It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking for members opinions...Do you think the Coverup of existance of E.T. to be good or bad?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I think it is like science, if it is the way things are (aka the truth) then let it be known by all. People will get used to it eventually, and can prepare for and plan according to this new knowledge. Was it good to cover up Copernicus or Galileo? Was it successful? Sure there were deniers, and others brought to the truth kicking and screaming, but overall the repression of the truth is worse than its dissemination.

Also, to any who doubt whether there has been a coverup, watch all of the Disclosure Project interviews, and all of the project blue book film, and look at all of the newspaper reports of flying saucer in the months PRIOR to Roswell. Come to your own conclusions, but I think the truth of aliens and coverup is undeniable.
edit on 17-12-2011 by tiger_tts because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by undo

Hi undo...

see i don't view the report that said religious people would be the problem, as an accurate reflection of reality. particularly not after discussing these issues with both religious and non-religious people. by far, atheists are the most adamant against any notion that the ET possibility may verify the authenticity of ancient texts the world over. not all atheists, mind you, but they are the most likely to call it bunk and would be forced to work overtime to quell any damage such a revelation might make among their ranks.

Yah, but atheists don't burn people at the stake for disagreeing with them. Religious people have been known to... well you get my point. Today's equivalent would be "modern civilization" bombing other countries to "free them" or "democratize them", which is just another lie really designed to invoke a "justifiable" excuse to invade and steal their stuff. See "Conquistadors" and the "Crusades" (which are still going on BTW).

oh i disagree, particularly since i qualified my statement by reinforcing the idea of religious power holds who would be threatened by ETs enough to want to hide their existence, are likely not religious people anyway, as they aren't participating for the spiritual benefits, but for the purpose of accumulating and maintaining their own earthly power. to me, that means they aren't religious. such institutions would be found burning people at the stake, chopping off their heads, and various other not so nice ways of disposing of people you disagree with. meaning, essentially, i don't view those "religious" power structures to be religious, just atheists trying to use the system to their advantage. atheism is not a one size fits all label. it covers alot of ground.

Then we agree on that. Just a difference in semantics: You call false religious groups atheists? And I differentiate between Religion, which is man made and Spirituality which is God reaching people in their "inner temple".

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I disagree completely. Santa is a fun crutch for awhile but ive seen its damages. And the difference between santa and the ETs are a bit different. But your right some people would not be able to sleep, but thats because the government has weakened us. We are strong and we can deal with more than what they want us to believe. Besides they hide problems from us that maybe someone out there, that doesnt work for the government, could solve. I dont live in fear and this was learned. We are strong beings made to believe we are cowardly sheep.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

oh i don't call the groups false, just the leaders of the groups who would knowingly and deliberately participate in the cover up of ETs for the purpose of maintaining their earthly power. i think ET proves ancient texts, not disproves. if ET showed up and was forthcoming, gracious and helpful, people would be falling all over themselves to earn their favor, much like we do with our politicians and religious leaders. those folks, if they are threatened by other worldly powers to their own earthly power, would likely be so because they were never in it for the people or spiritual benefits to begin with.

now i'm not saying that we should all bow down to ETs, or else were atheists, i'm just tryign to indicate that an institution that would hide it, has no other earthly reason to do so, other than the advantage it provides THEM, not the disadvantages it would provide us. unless there's more to the story than any argument or discussion i've read about this since i started reading about it.

edit on 17-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Absolutely terrible for humanity.

And here's why;

Technology, advanced and completely clean travel and industry, energy generation, end to tribal and resource based warfare, equitable forms of living for all, habitat and urban sprawl a thing of the past, uninhabitable areas made habitable and desirable, Stabilised biosphere, potential for knowledge expansion is incredible, humanity becomes a united and thriving species, not suspicious and competing nations, going into space and stepping out into the cosmos, joining and co-operating with like minded ET species, the benefits go on and on.

Negatives?

People discover their religious beliefs are not as accurate as they had imagined..they'd adapt and carry on regardless of course, the Vatican has already laid the groundwork in this respect.

Not much else...religious fighting would be virtually nullified and those people would find commonality in their beliefs instead of differences, so negating the 'religious nut getting hold of and using technology for destructive purposes.

Bring it on, we need this now, the planet need this now. It cannot happen soon enough as far as i'm concerned.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

It is stupid.

