It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking for members opinions...Do you think the Coverup of existance of E.T. to be good or bad?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

It would be disturbing to many - no doubt. You're right, I believe in a higher power (God?) but I know there are aliens.

As for religious texts, they contain lots of wisdom. However, they also contain opinions and errors, mistranslations and have been manipulated by people in positions of power. That's why taking any text as gospel has a down side.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I'd been thinking about how to respond to this thread when amazingly I came across this quote by Christopher Hitchens that sums up my feelings.

"My own view is that this planet is used as a penal colony, lunatic asylum and dumping ground by a superior civilisation, to get rid of the undesirable and unfit. I can't prove it, but you can't disprove it either." –

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Cover up for sure. Too many Government explanations that conflict too much with the evidence/facts of incidents over the last 60-70 years!.

Bad and I would say downright against the interests of the masses and their right to know!

Too many folk that have come forward who previously had high security clearance to speak out about the secrets being kept from the people.

Its getting harder for them to keep on covering up and its only a matter of time before the moment of truth!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

bad. truth will set you free. just like lieing about oklahoma city and london 7/7 and nyc 9/11 hurt everyone and restricted free humanity. the elites like the fact that they have the knowledge, perhaps of the origins of humanity and many other things, and have a stranglehold on that knowledge thru their secret societies and groups of insiders. and they have been employing the military industrial complex (at least the blacker parts of it, along with the contractors who are as black as the aforementioned unacknowledged black budget part of the military) to do their dirty work. we need to get the information out for the betterment of society, we are ready, fear is a thing of the past and why would you be afraid of something that you don't understand? "They" haven't destroyed us thus far, the Steven Hawking approach is an overreaction to a lack of understanding and fear of the unknown. It's like being in a pitch black cubic room with a puppy dog (and you aren't sure if said puppy dog is in the room with you or not, but you thought you heard a puppy wimper so you're 75% sure theres a puppy in the room with you) and at the same time being afraid of the dark (unknown) and hearing something walking around with you in the dark pitch black room, but its just the puppy (25% unsurity caused the dramatic amount of fear and overreaction to that fear).

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

In return, I've found you're good at math, deductions. At the same time you under estimate a persons ability
to know exactly how to say something in obscurity. See truth is a big thing with me and I can say, I bet I know better than you exactly what I said.

The only disdain I have for this thread is something you control. The amount of text is insufficient and theres no reason with a topic like this. Everyone has a lot to say. Your opener is essential to an interesting thread. If you
choose to be offended by that? Well that is the truth.
edit on 17-12-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Well...I hate to be caught underestimating anyone. LOL! And you are quite correct...some of the things I post are of an open or obscure nature....but then if they were not...I would not be allowed to post. As far as control...control of anything is an illusion. This is a primary concept of Chaos theory...we really have limited abilities to control anything as nature itself has proven.

I never said I knew better what you mean than I do....I only used what information that was given to me to form an opinion. You are always able to dispute my conclusions. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

If aliens attacked, we'd have appeasers, and fighters.

We might as well just face it. We are a difficult species who will find every and any reason/excuse to fight.

If an intelligent species did visit and was here, the smart thing to do would be to keep quiet.

To your point, imagine a virus attacking the human race.
We wouldn't even gain consensus on THAT!

Some would laud the virus.
Some would hate and try to kill the virus.

We are a combative, argumentative species. I would imagine alien civilizations looking at us the same way WE view the Kardashians!

Okay, that was a hilarious way of making a good point.

You're probably right too. It wasn't always this bad..I swear it wasn't. The 90's seems like a past life some times, but I swear we all really lived it. Back then we would have joked with each other and laughed the whole thing off after considering a future as we find ourselves in the middle of now. I mean, do you recall when Clinton was being discussed in conspiratorial terms of declaring martial law to retain his hold on power and the White House? How silly to think back on now. How quaint.

So yeah.. You're probably dead on. Even such a life changing event as life from elsewhere landing right on the National Mall to walk out, wave and say Hello in perfect English would have 1/4 of the people welcoming them, 1/4 looking to shoot them and the other half wondering if there is some NWO agent with a remote control somewhere controlling a robot made to look like an Alien.

What times we're living in, eh?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

But this thread was to see what people here thought about COVERUP....whether they believe E.T. to exist or not....whether the coverup was for the purpose of Hidding secret Military Programs...or was in place to prevent Humans from reacting in a manner that would be chaos to our system.

