's the way I feel, especially when I see people agreeing with him.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Meh he's probably after an Oscar.

Surely no one can be that stupid?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
To be honest, that isn't the message. The message is that there is a lack of unity in the progressive voters block. Let's omit conspiracies for one second:
One can not believe to be fighting or fight against oppression if one quits every time they do not get every single one of their issues addressed. The political process of policy promotion and execution is not completed in the wave of a wand. When one simply quits the fight because their wishes haven't been granted by the "all powerful" president, then the fight is lost from the onset. One has to stay dedicated, and make compromises within their ideology block. Decisions have to be made, and issues have to be ranked in order of importance if any serious action is to be taken. I'm also disillusioned with disillusioned Obama voters. They are absolutely "zany"! They'd rather get everything with Obama or nothing with a hard right conservative President and Congress.
Crazy right.

Conspiracy On: I dislike sheeple, but I downright hate right wing conspiracy theorist who will vote in this next election.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

So the logic here is that it doesn't matter what your candidate has done or hasn't done while in office (good or bad), if you voted for him you should keep supporting and "selling" him to others, ignoring his misdeeds and pushing forward every little thing that might be considered positive? These are the type of voters we're dealing with here. Voting the party line instead of voting for the most fit candidate is what many voters are going for, and that is exactly why we are in the mess we're in.

I'm proud of the disillusioned voters for recognizing a failed politician when they see one. Those who voted for Obama voted for him because he promised many things he hasn't been able to deliver. If anything, he's continued the wars, outrageous spending and there certainly is no transparency in our Government. He continues to chip away at our freedoms, so why shouldn't people be disillusioned? Why should people continue to support him when he's clearly not doing what he promised to do? I thank God for the people who are still willing to punish politicians with their votes. I'm thankful for the people who constantly question authority figures. I'm sick and tired of those who stick to their guns no matter how wrong they are.

There is no shame in changing one's mind when one sees that something is not working. It's admirable to be able to admit you're wrong when that is what the evidence shows. I guess Mr. Clooney believes otherwise. Republican or Democrat, if you're not doing your job you're gonna lose it.

Maybe I'm overreacting to a silly picture with a quote from someone who's political opinions are insignificant, but that's the way I feel, especially when I see people agreeing with him.

i agree whole heartedly.
we have to hold our elected officials accountable.

-subfab

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
That came up on my Facebook today, posted by some guy who is a democratic lobbyist in DC. He said that people needed to read that to be "re-educated" and "reminded" of what a great president Obomba is, because too many Democrats are behaving like fickle mush-heads who forgot who they're supposed to be loyal to.

I think I got so irritated I burst some blood vessels in my eyes cause they bugged out when I read it.

I wrote that it sounds more like the same old brainwashing, and the dominance of the two-party system is exactly why we're in the trouble we are today. I wrote that people are fickle mush-heads because they seem to have severe amnesia, so they continue to play the two party system, voting in dems and pubs continuously and then wondering why things are not getting fixed and only getting worse. The two party system is like a dog with two heads: Either head can take things in, but it all comes out the same hole in the back and it's all crap. Besides, George Clooney is a BIlderberger (along with Oprah), so I'd rather take advice from somebody less sleazy.

Oh well, I got blocked for it, but I got a shot in before they put their shields up. I never met the guy, he friended me after he saw something I wrote about The Daily Show, but once I found out he was a Washington lobbyist, I'd just as soon he not be on my "Friend" list.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

When Movie Actors start Expressing their Political Views , Look Out , their Main Reason for doing so is PUBLICITY , something they Need to Survive in Hollywood . What they say is Not Important , it's just the Fact that Some Idiot Paparazzi is Actually Listening to them..........

edit on 17-12-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

He's an actor for christ sake! Put a script in front of them and they'll say anything.

And one thing about actors,there're always "on".

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Because Progressives are but a portion of the Democratic Party.. much like Libertarians are but a portion of the Republican Party. In reality there should be 4 parties because the two party system only really represents a minority of the population. Just as Libertarians were totally irate at Bush by the end of his terms (which many in turn voted Democrat .. we won't make that mistake again) Progressives should be totally irate at Obama for all his failed policies and anti-progressive works. He represents the other half a Fascism, same as Bush, just a different bloc of supporters, corporate donors and special interest.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
It's actually a very good point. Somehow a "majority" of the American people were sold on GW Bush - twice.