I ask again. Why would you cover up aliens? It's no different than covering up Black people's existence.

There's no reason to cover up the existence of a civilization.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Put on your thin foiled hats folks.
The question should rather be, what would your reaction be if you suddenly found out that aliens are very much real, in fact, that they've been around since recorded history? That they're not from another planet but rather from a parallel dimension to our own and that for millenniums the people in power have been performing occult sacrificial rituals to get into contact with them for whatever purpose, knowledge, power, wtv. What if you suddenly found out that the checkered mason floor and the two obelisks of light and darkness were actually where rituals were performed not to give homage to tradition, but to summon such aliens into our world, that the light obelisk is our word, and the dark is theirs. How would you feel knowing that the same entities that posses people and need exorcisms are one and the same. Demons, djinn, aliens, all the same creatures of the night. Magic is very real, in the sense that you can summon these creatures to our world, of course, you would have to be a mad man to try. What if you found out that these same entities inhabit certain people's bodies? Just like in the exorcisms where foreign entities control bodies for kicks, here they control bodies to walk amongst you. Scary thought eh? What could they possibly want? Well, that is what the government don't want you to know, cause you'd all go nut job on your next door neighbor accusing him of being an alien tusk.
When government can't protect you from the paranormal, why disclose the existence there of.
Why do you think there were middle-aged witch hunts all over Europe to prevent such summonings?

Like my explanation? I don't have an ounce of proof

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

People discover their religious beliefs are not as accurate as they had imagined
reply to post by spikey

i think it's the exact opposite. which means the people who would be really scared of ET are the ones that 1) don't believe ancient texts have any truth in them, 2) would be forced to re-examine how that applies to them in light of the ET evidence, and 3) think religious people will start worshipping ETs instead of human power structures. that prospect would naturally scare the non-religious alot more than the religious as the religious would likely adapt to the new power structure, where as the former power structure, would pitch a fit.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Imagine if we will an announcement that Air Maneuvers would be carried out in the sky all over the world by the ET's for all to see (like an "air show") and afterward they would land and give briefings in person to every nation to tell us they are real and here to prove it. First thing some government would do is try to capture and hold em for ransom to get the technology they possess in order to dominate the world. Then a war would break out to free the captives which humans would lose and leave a general mess and disrupted relations between all the worlds nations which could lead to more wars. I think they have thought of this and generally avoid contact. Besides their manuals about earth say "Avoid the locals, they dissect our bodies."

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

now i'm not saying that we should all bow down to ETs, or else were atheists,

An atheist is someone who believes there is no God. In fact to be an atheist involves exactly the same amount of faith as it does to believe in many religions as neither are provable. Bowing down to ET may be stupid but it does not mean you are an atheist.

i'm just tryign to indicate that an institution that would hide it, has no other earthly reason to do so, other than the advantage it provides THEM, not the disadvantages it would provide us.
You might be right but you can't be sure of this.

Something you might want to consider is that in fact, the intelligence services have pretended to cover up things that they want the UFO community to believe, not just covered up the truth - a classic deception technique. It takes some doing to get to grips with this topic - if that is even possible.

I also think that you are completely wrong about religious people being well equipped to adapt to ET reality. Some may be but at the heart of Judeo-Christian beliefs is the idea that humans have been gifted rulership and are more like God (more perfect) than the rest of Gods creations. None Judeo-Christians (religious or not) will have a far easier time adjusting to the fact that this isn't true - especially if the God(s) below turn out to be aliens.

Then God said, "Let us make humans in our image, in our likeness. Let them rule the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the domestic animals all over the earth, and all the animals that crawl on the earth." So God created humans in his image. In the image of God he created them. He created them male and female. God blessed them and said, "Be fertile, increase in number, fill the earth, and be its master. Rule the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, and all the animals that crawl on the earth."
SOURCE: gwt.scripturetext.com...

Think about it....

edit on 17/12/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

edit on 17/12/11 by Pimander because: typo

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I like the fact that you posted the positives as well as the negatives. Believe me....there is going to come a time...very soon....that the Norther Polar Ice Cap....is going to be history....as well as all the fresh water glacial ice in Greenland.

Right now in Alaska....Methane is bubbling out of Permafrost and Lakes...that has been frozen for thousands of years and Methane has much greater of an effect to accelerate Global Warming than CO2.