You just answered your own question. (the underlined part.)
The current powers that be are afraid that people would not respect their authority anymore, which could lead to a collapse of the system in their minds. Thats why they keep it secret. Like the 15th century church wouldn't admit it was wrong about the world being flat and at the center of everything. They were afraid that the truth would evaporate their credibility, which it did.

But people today already believe that there are E.T.'s so what's the problem right? Why do they still keep it secret? The people that believe aren't the problem... its the "unbelievers" or should I say, "the believers". Those that threaten everyone with their insistance on "UFO's are really the Devil" and would begin a new Inquisition, and witch hunt. That could upset everything as far as the Powers That Be are concerned, and they cannot allow that either. So we remain in the "Dark Ages" as far as it goes, with mostly rumor, hearsay and innuendo to show for all our trouble.

To bad too, cause I seen one once and I want to know more about it. I'm stuck in the middle ages too.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaradia

I know a bit more about this than the average person....but I have never heard of or ben told of any of the Known races o E.T....wanting or having a desire to help us. The general consensus is they are still pissed off that we have a few things of theirs and would like them back.

This is understandable....given that to allow an nonsufficently evolved race access to advanced tech...could be disasterous. Of the little I know....non-use of this tech. is a must...as part of the deal. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I believe THERE is a COVER-UP and it was originally intended for good purposes but along time got abused and taken advantage of and now is solely for their OWN gain... And i believe it has gone on for so long now, that they cant release the truth because we would see how corrupt they truly are! and then people would wonder what else they where hiding.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I do believe that there is a cover up. For there not to be life out there is just not something I can I believe. We are a tiny spec in this huge massive existence.

I believe that this cover up has been a horrible thing that so many have had to suffer/die for. How many people have been killed, committed suicide, disowned, ridiculed, gone crazy, and or permanently fried their brains because of this cover up.
They are losing this battle though because it seems like there are more and more UFO's, SSO's, & alien's visiting. I can see the governments not wanting us to know about other things in existence because we would evolve to a level 1 civilization (and further) and our governments are greedy and want total control.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
In reply to several of the above replies....I also am disturbed by any group having the power to keep the truth from the populous. But I have seen things...and done things by necessity....and although they are my Demons to deal with....the more I think about them....I can't see any other way.

I have but the tiniest of glimpse of this issue...and it scares the Hell out of me. Why do you think I am posting on this board. If it were not for the fact that I have NEVER posted any concept or idea that has not already been made public...I would no longer be posting.

Because of a special association and the use of my Overt Job in conjunction with my other one....I would have no leverage at all. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
to answer the op question: if ETs are visiting and our govs are covering it up. that's bad.
bad because, according to my understanding, mystery is only useful if what it's hiding is necessarily
damaging for the people to know. but seems when elites talk, what they mean by "the people" is not the people in reality, but the power structure of any given nation. so the big question is, if they are hiding it, what "people" are they hiding it from besides the average resident of this planet? are they hiding it from their own supporters, from their political and religious base? OR are they hiding it from the hordes of new atheists they mistakenly nurtured to full ivy league stature, who don't believe a thing from ancient historical texts is accurate, and would be among the first to refuse evidence of its accuracy ON ANY LEVEL?

see i don't view the report that said religious people would be the problem, as an accurate reflection of reality. particularly not after discussing these issues with both religious and non-religious people. by far, atheists are the most adamant against any notion that the ET possibility may verify the authenticity of ancient texts the world over. not all atheists, mind you, but they are the most likely to call it bunk and would be forced to work overtime to quell any damage such a revelation might make among their ranks. this is because they've been working with 300 year old critical papers written before the advent of archaeology, as regards ancient texts. seems they threw out the baby with the bath water and are still trying to justify it. there's no middle ground with them

so ET, particularly as an icon of ancient texts, is automatically a fairy tale by virtue of the historical evidence happening to be in the very texts they claim are fairy tales. i'm assuming such people fear that the religiously minded will begin to worship ETs instead of human scientists and politicians.

to be fair, there's certainly a religion issue as well, because the religious strongholds on the planet, wouldn't take kindly to being one-upped by ETs, but i don't view those types as actually religious people, just atheists using the system to their advantage. they don't claim to be atheists in the traditional sense, but are not actually participating in their religion for the spiritual benefits it may or may not provide, but rather the earthly power it may afford them. in that case, i don't view them as "religious" and would still point to the problem being related to atheism, on the subject of ETs.

odd thing that but not likely far removed from the reality of it all.

edit on 17-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I think that coverup is probably good because E.T. have a deal with TPTB to keep things under wraps. I don't kow why an advanced race would have the slightest interest in this planet unless there were resources here that they want. In that case, why would they disrupt the supply lines by revealing themselves to the rabble (by rabble, I mean us, the common man). They would then have to expend their own resources to get whatever they want from us. This simply does not make sense on their part when they can simply use us to do the work for them. TPTB are middle management. We are the peons who will never meet the boss because we are of no concern to him (them).