Here's a list of things the man ACTUALLY SAID...in public

politicalhumor.about.com...

Not to mention the Patriot Act, the imperial occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan, completely reversing the budgetary surplus Clinton left him with, etc. etc. etc.

But the Republicans are better car salesmen. Does this mean Obama is a great president? - NO, but the point is that you can paint a politician any color you like in the media, regardless of their positive and negative characteristics and actions

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
To be honest, that isn't the message. The message is that there is a lack of unity in the progressive voters block. Let's omit conspiracies for one second:
One can not believe to be fighting or fight against oppression if one quits every time they do not get every single one of their issues addressed. The political process of policy promotion and execution is not completed in the wave of a wand. When one simply quits the fight because their wishes haven't been granted by the "all powerful" president, then the fight is lost from the onset. One has to stay dedicated, and make compromises within their ideology block. Decisions have to be made, and issues have to be ranked in order of importance if any serious action is to be taken. I'm also disillusioned with disillusioned Obama voters. They are absolutely "zany"! They'd rather get everything with Obama or nothing with a hard right conservative President and Congress.
Crazy right.

Conspiracy On: I dislike sheeple, but I downright hate right wing conspiracy theorist who will vote in this next election.

I understand what you're saying, but when you're offering or taking away your support from any politician, you have to take into account why he hasn't fulfilled his promises. If he honestly tried and did everything in his power to make them happen, fine.... continue to support him. On the other hand if he came into office and simply changed his mind about a few of his promises, how can you continue to support someone like that? Everyone understands that you can't always get everything you wished for. When you see that efforts have been made, you continue your support. When you see that you've been fooled, you take your support away.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

That was pretty much my reaction to it as well.

second line

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
It's actually a very good point. Somehow a "majority" of the American people were sold on GW Bush - twice.

Here's a list of things the man ACTUALLY SAID...in public

politicalhumor.about.com...

Not to mention the Patriot Act, the imperial occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan, completely reversing the budgetary surplus Clinton left him with, etc. etc. etc.

But the Republicans are better car salesmen. Does this mean Obama is a great president? - NO, but the point is that you can paint a politician any color you like in the media, regardless of their positive and negative characteristics and actions

Absolutely right, but just because you can doesn't mean you should. It's only the country's future after all.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I like what you said. If you fail, you fail.

With his mindset McCarthyism would be acceptable and there wouldn't be anything for Nixon to be accused of.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

You obviously have not seen George's latest movie The Ides of March. There is a clear message in that movie and I advise everyone to watch it. George directs it but plays a minor role in it too.

ETA The corruption and BS in politics is the message, I won't spoil the plot. Well, maybe I did slightly but you won't get any more from me!

edit on 17/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

edit on 17/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Well Clooney I'm disillusioned by people who are disillusioned with people who are disillusioned by Obama.

Yes, that does, in fact, make sense.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

nvm, its late and comprehension is failing on my side...

edit on 17/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: nvm

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Well you are right to a certain extent. People expect too much and then complain constantly when their demands aren't met. I would say that this holds more true to the progressives and liberals who always supported Barack Obama and support the Democratic party. But for someone who is like me who used to be rather liberal/populist/moderate (yes I was all of those) who became disillusioned with the system and became libertarian I don't think it holds that well. And naturally you're going to have your right-wing conspiracy theorists just like you had your left-wing Bushie conspiracy theorists. Conspiracy theories are only going to become more common on the internet.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
A political statement by a guy who is paid to read lines written by someone else.

Right, because that's totally the person one should be getting their political information/stance from.

On another note: "Idiocracy"

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I was disillusioned by his acting in well, most of his films.

Seriously, this guy is only as relevant as us plebs make it. Why make it relevant?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
To quote the great social Commentator of our time, Homer Simpson, "celebrities, is there nothing they don't know?"

Seriously Mr. Clooney...being able to admit you made a mistake (voted for HopeyChangey) and moving forward is a sign of maturity. Clinging (bitterly as per the infamous Obama quote) to a politician whose policies are as deep as a bumper sticker just looks needy. Like 'Barack, I need more invites to the White House."

Clooney....meh.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join