I am not positive...but I believe that we are...RIGHT NOW....in posession of Low Temp. Fusion. I think this is tech. that we ourselves developed nevermind what wonders we may or maynot have been able to develop from anything recovered that was E.T.

Basic physics and chemistry.....more energy created in a close system....in this case...the Earths Atmosphere....more reactions....Bigger Storms....massive destructive Hurricanes.....crazy weather. Nevermind the rise in the Sea Level. Or worse case senario...just like in the movie...The Day After Tommorrow.....shutdown of the Oceans Gulf Stream and other coveyers of warm water to cold water....thus....ICE AGE.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by undo

Imagine if we will an announcement that Air Maneuvers would be carried out in the sky all over the world by the ET's for all to see (like an "air show") and afterward they would land and give briefings in person to every nation to tell us they are real and here to prove it. First thing some government would do is try to capture and hold em for ransom to get the technology they possess in order to dominate the world. Then a war would break out to free the captives which humans would lose and leave a general mess and disrupted relations between all the worlds nations which could lead to more wars. I think they have thought of this and generally avoid contact. Besides their manuals about earth say "Avoid the locals, they dissect our bodies."

well now you're getting into different theoretical territory as regards ETs, that i have thought about alot. i think their bodies are remotely-controlled hazardous environment suits. and the real entity driving the suit, is not visible or even present at the actual geographical location of these encounters. so dissecting their environment suit would be a nuisance at least, and an ambassadorial flub up at worst.
edit on 17-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

It is stupid.

I ask again. Why would you cover up aliens? It's no different than covering up Black people's existence.

There's no reason to cover up the existence of a civilization.

Again....you state it is stupid....but provide no answers why....only questions. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I find endless contrived questions, displaying a prejudice to the thought that the existance of ET's as a forgone conclusion, is tedious. What a waste of time and effort. Belief in ET's is a religious thing, nothing more. ET's have replaced God for the follower and believer of such tripe. To ask if a "coverup of existance" is "good or bad" without any proof of ET's very existance is at the height of religious faith not a foregone conclusion of reality.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
I find endless contrived questions, displaying a prejudice to the thought that the existance of ET's as a forgone conclusion, is tedious. What a waste of time and effort. Belief in ET's is a religious thing, nothing more. ET's have replaced God for the follower and believer of such tripe. To ask if a "coverup of existance" is "good or bad" without any proof of ET's very existance is at the height of religious faith not a foregone conclusion of reality.

^i rest my case, your honor.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Radekus

I think what you are mistaking is what Hollywood has warped into the public conscious....Parellel Dimentions. It would really be an Alternate Universe. Dimention is a Geometric term. You could say they exist in conjuction with our Universe....but exist at a different vibrationary state. But if they are of this Universe....even if they exist in a higher dimentional state....they would still be partially govened by the same dimentionality that we are.....therefore....better use of terms....Alternate Reality....Alternate Universe. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Radekus

But at least you are thinking. At least you have a thought. That is better than some people who would rather put their heads in the sand and say it's all right....nothing to worry about. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Some may be but at the heart of Judeo-Christian beliefs is the idea that humans have been gifted rulership
reply to post by Pimander

jesus said he was going to come back to earth, and would arrive from the sky, with an armada of 10,000 saints. and that he would rule the earth. at that point, he isn't human anymore. he's in his glorified body. which apparently doesn't age. and that chritsians, would rule with him, not before him but with him. some have interpreted that to mean, as soon as he passed on, resurrected and went up in the sky on a "cloud", humans immediately inherited ownership of the planet, which they then further modified to say, christian human leaders of the papal variety. doesn't say anywhere in the text, that we would rule before he came back but it's all semantical if you take into consideration ruling houses believe their descendancy from the house of judah or abraham, automatically qualifies them as the presence of jesus or al'lah, already here.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
On the contrary, you DO NOT KNOW what the reasons are some members claim to know of ET reality or whether they are valid. I could just as easily say you have faith that they do not know. It may be a religious thing for some but not for everyone. The assumption here is yours.

Just because someone cannot produce the proof that will satisfy you does not mean something is not a reality. I cannot prove whether I brushed my teeth this morning but I know whether I did.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
lets just say there is no right way to do the wrong thing.

when has a "coverup" ever been beneficial to all parties involved?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join