To put it simply, we over-inflate our own importance. What makes you think that you are so special that you deserve to know the score? E.T. sees us as less than nothing. Expendable resources. They could give a cold schnit whether we destroy the other species on this insignificant world as long as we keep producing.

As long as the supply line remains open, things are fine. TPTB go along because it's better to be in charge of the work camp than to be one of the peons digging in the pits. They know that if the supply line is interrupted, then their masters will take matters into their own hands.

It's an extortion racket - "keep the goods flowing, or we'll have to bust up your planet and put our people in charge. You wouldn't want that now would you?"
edit on 17-12-2011 by ShockTruther because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I agree. There is a group of ETs who's technology we have taken. Some of that was in an agreed exchange for abducting humans.
It is also true that there are other groups of ETs who absolutely don't trust us with anything dangerous.
There are many groups of ETs with many different agendas - some actively involved here and others who are patiently waiting in the wings for things to become more positive.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Honestly though, to answer this question is an exercise in futility. We have absolutely no information about the intention of E.T. visiting Earth. So how can we presume to answer the question as to whether the cover-up is for our own good or to our detriment?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShockTruther
Honestly though, to answer this question is an exercise in futility. We have absolutely no information about the intention of E.T. visiting Earth. So how can we presume to answer the question as to whether the cover-up is for our own good or to our detriment?

Again...as I apologized in page one post five....I forgot to say...if you do not believe in E.T. then if the coverup is of a nature to hide secret Military programs....Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShockTruther

if there is a cover up, it would be bad. there's no reason not to tell us that isn't related to the accumulation of power at the expense of everyone else.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Hi undo...

see i don't view the report that said religious people would be the problem, as an accurate reflection of reality. particularly not after discussing these issues with both religious and non-religious people. by far, atheists are the most adamant against any notion that the ET possibility may verify the authenticity of ancient texts the world over. not all atheists, mind you, but they are the most likely to call it bunk and would be forced to work overtime to quell any damage such a revelation might make among their ranks.

Yah, but atheists don't burn people at the stake for disagreeing with them. Religious people have been known to... well you get my point. Today's equivalent would be "modern civilization" bombing other countries to "free them" or "democratize them", which is just another lie really designed to invoke a "justifiable" excuse to invade and steal their stuff. See "Conquistadors" and the "Crusades" (which are still going on BTW).

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by undo

Hi undo...

see i don't view the report that said religious people would be the problem, as an accurate reflection of reality. particularly not after discussing these issues with both religious and non-religious people. by far, atheists are the most adamant against any notion that the ET possibility may verify the authenticity of ancient texts the world over. not all atheists, mind you, but they are the most likely to call it bunk and would be forced to work overtime to quell any damage such a revelation might make among their ranks.

Yah, but atheists don't burn people at the stake for disagreeing with them. Religious people have been known to... well you get my point. Today's equivalent would be "modern civilization" bombing other countries to "free them" or "democratize them", which is just another lie really designed to invoke a "justifiable" excuse to invade and steal their stuff. See "Conquistadors" and the "Crusades" (which are still going on BTW).

oh i disagree, particularly since i qualified my statement by reinforcing the idea of religious power holds who would be threatened by ETs enough to want to hide their existence, are likely not religious people anyway, as they aren't participating for the spiritual benefits, but for the purpose of accumulating and maintaining their own earthly power. to me, that means they aren't religious. such institutions would be found burning people at the stake, chopping off their heads, and various other not so nice ways of disposing of people you disagree with. meaning, essentially, i don't view those "religious" power structures to be religious, just atheists trying to use the system to their advantage. atheism is not a one size fits all label. it covers alot of ground.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
In reply to several of the above replies....I also am disturbed by any group having the power to keep the truth from the populous. But I have seen things...and done things by necessity....and although they are my Demons to deal with....the more I think about them....I can't see any other way.

I have but the tiniest of glimpse of this issue...and it scares the Hell out of me. Why do you think I am posting on this board. If it were not for the fact that I have NEVER posted any concept or idea that has not already been made public...I would no longer be posting.

Because of a special association and the use of my Overt Job in conjunction with my other one....I would have no leverage at all. Split Infinity

Ewww... Details!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join