It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmation Of Nuclear Device At World Trade Center 1993?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Ok so I put this in skunkworks because this seems to be an unbelievable coincidence, even to me.

I am not really into the debate over 9-11. As I see that it usually turns into bickering. While researching something totally different, I found this article.

Now the article is from a controversial magazine and publication called "Contact The Phoenix Project".
Here it is. I cant seem to copy and paste any of it.
www.phoenixarchives.com...

In the article it states that there was a book written by John McPhee called The Curve of Binding Energy.

Theodore Taylor was one of the most brilliant engineers of the nuclear age, but in his later years he became concerned with the possibility of an individual being able to construct a weapon of mass destruction on their own. McPhee tours American nuclear institutions with Taylor and shows us how close we are to terrorist attacks employing homemade nuclear weaponry.
John McPhee is the author of more than 25 books, including Annals of the Former World, for which he received the Pulitzer Prize in Nonfiction in 1999. He has been a staff writer at The New Yorker since 1965 and lives in Princeton, New Jersey. McPhee's Encounters with the Archdruid and The Curve of Binding Energy were both nominated for National Book Awards in the category of science.
With his customary reportorial brilliance, John McPhee has written the story of the life and career of Theodore B. Taylor, a theoretical physicist who has been one of the most inventive nuclear scientists of our time. He miniaturized the atomic bomb, and also designed the largest-yield fission bomb that has ever been exploded. Subsequently, he led a scientific effort to build a nuclear-powered spaceship. But he later became convinced that weapons-grade uranium and plutonium are alarmingly available to anyone who might wish to build a homemade bomb, and that such an undertaking would not be impossible, as some think. Taylor for many years has tried to effect improvements in the protection of nuclear materials, in the hope of averting their catastrophic use. McPhee's exploration of Taylor's world provides a timely look at a central aspect of the history of nuclear energy, and the assessment of one of its risks.
A book holding, with pretty good authority, that tens of thousands of people know enough about the bomb and are close enough to what they don't know to produce a bomb at home . . . The report's art at its difficult best."—Alvin Beam, The (Cleveland) Plain Dealer

"Though dwellers in the nuclear age should ponder this book, as much for its intellectual excitement as for its warning."—Edmund Fuller, The Wall Street Journal

books.google.com...

Apparently there was a fear of a nuclear device possibly being used in the WTC way before even the first bombing.

Apparently there is a video that now seems impossible to find, but it could just be in my end, so I will link it anyway.

Ben Williams Presents Galen Winsor – 1986

Ben Williams (benwilliamslibrary.com) made this video with Galen Winsor in 1986. Galen Winsor is a nuclear physicist of renown who worked at, and helped design, nuclear power plants in Hanford, WA; Oak Ridge, TN; Morris, IL, San Jose, CA; Wimington, NJ. Among his positions of expertise he was in charge of measuring and controlling the nuclear fuel inventory and storage.

Galen Winsor has traveled and lectured all over America, spoken on national talk radio, and made several videos exposing the misunderstood issues of nuclear radiation. He shows that fear of radiation has been exaggerated to scare people … so a few powerful people can maintain total control of the world’s most valuable power resource.

benwilliamslibrary.com...

I was going to keep doing my original search that lead me here, but I felt compelled to share this. I just thought this was something that seemed important. If I was wrong I apologize, but even if its something else to be looked into, then I feel it was worth it.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Im trying to look through some of the 9-11 threads, have these guys or these books been mentioned. I did a search and still nothing.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
John McPhee is a journalist, probably not a sensationlist, more realistic. Anything he would write deserves attention. The Idea of some kind of nuclear device being used on 9/11 in addition to what is known to have happened is open territory, if you don't consider that the towers fell solely from the aircraft collisions for instance.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Thanks for confirming McPhee. I was so surprised to see and read this. I would have thought it was mentioned, but this is the first I heard. I find it amazing that this scenario, which I am sure someone had seen before all of this, maybe there would have been better precautions.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I have to say, I was looking through my threads and found it amazing that almost no one commented on this. So.... I thought I would give it a bump, until it goes under ground again

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I have to say that there is a forum dedicated to this and no one seems to be intrigued about this....hmmmm

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
What I found the most interesting part was the claim that nuclear radiation isn't as harmful as claimed for use as a fear tactic for control. Made me ponder space travel. Although, not sure if it is different radiation....

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Due to the recent threads coming up about 9/11 I thought that I would give this a bump, and as far as my concern with no one wanting to discuss it, it still has me

Peace, NRE.

top topics

join