It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid Dreaming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hey, just wondering if people here practice lucid dreaming, and if there are any techniques to enhance the chances of reaching a lucid state.

Any help would be appreciated

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiraCity

There are many techniques that help. I recommend checking out ld4all.com or dreamviews.com.
The ones that work best for me is the WILD and DEILD technique.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I have come to the realization that there is no quick way to do it. I have been training for a few years and I must admit that I still have difficulty achieving results that I find useful on a consistent basis. I blame the electromagnetic interference and electrical noise pollution in town. I use to be far more successful when I lived in the country. In a nutshell, here is how I started.

Firstly, you will want to buy yourself a bedside notebook and a couple sharp pencils. Not pens because you'll curse the day that you start writing upside down and they won't work.

Next, you will start writing everything you remember in the mornings. This is important business because you want to exercise your memory to recall subconscious dream state events. Even if you only remember flashes, write it down. This can drag on for a week to months, but you'll notice that you remember more and more of your dreams.

Continuing on, you'll begin to realize that you are starting to wake. When that happens, realize that you are now in a semi-conscious state and that you can begin to either participate, or observe your dreams. You will exercise much more control and will remember much more of the subconscious dream in transition to waking up.

Ultimately, you will continue to dream while fully awake(but your eyes remaining closed of course). At this point, you can go with the flow and observe or participate. I believe though that when you are at that point, the construction of the dream becomes distorted by your consciousness (or your awake state or EGO). This ego of yours, I believe, is what stops us from interfacing with our subconscious on a regular basis. I am also convinced that our subconscious mind (our soul) interfaces with the entire universe; therefor, gives us infinite access to all there is, all there was and all there ever will be.

What I have been training my mind the past few months is self-hypnosis. I am trying to eliminate the self-ego. Again, I believe that the ego is somehow engineered as a subconsciousness to consciousness filter. It imposes limitations upon us. Essentially, I am giving myself suggestions that the ego is "the gateway to my subconscious" and that I must open the gates to infinite wisdom. So far, I am having some success, but nothing ground breaking.

You need commitment and a strong resolve, but nothing worth doing is "lazy" to do. You will have to make it a habit.

They say that bad habits are easy to make and hard to break, but good habits are hard to make and easy to break. It is a matter of what YOU want for yourself.

Good luck.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I have had great success by keeping a dream journal and reminding myself before i go to sleep to wake after each dream. If that does not work start with the last dream you do remember and the rest will follow. The point is to really take the mindset of reminding the subconscious to instigate the awareness of lucidity in your dreams.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I have read in an old medical book that the brain produces a substance called '___'. I am still researching it but I am providing a link that might be more beneficial in your studies I guess for lack of better words.

I am not so sure about controlling dreams, as I understand dreams are parts of different things happening in the brain. I myself have had some pretty crazy dreams where I have had all the sense I have in real life, and also emotions as well; fear, anger, happiness, etc etc. I just basically summed it all up to this substance which each of us naturally produce

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by HeavenWolf

Everytime I talk about '___' my post gets pulled. The moderators think im talking about a drug when I'm actually talking about the pineal gland's natural chemical.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I do not dream often,
but when I do, it is always lucid.

Those dreams are the dreams you do not forget, the dreams that require no journal, these are the dreams that have been etched into your memory, these very dreams often turn into daydreams because the impact has been so profound that one will never dismiss it. These are the dreams you try to recall before sleep hoping to relive what was revealed, within those dreams lies the purpose. Seek and ye shall find.

PLPL

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiraCity
reply to post by HeavenWolf

Everytime I talk about '___' my post gets pulled. The moderators think im talking about a drug when I'm actually talking about the pineal gland's natural chemical.

Yeah I can understand I guess. The above mentioned substance can extracted and abused as a substance. Perhaps they dont want people creating an awareness or market for it?! Anyway I just thought it was interesting, its a natural occurring substance so I dont understand why it would be censored out..

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I've had 2 lucid dreams, although I never intended it make them lucid. In one, I woke up just as I realised it was a dream and I think it was just about to get vivid (ie real), I felt myself being "sucked" out of it. In another I experienced it as vivid / real for a good few seconds before waking up. And sometimes if a dream is going well but I wake up, I continue it while half awake, which I know isn't the same but I love the idea of being able to continue a dream.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

2 years....!! Ouch, that's a long time! Thank you Glaragod, your advise is helpful. I'm reading 'Exploring The World of Lucid Dreaming' by Stephen LaBerge and it has been somewhat helpful. The book also talks about the importance of the dream journal.
****This is a good thread, too bad more of the 'lucid dream-pro's' didn't chime in here.
Happy dreaming..

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
never tried to have a lucid dream before but after much reading i think i will.
this way explained in link i'll be trying.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Try eating candy right before bed time....hell that works for me

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
So lastnight was the first time in a few months i had a proper lucid dream. Usually i used to have them during "Power naps" afternoon time but since my new job i am working various shifts some meaning i get a longer lie in th morning...

So i have enough time for a good sleep, i was woke up with the mum and children arguing at first which woke me from a deep sleep as i gradually fell back into my sleepy state i immediately dozed off half awake/half asleep.

I have had a few lucid dreams before but not had 1 as powerful as this in awhile. Straight away i was standing in a grimey dark future city pouring of rain, could feel every drop... and at that moment i knew i was dreaming my first thought was dont wake up, i nearly did but then zapped right back into my body it was unreal staring at everything so clear like it was REAL

I was in a gun shop and the guy selling them was my good mate in real life. I thought lets have some fun and started fighting him and ended up shooting a net gun at him (testing what i could do before i woke up)... wtf lol then BOOM i was in amsterdam with the missus... so i knew at that i wasnt controlling the environment or manipulate the dream but could participate at my own free will to whatever the dream through at me.

It was good a lot more happened and i enjoyed it, hope it happens again i may start to really look into learning again how to do it at free will.

top topics

join