It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crushing the disinformation surrounding indefinite detention of Americans under the NDAA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Endthelie.com

Today Glenn Greenwald, writing for Salon, published a piece which is required reading for anyone who has been keeping up with the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) Fiscal Year 2012, especially those of us who have been arguing with proponents of the bill and others who do not understand the detainee provisions therein.

I will be going over Greenwald’s points in this article, as they cannot be emphasized enough and are all based in the ugly reality we see unfolding before us, unlike the claims made by those contending that the bill does not allow indefinite detention of American citizens without charge or trial. The indefinite detention sections, contained within the NDAA along with other strange sections like removing the ban on bestiality and sodomy for members of the armed forces, and Obama’s support for it has drawn intense criticism from some somewhat unlikely sources.

For instance, Human Rights Watch called Obama’s refusal to veto the detainee bill “a historic tragedy for rights,” and characterized the NDAA as “ill-conceived.” Similarly, the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) criticized Obama for backing down on his veto threat, although as I have previously outlined, it wouldn’t really make a difference even if he did veto it.

This is the link to NDAA Document F:\SLC\ASCR12\H1540CR.HSE from The House of Representatives…

NATIONAL DEFENSE AUTHORIZATION ACT FOR FISCAL YEAR 2012

This document is a very interesting read to say the least and some of it is very odd.

But by what I gather from the document and the article is that in indefinite detention sections, contained within the NDAA does in fact allow for the indefinite detention of American citizens without charge or trial.

I just wanted to bring this article and NDAA Document to the attention of my fellow ATSer’s.

Maybe you guys can find something in there that I missed.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Looks like the Constitution is just a theory again.....
Next we´ll say "we all like good ideas but reality is different...dont be naive....good things are only for some people.... back to work silly slave"

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by newyorkee

Well now the time to add your 2 cent in or go back to your TV

www.thepetitionsite.com...

wwws.whitehouse.gov...

wwws.whitehouse.gov... 4y2TChP

new topics

join