It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultimate SHFT vehicle designs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
ATS here with NO other purpose but to serve you with some visual entertainment and brainstorming on survival vehicles- vehicles I would never be able to build, but can dream about anyways...here are some designs I put together a few days ago. This is the fun I have with my art when I am not painting or drawing insightful things.

ENJOY!

Okay, I am going to "sell it"

The above sketch is my final design....
-SLIDING DOOR- rather than swinging door is for function and strength, you can drive with the door opened, fit more supplies through it, and it is going to be easier to improvise a repair if it breaks.
-SIDE WINDOWS- there is metal plates in the door that slide into place over the window from inside the vehicle, thats why they are small.
-FRONT WINDSHIELD- Most of the designs show completely flat front windshields- this is to make it easier to retrofit any random glass or steel or plywood you might choose to in a post shft world, curved glass would be impossible to find.
-Its not too big- I know it looks like a giant, but it is actually pretty small, the shovel on the roof was to illustrate that.
-Roof rack- Cmon you know you will be stealing anything you can and needing to strap it to that rack.

MORE ART
edit on 17-12-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
pretty nice art, ultimately the average person could never have the money to create one of these themselves... but something based off a Jeep would be feasible... especially if you get something with the inline 6.... try making some sketches based off that platform, and you'd definitely be onto something.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Nice artwork there ... but a description of How and What makes this a better SHTF type vehicle design would seem quite helpful for those interested in such. (?)

For example,
The brush bar / push bar would seem a bit inadequate with regards providing across the frame / chassis protection from impacts and the like.

Just Curious ?
?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I love the art but I'd love to know something about it that makes it special.
Tell me about it, sell it to me.

At the moment I'm kinda interested in the green car from Halo.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Annie Mossity

My main thoughts were.

1- vehicle is for getting out of the city
2-Getting into the deep woods where other vehicles wont make it
3-Once things have settled 3-6 months, vehicle is used to muel supplies back and forth from the populated areas to your settlement(s) meaning it need to be strong enough to take gunfire, and human attack rather than vehicular impact.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
One thing I like better about this car than the Halo one is that it has a rounded top.
A rounded top would make it easier to flip back over if it flips.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Fishticon84

Ive actually never seen tha halo truck, I looked it up thats one mean looking vehicle. I have a PS3 never even played halo

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
rather than vehicular impact.

I wasn't speaking so much to 'vehicular impact' as I was to that of say a tree, embankment or any other sort of natural barricade or impediment.

That's all .. still, a nice design either way ... just needs some 'beefing up', imo.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Annie Mossity

Thanks, it is definately bordering the cartoony/sci-fi theme- most car concepts have that stance. If I do more sketches I'll make sure its built like a tank!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I like it!

Throw in a pair of fuzzy dice for the rearview and a thumpin' Bose stereo system and I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Rechargeable electric or some sort of bio diesel powered buggy like in the video.

But my tribe is going horseback. Versatile and very mobile and edible if HAD to.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Gas?

Gas?

Gas!

If # hits the fan, the last thing you'll want to do is to be looking for god damned gas or trying to suck gas out of gas tanks. That said:
Cool designs!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Cool artwork but like a previous poster noted, some technical details would be handy too like...bulletproof glass? Internal oxygen supply? Electrified bodywork for people attempting to touch or invade the vehicle? On board weapons? Nuclear power unit? Programmable Cocktail/beer maker? (Hey, gotta keep the thirst down!) Automatic ashtray? Chariot like spikes mounted on the wheels? Smoke/oil slick equipment? (I played the oldschool arcade game Spyhunter)

edit on 17/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Forget a word or two...

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

lol I am not trying to design the batmobile!

And about the GAS, I would hope anyone with any vehicle would have taken steps to hide gas/food wherever they are going to hide while things get crazy.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by staple

Haha, its funny you say that, the last sketch I did that night was of a horse, I said to myself, who am I kidding a horse is the best SHFT vehicle!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

I guess you never saw the 1st Mad Max movie. (A good movie btw, forget Tina Turner, that was movie number 3) People will kill for gas if they need it, just like food and water.

edit on 17/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Clarification

ETA Sorry, I watch a lot of the post-apocalyptic movies.
edit on 17/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
SHTF Vehicle is an OXYMORON

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
We will need good boots. But don't worry because every skeleton we find in a burnt out car will have perfect fitting combat boots ready for the days mischief.

I am liking the sketches for something I can drive now. Where is the open source car movement?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
It better be able to run on water or solar power...

Gas and oil may not always be available making a practical SHTF vehicle useless.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Yea, the moment I saw the thread in my mind I did imagine a horse...

Good luck with a car if stuff gets extremely FU (heck even in a zombie apocalypse I would prefer to use horses)...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join